Trinity 31 Brentwood Academy (TN) 13

TheDeuce

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive win for the Rocks.

Brentwood quit/ran out of gas/had players taking themselves out/etc. late in the game but Brentwood is a quality football team that Trinity manhandled in the end.

If Male is better than Trinity I would be surprised. And I would say the winner of Male/Trinity will be the state champ this year.

I really liked the way the Shamrocks took the 3rd quarter barrage from the Eagles and then asserted themselves to pull away. That is what is called an intangible quality. Another promising thing, in my opinion, is how much the team stands to improve, especially in offensive play. I thought this was a very good win.

I love this team. They are one unit. And they play fast and hard. Jailen Reed is a punisher, that's probably my favorite part. He truly finishes every run as if it was his last....this "could" be a special year. We'll see....

I like this team, too. Coach Beatty by all accounts also likes this team. They are physical, very physical, and seem not to get rattled. Nothing flashy---old style Trinity football from the '70s and '80s: "We're going to outman and outhit you."

I hope I am not too effusive in my praise as we have Lafayette, Male and X coming up....could lose to any of them.....have to stay focused, and improve.

Both alternated throughout.

Thx, they have been in a battle to be the #1 QB. That Brentwood team has several kids highly recruited by some big schools, including the QBs. A WR, Cam Johnson, is a 2018 kid that is high major. Interestingly, both QBs & Johnson were starters (2 as freshmen & 1 as a sophomore) on their State Championship BB team last season.