Fake Gun Store, NYC

Run To State

What?! :idunno:

I think I've been pretty clear that people who are unstable and/or too reactive are at fault. The problem is our nation is so lax with guns that those people have no trouble obtaining one.

What? Well, you said guns have no practical use in our society. I've seen you complain about so called "assault weapons". I've seen your outcry against magazine capacity. So, I have to say you don't exactly come across as pro-gun.

Yeah, I know, there's like almost zero gun laws or restrictions. :rolleyes: Criminals don't care. Look at cities that have bans. They aren't walking into gun stores buying those guns.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got all of that from what I said? There's a lot of scattered assumptions about my views in your response.

For starters I think you missed the point that I was making with the speed limits comparisons.

Sure, I'll be the first to tell you that people fudge driving rules all the time. I even said so in my post when I said

"The way people foolishly cross the street or drive recklessly makes it all too apparent that civil disobedience isn't just a product of the mentally ill"

...and I'll include that there's not a time that I'm out driving where I don't see it on a regular basis, but my point was that sometimes rules of the road need to be adjusted for safety reasons, just as the guns rules should be adjusted for safety reasons. Neither is taking away anyone's privileges, but evaluating the circumstances and applying necessary measures.

Sure there are some who might ignore the flashing yellow light and speed limit sign, and some might just be so downright ignorant that they don't even know what they mean, or know to anticipate it when driving through certain areas, but for the most part any one with half a brain typically gets it, understands it, and abides by it.

Just because in my previous already long post I didn't address drugs, gangs, and guns it would be a huge leap to assume that I don't see them as problems. I didn't know that I was required to display an outcry about it.

I realize that no matter what rules are in place for just about anything there will be those who break them. Still for the betterment of a civilized organized society you still have to put them in place and do our best to enforce them.

I don't have a ready made solution, and I realize that certain adjustments won't cure all, but evaluating the situation with the hopes to at least create a better environment with regards to it isn't really too crazy of a goal.

There are so many determiners that contribute to our out of whack culture, and I'd be idealistic to think that we're ever going to completely correct everything, but it's still a worthy cause to do our best to at least make it the best that it possibly can be. Ignoring it is not an answer.

Interpret all the various post entries from everyone how you wish, but without rereading them all again, the general vibe that I'm picking up from most are that people see the present situation to be problematic, and wish for adjustments to be made in search of more practical and safer solutions.

Your thread has given me a great idea.

I'll start a thread where I'm pretty sure that most everyone is bound to espouse many various angles on the topic, with even some presenting opposing views to mine, and then act surprised when they do even though I knew going in that this would happen, and then I'll have a conniption fit when all points of view don't echo mine.

It may seem odd that one would purposely look to instigate opposing views, but with what is completely apparent regarding this thread, congratulations because it appears that you have succeeded in getting exactly what you set out to get.

I apologize for the length of my response, but you and I have been over this before. You do realize how heavily regulated guns are now, right? It's not like we only have one or two laws in place and only a two or three regulations. The problem is criminals don't care. The other problem is you can't regulate a sick mind.

I didn't make a huge leap, you didn't include drugs, gangs or criminal activity, so I brought it up. Why? Because it's one of the main reasons we have the number of gun deaths we do in this country. It always gets ignored for some odd reason though.

Ah, you touched on something there. Enforcing laws already in place. I couldn't agree more, lets enforce the laws already in place rather than talking about bans and more limitations. The problem there is, that won't play well in the left's agenda.

You speak of worthy causes to do our best, I have no problem with that until it starts to infringe on rights, and lets be honest, the anti-gun crowd wants nothing less than to infringe on those rights. Knee jerk measures aren't solutions. Bans and limitations based on fear-mongering lies and misrepresentations aren't solutions. Just passing some feel good legislation so one can say we did something isn't a solution. It will only affect the ones already abiding by the laws to begin with.

As for your last two paragraphs, see it how you want. I really don't care what you think of me. I will simply say that if that's how you feel about me, then simply don't venture into one of my threads in the future. I'm not going to walk on egg shells for you or anyone. I'm honest, some people don't like that. I don't care, I will continue to be honest. If you can't handle that, the problem is yours, not mine. Don't expect an apology and don't tell me how to react in this or any thread.

I apologize for the length of my response, but you and I have been over this before. You do realize how heavily regulated guns are now, right? It's not like we only have one or two laws in place and only a two or three regulations. The problem is criminals don't care. The other problem is you can't regulate a sick mind.

I didn't make a huge leap, you didn't include drugs, gangs or criminal activity, so I brought it up. Why? Because it's one of the main reasons we have the number of gun deaths we do in this country. It always gets ignored for some odd reason though.

Ah, you touched on something there. Enforcing laws already in place. I couldn't agree more, lets enforce the laws already in place rather than talking about bans and more limitations. The problem there is, that won't play well in the left's agenda.

You speak of worthy causes to do our best, I have no problem with that until it starts to infringe on rights, and lets be honest, the anti-gun crowd wants nothing less than to infringe on those rights. Knee jerk measures aren't solutions. Bans and limitations based on fear-mongering lies and misrepresentations aren't solutions. Just passing some feel good legislation so one can say we did something isn't a solution. It will only affect the ones already abiding by the laws to begin with.

As for your last two paragraphs, see it how you want. I really don't care what you think of me. I will simply say that if that's how you feel about me, then simply don't venture into one of my threads in the future. I'm not going to walk on egg shells for you or anyone. I'm honest, some people don't like that. I don't care, I will continue to be honest. If you can't handle that, the problem is yours, not mine. Don't expect an apology and don't tell me how to react in this or any thread.

Not regulated enough .

A longer waiting period for purchases at gun shows and stores so that a more extensive background check can be made . Relax the HIPPA laws so that a purchaser's mental health history can be examined .
Okay. How long of a wait? What examples are you speaking of in the extensive checks? The HIPPA law I have zero problem with depending on who is in charge of it and what all it entails.

Lets say all of those things happen. How does this stop criminals? How does this detect who will snap and who won't? I agree, we can stop some of the mentally ill, I'm just not convinced we can stop the next mass shooter. And if I'm correct and we still have mass shooters, what then?

Okay. How long of a wait? What examples are you speaking of in the extensive checks? The HIPPA law I have zero problem with depending on who is in charge of it and what all it entails.

Lets say all of those things happen. How does this stop criminals? How does this detect who will snap and who won't? I agree, we can stop some of the mentally ill, I'm just not convinced we can stop the next mass shooter. And if I'm correct and we still have mass shooters, what then?

2weeks . If a person is convicted of a violent crime they should have tattoo describing the nature of their crime . Sorta like what Salander did to Bjurman but where it can be seen . If after a number of years if they are a non recidivist they can have it removed .

2weeks . If a person is convicted of a violent crime they should have tattoo describing the nature of their crime . Sorta like what Salander did to Bjurman but where it can be seen . If after a number of years if they are a non recidivist they can have it removed .
No way you get a law passed tattooing people, although, I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

What about my last question. We pass all these laws (the ones you and a few others proposed) and we still have large numbers of killings and still have mass shooters, what do we do then?

My sincere apologies to you RTS if I overstepped my boundaries with some things that I said that might've offended you. I must admit that you are way more passionate about this topic than I am, and I don't mean that as a knock. I certainly am concerned, but literally haven't given it any or much thought since my last post the other day on it. Not until you responded today did it resurface in my mind. I admittedly don't know all the technical details of the law regarding this topic to be contributing too much to the discussion, and because of that, it's unlikely that you'll see any or much more of my take regarding it in future. That's not to say that I don't care, but I'm just not well versed on the matter enough to add anything intelligent, and because I'm not a big gun advocate to begin with, I personally am void of passion or interest to concentrate much at all on the topic of guns.

My sincere apologies to you RTS if I overstepped my boundaries with some things that I said that might've offended you. I must admit that you are way more passionate about this topic than I am, and I don't mean that as a knock. I certainly am concerned, but literally haven't given it any or much thought since my last post the other day on it. Not until you responded today did it resurface in my mind. I admittedly don't know all the technical details of the law regarding this topic to be contributing too much to the discussion, and because of that, it's unlikely that you'll see any or much more of my take regarding it in future. That's not to say that I don't care, but I'm just not well versed on the matter enough to add anything intelligent, and because I'm not a big gun advocate to begin with, I personally am void of passion or interest to concentrate much at all on the topic of guns.
You have nothing to apologize for. I wasn't offended, sorry if I appeared to be. You didn't overstep. I speak my mind to the point that I know I alienate people, it's just who I am. That's why I treasure the true friends that I have for accepting me for being me.

You are correct, I am passionate about it, but then again my it's my livelihood, so I feel I have to be. I don't really feel personally attacked on the issue by anyone in this thread, but I do by the left leaning government and the anti-gun crowd that supports them.

Don't sell yourself short, you know plenty to debate with anyone here. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't respect you. I just have a different way of conveying my points compared to others and I'm okay with that although most of them aren't. I'd rather hear your opinions than not. I just wanted to point out that if I bother you, it's best to ignore me because I don't go away. :lol2:

Ok, reading through this thread, I have seen post upon post mentioning people's "mental health", as a reason to stop them from owning a firearm. My question is this: To what limit would you use this? what Mental Disorders are "ok", and which one's aren't?

I am a gun owner, an outdoorsman, and a supporter of the 2nd amendment. I also suffer from clinical depression, and am medicated for it. Does this mean, in your eyes, that I should no longer be allowed to own or use a firearm, solely based on the fact that I have a chemical imbalance in my brain? I have never considered going on a shooting spree, and think of myself as a responsible gun owner.

Ok, reading through this thread, I have seen post upon post mentioning people's "mental health", as a reason to stop them from owning a firearm. My question is this: To what limit would you use this? what Mental Disorders are "ok", and which one's aren't?

I am a gun owner, an outdoorsman, and a supporter of the 2nd amendment. I also suffer from clinical depression, and am medicated for it. Does this mean, in your eyes, that I should no longer be allowed to own or use a firearm, solely based on the fact that I have a chemical imbalance in my brain? I have never considered going on a shooting spree, and think of myself as a responsible gun owner.

Excellent question! I'm interested to see what some of the answers will be.