How long on Goodell?

What many are missing is that NFL was getting pressure from the other owners to dig in on this issue. It wasn't like Goodell went rogue. Perception of Goodell is not great, but the only perception that matters is that of the owners which he has earned them bookoodles of money in guiding the NFL. And I don't think this is a bountygate issue where everyone is rallying behind the player(s) involved.

I think the decisions by Roger Goodell over the past year have cooked his goose. He has a contract through 2018 so perhaps the league is stuck with him till then. I think there will be momentum to get rid of him at the first opportunity

Not just his decisions over the past year but his decisinos since he took office have been enough that should have had him tossed out. He has never done anything for the game itself except embarrass it with idiotic decsions.

Having games played in London...Not

Moving Pro Bowl out of Hawaii....Not

Moving the Pro Bowl to before the SB so SB players can't play in it....NOT

Every one of his disciplinary decisions from day one have been awful with no consistency from case to case starting with Cris Henry and many othgers....NOT

Wanting to put a team in Europe.....Not

He is just a buffoon.

If anyone should be fired it should be DeMaurice Smith for allowing the Union to agree to such a terrible deal which gives the NFL the power that it has. I have no clue how he skirts around unscathed. I think it just because he has created a culture where shouting back at the Commissioner is deemed cool. I would have 0 faith in that guy.

The only owner who seems upset with him right now is Kraft and I don't know just how much pull one owner is likely to have.

But no bones about it, Goodell hasn't had a great couple of months. Between getting decisions overturned by judges (rightly) and asking Brady to turn over his phone just because he wants it (wrongly), he's been a real piece of work of late.

If anyone should be fired it should be DeMaurice Smith for allowing the Union to agree to such a terrible deal which gives the NFL the power that it has. I have no clue how he skirts around unscathed. I think it just because he has created a culture where shouting back at the Commissioner is deemed cool. I would have 0 faith in that guy.

In my opinion, he clearly went into that last round of negotiations with demands for money and a mandate to give away whatever else he had to in order to increase the players' cut of the revenue. If that's the case, it's proven to be a colossal lapse in judgement on the part of the players.

In my opinion, he clearly went into that last round of negotiations with demands for money and a mandate to give away whatever else he had to in order to increase the players' cut of the revenue. If that's the case, it's proven to be a colossal lapse in judgement on the part of the players.

Very dumb indeed. And he is hired to have the foresight to understand that.

As much as he has increased League revenue, I think the owners would have a hard time letting go of him.

The league's popularity and revenue increased in spite of him, not because of him. I mean, really, how hard is it to sell the most popular spectator sport?

Very dumb indeed. And he is hired to have the foresight to understand that.

He might be, but he can only go into those negotiations acting under the instructions given to him by the player representatives he's standing in place of.

The league's popularity and revenue increased in spite of him, not because of him. I mean, really, how hard is it to sell the most popular spectator sport?

The NFL was popular before him also but from articles talking about him, it sounds like he is doing a better job than those commissioners before him of squeezing ever last dollar out of such popularity by finding new revenue streams and maximizing them. Now I say this going solely on those articles, I have not taken the time to review revenue numbers before he became commish and afterwards.

He might be, but he can only go into those negotiations acting under the instructions given to him by the player representatives he's standing in place of.

Sure, but this was also coming on the heels of Goodell already coming down with his iron fist on players. While he can ultimately only go with what the players want, it is his job to lay out the potential pitfalls. And maybe he did. The owners DOMINATE the players in the NFL seemingly each go around. MLB it is the other way around. Maybe it is time they put their money where their mouth is and hold out next time. I've just never cared for his demeanor and tone once he was named the NFLPA chief. I think he is appealed to these guy's senses and they got duped in to another bad deal.

Anyone else believe that the owners are glad he's taking all of the heat instead of the owners taking it directly.

If he can get a team or two in LA, Goodell may survive for a few more years. As a fan, this clearly isn't the 'golden days' of the NFL.