What kind of Phone should I get?

AHSPanther23

I'm at the end of my phone contract and currently have an iPhone 4. I've religiously used an iPhone for about 4 years, but I want know your all's opinions on what new phone should I get. I'm looking at price, reliability, and I'd like something that could get wet and not die. Suggestions?

If you get another iPhone then wait until the next ones come out, should introduced soon, available by mid to late Sept.

That way you could get the presumed iPhone 6S or 6 plus S. Haven't been a lot of rumors yet but this is the off year on the iPhone cycle where the phone doesn't change a lot and is a modest upgrade in camera, processor. Also you could opt to save money and get the current 6 or 6 plus for usually $100 cheaper once the new ones come out.

My next cycle, I'm heading back to Iphone. I've used both extensively, and iphone for work and an android for my personal phone. I've had 3 different droids (currently the HTC One M8), and while I initially like all of them, over time, my experience has grown worse and worse. Mostly, I find a lot of touchscreen issues.....oversensitive/undersensitive which makes texting almost impossible to do at times. I've never had any issues with my iphones or Ipads...they just work. While they aren't as customizable, I don't need to tinker much. And I've found the android problems with three different phone manufacturers...LG, Samsung, and HTC. Maybe it's just me.

Is the rest of your life run on the "i"? What I mean is, if you also have an ipad, or a Mac, or Apple TV, you should probably stick with iphone. Or if the people you most communicate with via text and email are on iphones and ipads, then you should stay with iphone.

If "no" to both questions above, then makes sense to explore other options.

I have never had an iPhone myself. However, both my son and my daughter have had iPhones, and both have switched to Android platform for these last upgrades. I'm not 100% sure of the reasons either did, but since they're both still on my plan, I know that the each chose Android after having iPhones. My daughter does have an iPad, but for some reason, she didn't go the iPhone route this time or the last when upgrading.

I love my Note 3. Wouldn't want anything else to replace it, except for the newest Note.

I've never had an iPhone, so I can't compare, but I have known plenty of people who switched from iPhone to Samsung and are very glad that they did. I don't know of many people who are the other way around.

Wife and kids have Samsung S4 and S5's and love them, no issues and both styles seem to be pretty rugged, but all of them are in Otter Boxes from day one so that helps. Daughter has Ipod Touch which is basically Iphone 4 without regular phone service (but can be used to make some calls) and no major issues except that home button doesn't work all of the time.

Having one charger work for everything is a big plus to android also.

I might look into the Samsungs. I've never had any problems with my iPhone, but the big concern that I always had with it is dropping it and shattering the screen. Not to mention that I've spend a lot of time outdoors, I want something that can deal with some dirt and water. I really don't want to go out and spend $100 bucks on a case if I can help it.

Of all the different smart phone manufacturers I've had phones made by...Samsung is by far the best I've used. I've had Motorla, *Blackberry, LG, another Motorla, another LG, and now I have the Samsung S5. When it comes time to get a new one, for either my personal phone or my work phone, I will get another Samsung option. Right now I have the S5 for both work and home. I may try the Note version available when it's time to upgrade at work next time. Right now though, I'm loving the S5.

*Blackberry is by far the worst smartphone I've ever used. HORRENDOUS!

I'll make it quick and simple for you. Do you want the best phone on the market spec wise? If so go LG G4 or Note 4. If you like your iPhone and the simplicity of it stay iPhone.

There you go, folks. Straight from the expert. :thumb:

I'll make it quick and simple for you. Do you want the best phone on the market spec wise? If so go LG G4 or Note 4. If you like your iPhone and the simplicity of it stay iPhone.

My big thing is I want something that could be taken outdoors or dropped and does damage as easily. I know people who have had iPhones and their screens shattered from a three foot drop.

My big thing is I want something that could be taken outdoors or dropped and does damage as easily. I know people who have had iPhones and their screens shattered from a three foot drop.

I dropped my work S5 from about 3 feet. There's a crack in the screen, but it did not shatter, and the screen still works just fine. Running your finger over it, you can't even feel the crack. I don't have a case for it, so it was a straight up unprotected drop. I've dropped my personal one more times than I can count and it has no cracks at all. There are a few nicks in both phones edges, but they keep on truckin'.

Oh...and they have replaceable batteries. That was super important to me.