Are You Obese?

Clyde

It depends on so many things. Body fat percentage, activity levels, calorie deficit. At low bf levels, you need them to refill glycogen stores, but if you are low, like below 10 to 12, you know how to do that properly anyway bc you figured out how to get that lean. The point of the cheat day for the rest of us is the same idea, plus a mental break. Problem is, people use it as a hall pass and go crazy with high fats and carbs, easily getting into excess range. If you want to do that, keep it to one meal until you get below 15 percent. Otherwise plan out the cheat better. Don't do as much high fats.

Agree totally

One meal, not a whole day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I think it just means you don't have to nickel and dime every calorie on that day...but, you still need to be reasonable. Don't wipe out a Golden Corral or anything. But, from everything I've been told, the "cheat day" is really to let you body know you're not going into starvation mode. If it does, then it'll start saving EVERYTHING it can. (I guess it's the same philosophy as changing up your exercise routine every 6 weeks or so, in that regard.) But I don't think having a 3500 calorie day (when your body is used to 2000 or so the rest of the week) is really that bad. Just my opinion, of course.

Eating 5 to 6 times a day keeps body from starvation mode.

Weight loss is simple math. Take in less calories than you burn and body will go to fat reserves to make up for deficit. Ig he's not losing weight he needs to either burn more calories or consume less.

There's actually much more than that for some people. For some, reduction in calories and increase in activity yields practically nothing. Much depends on what stage of life you are in, and there can be other factors such as thyroid and hormone issues

There's actually much more than that for some people. For some, reduction in calories and increase in activity yields practically nothing. Much depends on what stage of life you are in, and there can be other factors such as thyroid and hormone issues

Hormones play a huge part as does the enzymes in your stomach. How they affect metabolism and digestion is a science that is really picking up steam. Might find the. Fat gene soon.

Hormones play a huge part as does the enzymes in your stomach. How they affect metabolism and digestion is a science that is really picking up steam. Might find the. Fat gene soon.

That's the key to get it kick started. Any type of Pro biotic that will get things moving. If it's not yogurt, switch up to a natural tea.

Agreed. Fact remains it is impossible to lose weight if you take in more than you burn.

This is STUPID, 6'1" 190 and I'm over-weight. :facepalm:

It is stupid LB. I am 6'1" and weigh 198-200. I would like to lose about 10 to get to 190. At 185, I would still be considered overweight - and at 185 I would actually look skinny.

I hate these calculations, they aren't realistic. At my height (5'10"), to be in the middle of the "normal" weight range, I'd have to be 150 pounds.

I don't mind them. I understand a lot of folks don't carry around quite as much muscle as I do. Falling into that same 5'10 category. I haven't weighed under 165 since before high school. My body fat % was around 10 or 11 all through high school. So it's whatever.

At 5'10 and 200 lbs I can do over 50 pushups in a minute and over 50 situps in one minute. I think I'm ok even if that chart says otherwise. Could I be healthier sure, I could also be a lot smarter but I generally get by ok despite my short comings.