All A Debate: 3 Schools Won't Participate Because They Say Private Schools Recruit

price499

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem really is society. I'm sure every school wants to be better. But with some of the students that have to be taught, it can be really hard to get better.

Exactly... Maybe some of these publics that you are criticizing are doing the best they can with what they have to work with... Maybe they're pretty good 'academically, socially, and emotionally.' But they have what they have.

If these public became better academically, socially, and emotionally then the athletic part would follow. Then families wouldn't see the need to send their kids to private schools. You best believe that if Highlands and Beechwood were some how absorbed into their county school districts (I know this would never happen) there would be a much higher rate of kids from Fort Thomas and Fort Mitchell attending private school. Many parents don't see the need to send their kids to private schools if there are really good public schools around. But sadly, for many, that just isn't the case.

Your assertion doesn't jibe in this scenario because parents of the 3 public schools mentioned are not sending their kids to private schools if for no other reason there are none close by. You seem to be saying kids from those areas wouldn't go to a private school if X, Y and Z were better at those 3 publics. Well kids in those 3 counties pretty much don't have a choice, they go to the county school where they live. They aren't losing students to the private school mentioned or any private school.

Well considering you don't know him, I'd say you're opinion is without merit

I think it's fair to say that without proof, the gentleman's opinion is without merit as well. Good people still can have opinions that are without merit.

Exactly... Maybe some of these publics that you are criticizing are doing the best they can with what they have to work with... Maybe they're pretty good 'academically, socially, and emotionally.' But they have what they have.

It may not be the fault of the schools as you say , they are doing the best they can with what they have. . But as a parent you want to do what is best for your child.

It may not be the fault of the schools as you say , they are doing the best they can with what they have. . But as a parent you want to do what is best for your child.

I can certainly understand that, but the original insinuation made by @KYgentleman25 was that it was somehow something the schools were doing wrong... If these public became better academically, socially, and emotionally...Well the publics are doing everything they can in a lot of cases.

I think it is naive to think that tuition has not or does not get reduced for some because they are talented athletically.

Couldn't have said it any better. But remember, its all about education, not athletics. :sssh:

And I think is absurd to believe that if there was rampant cheating taking place that it wouldn't have come out by now. As I said in an earlier post in this thread in the 30+ years i've been following high school sports the accusations and assumptions really haven't changed.

• 3 months later...
The all A is a joke in Western Ky and no one will miss the schools that are not playing in it. They can schedule a home game and make up the lost money. In the first region it is not that bad but it would not be missed if it went away.

1st Region All A is a big deal. Go to the semifinals and finals and see the crowd at the basketball tournament. Same could be said for the softball and baseball.