Trinity 31 Brentwood Academy (TN) 13

TheDeuce

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked the way the Shamrocks took the 3rd quarter barrage from the Eagles and then asserted themselves to pull away. That is what is called an intangible quality. Another promising thing' date=' in my opinion, is how much the team stands to improve, especially in offensive play. I thought this was a very good win.[/quote']

Listening to the game I started to worry, but then when the Rocks responded I knew these kids would come out on top.

From the CJ, no idea what happened to the 1st Q stats:

BOX SCORE

TEAM 1 2 3 4 TOTAL

Trinity High School For Boys 0 17 0 14 31

Brentwood Academy 0 3 10 0 13

SCORE SUMMARY

FIRST PERIOD

--

SECOND PERIOD

THS – Jake Woosley 1 run (Jay Nunamaker kick), 11:57

THS – Jailen Reed 1 run (Nunamaker kick), 6:27

BW – Way 36 field goal, 3:33

THS – Nunamaker 36 field goal, 0:44

THIRD PERIOD

BW – Johnson 69 pass from Oatsvall (Way kick), 11:42

BW – Way 42 field goal, 4:34

FOURTH PERIOD

THS – Jovan Smith 16 run (Nunamaker kick), 9:44

THS – Smith 11 run (Nunamaker kick), 3:56

Anyone have any stats?
From LouisvilleCatholicSports.com:

It was a solid offensive performance for the Rocks (2-0), with senior running back Jailen Reed gaining 135 yards on 21 carries with one touchdown. Junior running back Javon Smith scored twice in his 11 carries for 77 yards. Quarterback Jake Woosley was 14 of 20 for 142 yards. He also scored Trinity’s first touchdown on a quarterback sneak to open the second quarter. Jay Nunamaker connected on a 36-yard field goal and is 2 for 2 this season.

We really didn't know what to expect from Madison Academy. We knew 32 (Auburn recruit Malik Miller) was a really good player. I knew they were a winning program and when you play a winning program, you expect a different level of effort, which is what we got in the second half." - Ensworth coach Ricky Bowers, following a 28-7 win at Alabama's Madison Academy, a defending 3A state champ. 

Nice win for Ensworth against #1 Ranked 3A team in Alabama.

We really didn't know what to expect from Madison Academy. We knew 32 (Auburn recruit Malik Miller) was a really good player. I knew they were a winning program and when you play a winning program, you expect a different level of effort, which is what we got in the second half." - Ensworth coach Ricky Bowers, following a 28-7 win at Alabama's Madison Academy, a defending 3A state champ. 

Nice win for Ensworth against #1 Ranked 3A team in Alabama.

It might be a down year for Ensworth, but that doesn't mean they can't take care of business.

Down year? Go to Bama and beat #1 Ranked team in 3A. I would say that is a pretty impressive win to add on to the resume. You don't go down to Bama and beat #1 Ranked teams in a down year.

I did say *might* but yes, I think Ensworth is strong enough that they could do that even in a down year. That Alabama team is good, but they are the best in 3A out of a state with 11 divisions.