Snake bite threat - Is this real?

theguru

From Facebook:

Fellow Anglers beware. Several snake bites this season have came from baby copperheads found alive inside of feeding fish. With the top water bite happening now the snakes get more oxygen to prolong there life inside the fish while the fish continues to feed. Makes the want to have bass thumb a little less desirable.

snake.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, copperheads avoid being in water. They are short stout snakes who are often found near watering holes but will spend far less time in the water. What frequently happens is that people see the northern water snakes and assume because of the pattern that it's a copperhead. Not the same. And I've never in my life read or heard of a snake deciding that being eaten by a fish was a good idea. The pepsin inside the gullet of a fish will dissolve a fishing hook, I can't imagine that would be an ideal environment for a snake.

here's the pic to show the difference:

nwsn_copper_s.jpg

First, copperheads avoid being in water. They are short stout snakes who are often found near watering holes but will spend far less time in the water. What frequently happens is that people see the northern water snakes and assume because of the pattern that it's a copperhead. Not the same. And I've never in my life read or heard of a snake deciding that being eaten by a fish was a good idea. The pepsin inside the gullet of a fish will dissolve a fishing hook, I can't imagine that would be an ideal environment for a snake.

here's the pic to show the difference:

nwsn_copper_s.jpg

I certainly see and understand the difference in the head of the two snakes but if I encounter either one they both get the same respect and that is one wrong move and three Brock Lesnar's attack you.