Bucs Bengals Pre season Game Updates

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this thread it finally hit me. Why waste 3 hours this fall every Sunday watching these clowns on TV or listening to them on the radio when entertainment enough will be a good 10-15 min read of a game thread on bgp...

:lol2:

Thanks for bringing me to this awareness sooner rather than later gentlemen!!!

:thumb:

There was nothing positive to take away from last nights joke of a game from any starters. The starting offense led by Andy "Sucks" Dalton was horrific. How sad is it that Dalton's best game this pre season was a game he only threw 3 passes in? He is horrible. He hasn't improved from day 1 as a Pro. He still doesn't look off his primary receiver most of the time and he still can't complete anything downfield because his accuracy is as bad as mine would be if I was throwing to a receiver blindfolded 30 yards down the field...well, I take that back, I would probably still be more accurate.

Ok after sleeping it off, reality is back. The Bengals played awful last night in a meaningless game. If they would have been flawless, we would not be crowning them champions, so no reason to panic when they stink, either.

They played basic stuff and just got whipped. They looked like they were trying not to get hurt. They don't check out of base packages much and just go mano to mano, which last night was not good.

The most troubling thing was ball security. Everything else was going through the motions Just can't have that and be a consistent winner.

Two more meaningless games then we will see.

I'm not sure if it is Hue, or Andy, or perhaps I'm completely off-base, but I swear the Bengals only run about 3 route combinations at any point in the game. Maybe I've just watched too much of them, but honestly, they appear to be the least creative and least diverse offense I've ever seen in the NFL. It is like a video game where you only have like 5 offensive plays to choose from -- that honestly appears like their offense to me.

Ok after sleeping it off' date=' reality is back. The Bengals played awful last night in a meaningless game. If they would have been flawless, we would not be crowning them champions, so no reason to panic when they stink, either. They played basic stuff and just got whipped. They looked like they were trying not to get hurt. They don't check out of base packages much and just go mano to mano, which last night was not good. The most troubling thing was ball security. Everything else was going through the motions Just can't have that and be a consistent winner. Two more meaningless games then we will see.[/quote']

Sure it's preseason but how much energy do you think there is in Tampa this morning? It means nothing and they still might suck but the Bengals showed nothing.

I'm not sure if it is Hue, or Andy, or perhaps I'm completely off-base, but I swear the Bengals only run about 3 route combinations at any point in the game. Maybe I've just watched too much of them, but honestly, they appear to be the least creative and least diverse offense I've ever seen in the NFL. It is like a video game where you only have like 5 offensive plays to choose from -- that honestly appears like their offense to me.

You are 100% correct. Just look at AJ's routes. He either runs a 10 yard out/comeback or a Go Route down the sidleine or a 5 yard crossing route. Eifert runs a seam everytime down the middle just trying to find a soft spot in the defense. I hardly see any crossing routes, I hardly see any WR's crossing in the middle to pull the safeties in and in the end it really doesn't matter whn you have a QB who doesn't look off his primary receiver in the first place. It is a very ugly offense period. No one looked good last night. Hill looked horrible running and he and Gio both couldn't hold on to the ball. The O-Line looked horrible, the receivers looked horrible and Dalton looked horrible. It's as if the defense gameplans correctly against this offense then they have no idea how to adjust because they have no adjustments.