How long on Goodell?

It goes a lot deeper that Goodell. He represents the collective will of ownership, and ownership enthusiastically supports him. The NFL is simply become so powerful, that it can influence media reporting on its decisions. It faces no competition or taxation as a result of its anti trust exemption. A player could die on the field from pure neglect, and not be held accountable.

The only thing that would get Goodell fired is if people stop watching NFL football.

It goes a lot deeper that Goodell. He represents the collective will of ownership, and ownership enthusiastically supports him. The NFL is simply become so powerful, that it can influence media reporting on its decisions. It faces no competition or taxation as a result of its anti trust exemption. A player could die on the field from pure neglect, and not be held accountable.

The only thing that would get Goodell fired is if people stop watching NFL football.

As a Bengals fan, I might be willing to give it a try.

I think where Goodell might be in trouble is he was always Kraft's boy. Kraft is one of the most powerful owners in the NFL. Does anyone think that relationship is still in the same place? He may very well last till 2018 but I would be shocked if he gets extended at this point. That's 3 years off so a lot can happen between now and then.

I think where Goodell might be in trouble is he was always Kraft's boy. Kraft is one of the most powerful owners in the NFL. Does anyone think that relationship is still in the same place? He may very well last till 2018 but I would be shocked if he gets extended at this point. That's 3 years off so a lot can happen between now and then.

I could see him getting out at the end of his contract. That would be a 12 year run which would be solid.

The Kraft relationship is key; however, Kraft is also a corporate guy. It would not shock me that his handling of the situation - from the time he backed away, through today - was not calculated between he and Goodell.