OJ Mayo in the News????? What a shocker....

You are right, IAmAFan, it is a terrible interview. You would think that a sportswriter for the Cincinnati Enquirer could do a better job and that his story would be worth reading. He can't and it isn't. Of course, I guess we must remember that, with Griffey, Jr. and Carson Palmer hurt, Mayo is the biggest sports story in the "Queen City".

You are right, IAmAFan, it is a terrible interview. You would think that a sportswriter for the Cincinnati Enquirer could do a better job and that his story would be worth reading. He can't and it isn't. Of course, I guess we must remember that, with Griffey, Jr. and Carson Palmer hurt, Mayo is the biggest sports story in the "Queen City".

Whoever did the interview just didn't present it well. I would ask OJ all kinds of questions. I would have been appropriate, but I think a lot of people would appreciate what goes through his head.

I don't like that his coach told him what to do...

THe kid is not one... He's 18 years old... Let him answer what he wants to...

The kid is now 18 yrs. old as you say but he is still in high school, I don't know many high school kids that can make adult decisions regardless if they are 18 or not. Mayo imo has also been very misguided for quite a while now. IMO that is his problem. Just a shame to see such a talent as his being used and abused by adults wanting to live off a high school kids name. This reporter did do a lousy job. My question I guess is does O.J. have anyone; parents, mentor or even close friends around him that he can trust. He is at the age now though that he has to realize that his actions are a direct reflection on him and can effect his future either positive or negative. Even in this interview it seemed that he had several people telling him what to say or not to say and was very confused and didn't know what to say.

I wanted to add some more thoughts about this latest Mayo thread. As I said in my earlier post in post #5 I belive that he needs to get away from the people that he is now involved with (ALL of them). I think that O.J. might want to seek counseling on the very important decisions that he will soon have to make. IMO O.J. just needs to back off of the circus that has surrounded him and seek new friends of HIS choice and not the "leeches" and just be himself. Overall I belive that O.J. is a basically a good kid that has made some bad decisions and had bad ones made for him and that things will work out in the end for him at least I hope so :thumb: . Another thought would be that he is reportedly close to Lebron James, i think that reports were that James had some problems around this age. If O.J. is close to Lebron then maybe he could mentor him and help steer him in the right direction. The only problem that Lebron James has right now is " The Prince of Kentucky" who is now in Detroit handing his back to him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe OJ just likes to hear his name in the media.

For an 18yo to enjoy being the center of attention is a fairly normal developmental phase,

it's all the adults consumed with OJ's life & behave like "MayoManiacs" that are the ones behaving abnormally IMO.;)

Woody Jr

Yeah, it was a dumb article, the editor should never have let it run IMO. It was as if the interviewer was just a casual observer and didn't know enough about the whole environment & history to be able to ask pertinant questions. And why there was a coach, adult, or lawyer there to oversee answers seemed odd - I didn't think there's any legal issue hanging over him.

This is a case where maybe HS/NCAA rules are a deterent to a student being able to hire someone (qualified that is) to watch out for his interests - since many of us have criticized OJ's current and/or past "advisors" :confused:

Exactly the action you'd expect from a "poor kid that was used by the school"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In contrast, the NCH AD had this to say in Sports Illustrated this week...

"We're set financially for the next TEN years because OJ and Bill came to our school. No matter what happens, nobody can take that away."

In contrast, the NCH AD had this to say in Sports Illustrated this week...

"We're set financially for the next TEN years because OJ and Bill came to our school. No matter what happens, nobody can take that away."

If this is an accurate quote in SI, than another perfect example of adults putting money first and the student-athletes best interest....near the bottom.

Mayo and Walker would have mad ANY team a national contender, brought in enormous fan support, school needed revenue but my question is this....who has served their own interest better, the players, school officials or call it a draw.

This is not the last chapter in this book, probably about middle way through....:sssh: