I think we have a QB Controversy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be no QB controversy. What did AD do tonight to cause this to happen? He was 6 for 6. It was great that AJ played well and he did play extremely well. But just like last week and the week before, it was a pre-season game, let's not get too y\up or down with anything. That was not the Bears opening day defense.

Marvin and Hue will not let this be a QB controversy, nor should they. They are absolutely oblivious to the fans, as they should be.

The thing I worried most about AJ he passed with flying colors and that was did he stay focused with the rush on him and people at his feet? He did tonight and that is paramount in this division.

He did not see the field great he missed both Eifert and Peerman wide open against blown coverages down field. He was not pressured , just missed seeing them. That is what is expected, though.

Everyone all training camp has talked great about how good his pocket presence is. The only one who said he had happy feet was Skinner, which was opposite of what has been said about him and that also proved true last night. I said it then and say it now I still don't know where Skinner came up with that when everyone has said the opposite about his pocket presence.

As for the throws he missed when we're they? I watched the whole first half and he didn't miss any throws and made the right reads. Did they come in the second half? I only bits and pieces of the second half.

As for their being a qb controversy. No there is not one because Dalton is their guy. They want him to do well. However does that mean there shouldn't be? No! We know exactly what we have with him. This preason has held true to form with Dalton too. Agaiant bad to average teams he plays good. However put him against a good team in a big game or a prime time nationally televised game and he sucks. Which is a huge problem! You can surrond Dalton with as much talent as you want. At the end of the day a qb has to be able to still make plays to win big games and prime time games and he has failed 4 straight years. It has held true this preseason too. That's why people are willing to risk going with the unknown in McCaroon.

there won't be a QB controversy because Marvin will simply say "Andy is our guy"

end of that.

There should be a QB controversy though, but this franchise doesn't know how to win so they will stick with their losing formula and Dalton will start.

Most popular guy on just about every team is the backup QB - unless you have a Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Luck as your starter.

No QB controversy at this point. However, I would be much quicker to give AJ a chance if Dalton plays poorly than Marvin is...

What will be interesting is what the Bengals do when Dalton has one of those games where he is just absolutely awful from the beginning of the game. The one thing that has been consistent with Dalton, when he starts off a game looking horrible he usually looks horrible all game long. So it would be interesting for the Bengals knowing this, if Dalton is having one of those games if they would possibly pull him for once during a game at half and make the switch for the rest of that game.

:lol2: This is just to generate discussion, right? No way anyone really thinks this.

When your starting QB is 3-12 in primetime games and 0-4 in post season games with a QB rating of around 50 in the playoffs, any alternative should be taken seriously. But with giggles in charge I'm sure they will continue to march the red nightmare out there.

Everyone all training camp has talked great about how good his pocket presence is. The only one who said he had happy feet was Skinner, which was opposite of what has been said about him and that also proved true last night. I said it then and say it now I still don't know where Skinner came up with that when everyone has said the opposite about his pocket presence.

As for the throws he missed when we're they? I watched the whole first half and he didn't miss any throws and made the right reads. Did they come in the second half? I only bits and pieces of the second half.

As for their being a qb controversy. No there is not one because Dalton is their guy. They want him to do well. However does that mean there shouldn't be? No! We know exactly what we have with him. This preason has held true to form with Dalton too. Agaiant bad to average teams he plays good. However put him against a good team in a big game or a prime time nationally televised game and he sucks. Which is a huge problem! You can surrond Dalton with as much talent as you want. At the end of the day a qb has to be able to still make plays to win big games and prime time games and he has failed 4 straight years. It has held true this preseason too. That's why people are willing to risk going with the unknown in McCaroon.

When I say missed I mean they were open downfield and he just didn't see them and checked down. Protecting the ball great! Reading the field he has a long way to go. But I would expect that from any QB in his first few outing.

When I say missed I mean they were open downfield and he just didn't see them and checked down. Protecting the ball great! Reading the field he has a long way to go. But I would expect that from any QB in his first few outing.

I am not saying that is not true, I am just wondering when in the game this was? We're you at the game? If so I get it because I go to basically all the home games and that is why I get so frustrated with Dalton. I see guys running wide open that he never looks at because he locks in on one guy. Mccarron went through progressions more in this last game than Dalton usually ever has in 4 years. Even the one through to Eifert to set up the 3rd touchdown. Mcccarron even said technically Eifert wasn't suppose to be next on his progression but when he was looking at another receiver he saw Eifert flash open and went to him.

So he definitely may have missed seeing guys get open on two plays. However I have seen Dalton miss seeing guys get open for the last 4 years.

:lol2: This is just to generate discussion, right? No way anyone really thinks this.

It's almost as crazy as it would have been to talk starting Brady over Bledsoe back in the day. However even though Bledsoe had taken them to the super bowl at one point and was regarded as a very good qb. It took a young qb to get that team over the hump. Shoot the Bledsoe led team lost to the Bengals to start that season when they eventually won the super bowl. Sometimes it takes another qb to push a team over the top.

And no I am not saying mcccarron is the next Brady. However what Brady had then was great leadership and the mental toughness to handle the big moments. I think mcccarron could be similar in that regard.