Are You Obese?

Clyde

He's not eating 3000 calories though. I'm just saying that fat loss isn't linear like that. Once Leptin and Ghrelin get involved among other hormones, fat loss slows when the deficit is more severe. It just does. Lyle McDonald has all of the science.

BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald : BodyRecomposition

He explains it in all of his books and a bunch of his articles. He explains the science much better than any of us can.[/Q

Didn't say consumed 3000. Said burned 3000. Funny thing about nutrition and exercise science. You can find a bunch of different philosophies, most contradictory of the others. I will maintain that the,equation of less in than out is the key to weight loss. I find that a majority of those who disagree are simply in denial.

The guy is very well respected nationally. He has a P.H.D. He links to the anatomical studies. He even has an article regarding the 3500 equation and why it is not an exact science, with links to studies. I am not in denial. I know from personal experience that 3500 calorie deficit is a magic number.

Edited by mexitucky

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I will listen to the guy with the P.H.D. He links to the anatomical studies. He even has an article regarding the 3500 equation and why it is not an exact science, with links to studies. I am not in denial. I know from personal experience that 3500 calorie deficit is a magic number.

That's fine. Understand that there plenty of P.H.Ds that would dispute that. Like i said there are many philosophies and theories on the subject, making it very easy to find one that says what you want to hear.

He's not eating 3000 calories though. I'm just saying that fat loss isn't linear like that. Once Leptin and Ghrelin get involved among other hormones, fat loss slows when the deficit is more severe. It just does. Lyle McDonald has all of the science.

BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald : BodyRecomposition

He explains it in all of his books and a bunch of his articles. He explains the science much better than any of us can.[/Q

Didn't say consumed 3000. Said burned 3000. Funny thing about nutrition and exercise science. You can find a bunch of different philosophies, most contradictory of the others. I will maintain that the,equation of less in than out is the key to weight loss. I find that a majority of those who disagree are simply in denial.

Less in than out is an over simplification.

I'm 6'2 220 my BMI is 28. I'm overweight lol.

I feel like I am in good shape for 44. Go to the gym 3-4 times a week and eat fairly well. I guess if I wanted to count calories, never enjoy a good meal and cut out Booze I could lose 15-20 lbs. Nah...I'm good.

Yes. I have lost 40 pounds since January, though. Still I'm considered morbidly obese.

I had my yearly physical a couple of weeks ago.

I can't quote the numbers off the top of my head, but my HDL/LDL/Total cholesterol levels are all well within norms. Triglycerides and AC1, too. The one I do remember is my PSA, which was exceptionally low. It read 0.9. That's a very good thing.

I have had trouble with gout since childhood, and my uric acid count was one decimal point outside the acceptable range. I take 2 meds. One to curtail esophageal spams and allopurinol. I'm supposed to take 2 allopurinol pills a day, I've been taking one. That's why my uric acid was high.

My diet? No carbs. That means no bread, no pasta, no potatoes, and no rice. It also means no sweets. I do not watch calories and utilize little portion control, though I naturally eat less since I've lost weight. As you can see from the above, it has taken weight off and not affected my chemistry.

My doctor says, "Keep it up."