Bucs Bengals Pre season Game Updates

Sure it's preseason but how much energy do you think there is in Tampa this morning? It means nothing and they still might suck but the Bengals showed nothing.

I remember a preseason game about 10 years ago against the Pats and the Bengals won 33-0 or something like that. Hoodie kept his starters in until midway 3rd quarter. They were awful.

The Pats win the Super Bowl. Bengals no playoffs.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a preseason game about 10 years ago against the Pats and the Bengals won 33-0 or something like that. Hoodie kept his starters in until midway 3rd quarter. They were awful.

Oh my friend....please don't compare Marvin Lewis and the Bengals to Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

The Bengals also beat the Patriots to start the regular season the first year the Patriots won the Super Bowl. Apparently losing to the Bengals in pre season or early in the year works out well for the Pats.

I'm not sure if it is Hue, or Andy, or perhaps I'm completely off-base, but I swear the Bengals only run about 3 route combinations at any point in the game. Maybe I've just watched too much of them, but honestly, they appear to be the least creative and least diverse offense I've ever seen in the NFL. It is like a video game where you only have like 5 offensive plays to choose from -- that honestly appears like their offense to me.

You are 100% correct. Just look at AJ's routes. He either runs a 10 yard out/comeback or a Go Route down the sidleine or a 5 yard crossing route. Eifert runs a seam everytime down the middle just trying to find a soft spot in the defense. I hardly see any crossing routes, I hardly see any WR's crossing in the middle to pull the safeties in and in the end it really doesn't matter whn you have a QB who doesn't look off his primary receiver in the first place. It is a very ugly offense period. No one looked good last night. Hill looked horrible running and he and Gio both couldn't hold on to the ball. The O-Line looked horrible, the receivers looked horrible and Dalton looked horrible. It's as if the defense gameplans correctly against this offense then they have no idea how to adjust because they have no adjustments.

See I am not sure if it is the offensive play calling or if its Dalton. Now back when Bratkowski was the OC he had some good route combinations early on His problem was, he never adjusted to it once people started taking it away. The thing with that though is his route combinations early on worked though because Palmer went through his reads.

I think part of the reason why it seems like we only run a few routes is because Dalton doesn't go through reads. He does his pre read at the line, and decides who he is throwing the ball to before the snap and sticks with it no matter what and gets rid of it quickly. Now when McCarron was in last night, I saw a few crossing patterns and stuff like that, that he threw to. When it comes to McCarron his arm strength is not great either. However his leadership skills I would say are better, and he probably hopefully would at least go through his reads. I was impressed with him last night, but he did miss a throw down the sideline that he has to make.

My favorite part of last nights game went like this:

Jon Gruden commenting on the Bengals playoff woes as he says "People need to realize that it's not all Adny Dalton's fault, but the rest of the team hasn't played particularly good in the playoff games either"

Fast forward 2 seconds as Dalton air mails another high pass that is picked off.

Irony? I think not lol

HEre is what Marvin said about the offense in his post game comments last night.

"On offense there were some things that we felt good about during the football game, but we have to make plays. "

Does that moron have that same reply on an endless loop? Same stupid garbage said in every press conference by giggles himself.

Guess what Marvin, there was NOTHING done good when it comes to that offense last night.

Serious question Bengals' fans...would you rather have Andy Dalton or Michael Vick starting at QB?

I'd rather have the Bucs 2nd string QB than Dalton. I'd rather have Vick than Dalton even though Vick was horrible at passing but Dalton isn't any better. I'd rather have McCarron, I'd rather have Tanner Morgan.

HEre is what Marvin said about the offense in his post game comments last night. "On offense there were some things that we felt good about during the football game' date=' but we have to make plays. " Does that moron have that same reply on an endless loop? Same stupid garbage said in every press conference by giggles himself. Guess what Marvin, there was NOTHING done good when it comes to that offense last night.[/quote']

PANIC

Dalton by a lot over Vick and McCarron

Answer me this Bengal Maniac... if after week 4 Dalton has shown he doesn't have the goods to lead this team well and he consistently struggles would you give the nod to work McCarron into the starting lineup.

Are you ok with allowing the red bbgun to fade away. The flip side to that ofcourse is he does well enough to continue to start ( let's hold him to at least a 60 passer rating to do so and a 2-2 Bengal record ).

Besides the great looking girlfriend, they drafted McCarron for more than just depth. I'm still in shock they re-signed Dalton to the deal they did. So whether prime time or playoffs Dalton has proven he doesn't perform well.

McCarron deserves an oppty to show he can do better!

Answer me this Bengal Maniac... if after week 4 Dalton has shown he doesn't have the goods to lead this team well and he consistently struggles would you give the nod to work McCarron into the starting lineup.

Are you ok with allowing the red bbgun to fade away. The flip side to that ofcourse is he does well enough to continue to start ( let's hold him to at least a 60 passer rating to do so and a 2-2 Bengal record ).

Besides the great looking girlfriend, they drafted McCarron for more than just depth. I'm still in shock they re-signed Dalton to the deal they did. So whether prime time or playoffs Dalton has proven he doesn't perform well.

McCarron deserves an oppty to show he can do better!

No. I am not ok with it. AD will be the same. McCarron was a 5th round draft choice. Very very seldom do QB's drafted that late make it as a front line starter. Brady is an outlier.