Snake bite threat - Is this real?

theguru

I've seen (heard) one rattle snake in EKY. He was neatly tucked in a large tree root lakeside and I tossed a spinnerbait in his root and he let me know he didn't appreciate it. So, I let him enjoy it and I cut the line and had the motorguide headed in a 180 swiftly.

I agree with fky that there aren't any cottonmouths in EKY to my knowledge.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago, we were coming home right at the edge of dark and I saw a big copperhead in the road in front of my house. I ran over it and killed it in my wife's car and then I made her and my younger son get out and take a good look at that snake. My younger son likes snakes and we sometimes catch those little ring-neck snakes and play with them. But I wanted him to see what this copperhead looked like so he would know to avoid them.

So when we were done looking at it, I threw it in the creek and we came on in the house.

I swear when we walked in the house I saw a little tiny snake in our kitchen. I thought it was a rubber snake put there to scare my wife until I saw it move. I said "there is a snake in here" and my wife was like "Yeah, sure there it"

But when I caught it and she saw it wriggling, she was a believer. We have no idea how that little sucker got in our house, but those ring-neck snakes hatch this time of year so who knows and it was pretty small. Somebody probably left the patio door partly open or something.

Anyway, we threw the snake out in the yard and then proceeded to check the entire house for snakes. After seeing that big copperhead it had me spooked.

Finally, when we were done, my wife said "Well, at least it wasn't a mouse" :lol2:

I said, "Would you rather have a snake than a mouse?" and she said "Yes, if it was a mouse, I would have left and went to my Mother's house"

Some people are messed up.

A couple of years ago, we were coming home right at the edge of dark and I saw a big copperhead in the road in front of my house. I ran over it and killed it in my wife's car and then I made her and my younger son get out and take a good look at that snake. My younger son likes snakes and we sometimes catch those little ring-neck snakes and play with them. But I wanted him to see what this copperhead looked like so he would know to avoid them.

So when we were done looking at it, I threw it in the creek and we came on in the house.

I swear when we walked in the house I saw a little tiny snake in our kitchen. I thought it was a rubber snake put there to scare my wife until I saw it move. I said "there is a snake in here" and my wife was like "Yeah, sure there it"

But when I caught it and she saw it wriggling, she was a believer. We have no idea how that little sucker got in our house, but those ring-neck snakes hatch this time of year so who knows and it was pretty small. Somebody probably left the patio door partly open or something.

Anyway, we threw the snake out in the yard and then proceeded to check the entire house for snakes. After seeing that big copperhead it had me spooked.

Finally, when we were done, my wife said "Well, at least it wasn't a mouse" :lol2:

I said, "Would you rather have a snake than a mouse?" and she said "Yes, if it was a mouse, I would have left and went to my Mother's house"

Some people are messed up.

Where do you live....because I am not going to buy a house there, heck I will not even want to visit. Not really wanting to know where you live but I know what to call it...hell...

Where do you live....because I am not going to buy a house there, heck I will not even want to visit. Not really wanting to know where you live but I know what to call it...hell...

God's country. Pike County. :ylsuper:

There are critters living in the country, part of life. We have a lot of coyotes and there are more bears around then people realize, but those things don't bother me.

I don't care for snakes, but in reality, we don't see very many snakes and that was the only time I have ever had one in the house.