Bellevue 42 Dayton 0

Congrats to the Tigers on the win. I understand the Tigers even inserted a Freshman QB with some very good football genes to engineer a final scoring drive. Dad was a beast of a player on those State Championship teams in late 70's/early 80's.

Congrats to the Tigers on the win. I understand the Tigers even inserted a Freshman QB with some very good football genes to engineer a final scoring drive. Dad was a beast of a player on those State Championship teams in late 70's/early 80's.

Which one of our old neighbors has a son playing?

Which one of our old neighbors has a son playing?

#32 FB who not only rushed for 2400 yards but also paved the way for a couple of Sutkamps, Mike and Jon, to rush for 4963 and 4515 yards respectively. Andy Schreiber....his son Charlie is a freshman QB.

Not sure; wasn't paying that much attention.

From your perspective, not trying to bash but ask a simple question. What do you think it is that Bellevue is doing differently than Dayton? My last year was 2007 and the games were split and the years up to that point back and forth every year. It seems like since then Bellevue has dominated.

Good to hear. As our alma matter it's good to see continued success.

From your perspective, not trying to bash but ask a simple question. What do you think it is that Bellevue is doing differently than Dayton? My last year was 2007 and the games were split and the years up to that point back and forth every year. It seems like since then Bellevue has dominated.

You're not and it's a fair question to ask. IMO, most of the boys just simply don't have the physical and mental toughness that they once had and it seems to have worsened gradually. Numbers have definitely been a contributor, but that's been the case with several other small schools.

I know that many want to blame Coach Montgomery for what's happened, but that's not me. Several other things have contributed behind the scenes that many aren't aware of and in reality, he's very motivational and is behind the players. The way that I look at Coach Montgomery and other coaches whom others want to blame is the old scenario saying that you can lead a horse to water, but can't make them do a back flip.

The other thing is that they just simply don't have the support that they once had, which I believe goes a long way. Support has slowly picked up more recently, but between the way support had been and other things, the boys simply just don't have the fire that they used to. They definitely don't look at this game remotely close to the way it used to be.

You're not and it's a fair question to ask. IMO, most of the boys just simply don't have the physical and mental toughness that they once had and it seems to have worsened gradually. Numbers have definitely been a contributor, but that's been the case with several other small schools.

I know that many want to blame Coach Montgomery for what's happened, but that's not me. Several other things have contributed behind the scenes that many aren't aware of and in reality, he's very motivational and is behind the players. The way that I look at Coach Montgomery and other coaches whom others want to blame is the old scenario saying that you can lead a horse to water, but can't make them do a back flip.

The other thing is that they just simply don't have the support that they once had, which I believe goes a long way. Support has slowly picked up more recently, but between the way support had been and other things, the boys simply just don't have the fire that they used to. They definitely don't look at this game remotely close to the way it used to be.

Thanks for the response. As a fan of the game it stinks to see these lopsided affairs would love to see the games get back to the days of back and forth battles.