Bucs Bengals Pre season Game Updates

Answer me this Bengal Maniac... if after week 4 Dalton has shown he doesn't have the goods to lead this team well and he consistently struggles would you give the nod to work McCarron into the starting lineup.

I'm still in shock they re-signed Dalton to the deal they did.

What don't you like about Dalton's contract? I thought it was a pretty good deal for the Bengals.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton was as well..,

Obviously, but he was at least a second round pick and that was the intent. It hasn't worked and normally doesn't for franchises. McCarron was not drafted with the intent of being the future QB of the Bengals. He was drafted to potentially be a back-up.

No. I am not ok with it. AD will be the same. McCarron was a 5th round draft choice. Very very seldom do QB's drafted that late make it as a front line starter. Brady is an outlier.

Neither do QBs drafted in the 2nd round in a QB class not very deep.

My favorite part of last nights game went like this:

Jon Gruden commenting on the Bengals playoff woes as he says "People need to realize that it's not all Adny Dalton's fault, but the rest of the team hasn't played particularly good in the playoff games either"

Fast forward 2 seconds as Dalton air mails another high pass that is picked off.

Irony? I think not lol

Actually, the scenario described is dead on ironic.

Neither do QBs drafted in the 2nd round in a QB class not very deep.

Many more 2nd and 3rd round picks are starters. Right now, AD, Wiison. Kaepernick, Carr, Geno Smith (injured), Foles, I think, could be more. I'd argue AD is the 2nd best of this group right now. Only Carr do I think will be better in the future, with Wilson better now.

AD is what he is, an average NFL QB. In fact he is probably the gauge for average. Guarantee you 8-10 teams would take him right now. 4-5 probably would.

Many more 2nd and 3rd round picks are starters. Right now, AD, Wiison. Kaepernick, Carr, Geno Smith (injured), Foles, I think, could be more. I'd argue AD is the 2nd best of this group right now. Only Carr do I think will be better in the future, with Wilson better now.

AD is what he is, an average NFL QB. In fact he is probably the gauge for average. Guarantee you 8-10 teams would take him right now. 4-5 probably would.

That's the thing you put Dalton in their situations and do you feel he is the 2nd best still? Put him in oakland from the beginning and he is probably a career backup already. Put him with the Jets and he probably lost his starting job already. You put him with the 49ers and they probably never make the super bowl or nfc championship games like they did with Kaep his first two years playing. Even Kaep who is inconsistent made plays in games when it mattered most. Foles seems to be a better passer but maybe he was a product of the system he was in so we will see on him.

Dalton has won a lot of games and even had put up good numbers against bad to average teams. Mainly because the talent around him was definitely better than the other teams. When they play other talented teams that are good he sucks. A qb is suppose to help raise the level of play of their teammates not go down.

The majority of Dalton years he had had a top 10 defense which helped him win games his first 2 years. His 3rd year he had a top 10 defense and a healthy wr core and was a top 10 offense and then still sucked in the big games. Last year was a lot of injuries but still had the 6th best rushing offense in the league. So Dalton has been surrounded with some top things during his time here. However one thing hasn't changed and that is him playing horrible in big games, prime time games and against good teams.

So yes there is reason to believe the Bengals could at least still beat bad and average teams like they do with Dalton even with another qb because of what would be around them. Which is why I am for trying McCaroon. Could it backfire yes it could. However it could maybe work, which is worth the shot. Since we know how it plays out with Dalton in the end in big games.

That's the thing you put Dalton in their situations and do you feel he is the 2nd best still? Put him in oakland from the beginning and he is probably a career backup already. Put him with the Jets and he probably lost his starting job already. You put him with the 49ers and they probably never make the super bowl or nfc championship games like they did with Kaep his first two years playing. Even Kaep who is inconsistent made plays in games when it mattered most. Foles seems to be a better passer but maybe he was a product of the system he was in so we will see on him.

Dalton has won a lot of games and even had put up good numbers against bad to average teams. Mainly because the talent around him was definitely better than the other teams. When they play other talented teams that are good he sucks. A qb is suppose to help raise the level of play of their teammates not go down.

The majority of Dalton years he had had a top 10 defense which helped him win games his first 2 years. His 3rd year he had a top 10 defense and a healthy wr core and was a top 10 offense and then still sucked in the big games. Last year was a lot of injuries but still had the 6th best rushing offense in the league. So Dalton has been surrounded with some top things during his time here. However one thing hasn't changed and that is him playing horrible in big games, prime time games and against good teams.

So yes there is reason to believe the Bengals could at least still beat bad and average teams like they do with Dalton even with another qb because of what would be around them. Which is why I am for trying McCaroon. Could it backfire yes it could. However it could maybe work, which is worth the shot. Since we know how it plays out with Dalton in the end in big games.

You know we always disagree on AD. The speculation is just not valid. He could have won a Super Bowl with SF. A different culture there the last few years may have worked out differently for him.

If we play McCarron the majority of the year, playoffs are not likely.

You know we always disagree on AD. The speculation is just not valid. He could have won a Super Bowl with SF. A different culture there the last few years may have worked out differently for him.

Why are they unlikely? They were unlikely Daltons rookie year but they made it because of a top 10 defense. Their defense should be better again this year. The weapons on offense are better. Let's not act like McCarron would be coming into a rebuilding team. He would be coming into a team with a good defense and a good running game and weapons to throw to. He would have every chance to have success like Dalton has had. Except we know the end result with Dalton, McCarron we don't know. But I am willing to take that risk now.

Why?

To be fair Dalton looked good tonight too, but McCarron also has obviuosly looked very good. We haven't seen a deep in route thrown like that for a completion since Palmer was here.

If anything we see that mccarron could also at least probably play well against bad to average teams too. Except with McCarron he may be able to at least make plays against good teams. We don't know for sure we do know Dalton has shown be can't over 4 years.

To be fair Dalton looked good tonight too, but McCarron also has obviuosly looked very good. We haven't seen a deep in route thrown like that for a completion since Palmer was here.

If anything we see that mccarron could also at least probably play well against bad to average teams too. Except with McCarron he may be able to at least make plays against good teams. We don't know for sure we do know Dalton has shown be can't over 4 years.

I had problems

with Dalton's decision making in 2 of his passes where he still

dodnt check down and instead threw them into double

coverage. He was lucky none of the defenders looked back or they would have been picks. Dalton still

cant throw downfield. He can only make short passes and then you hold your breath.

I had problems

with Dalton's decision making in 2 of his passes where he still

dodnt check down and instead threw them into double

coverage. He was lucky none of the defenders looked back or they would have been picks. Dalton still

cant throw downfield. He can only make short passes and then you hold your breath.

The one Burkhead caught was a good throw. We see good qbs make those throws all the time. So the throw was a good throw. However that's not a throw he usually can make so I agree on it being a bad decision for him because usually he doesn't make that throw and it sails high for a pick.