Former NKU Coach Bezold claims NKU owes him money

]I'm pretty sure you said your classes were a joke and easy.[/b] No need to back track on it now. I know a bunch of people who graduated from UK and my NKU diploma holds up really well against their diploma' date=' actually better in most cases. Of course NKU doesn't have the campus life of a University twice it's size but it is and probably always will be a commuter university. If you would have done your due diligence you'd have known that before your dissappointing experience.[/quote']

In my defense, well,... they were.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't trying to bash NKU, just saying I didn't really enjoy my time there and get accused of lying about it.

Should have just kept to myself, as one of the two cardinal rules of BGP are: 1.) you can't say anything negative about a UK player, and 2.) you can't say anything negative about the Northern Kentucky area.

Right....As someone who spent a year there, I'd beg to differ. No offense to anyone who went there, but as someone who wasn't from NKU, the classes were a joke, on average, the professors were clueless save for the few who were with P&G and moonlighting by teaching accounting, the campus is nicknamed "Concrete Hell", and absolutely nothing fun goes on socially, either on campus or in the vicinity.

If that's not bashing NKU, I'd hate to see what you consider bashing.

And to clarify, I never said you were lying, just that you were wrong. There's a difference.

2:30 am now, as well as all alcohol sales lasting until then. I can only speak to each while I was there, and the sports scene was a big part of Lexington for me (as it'd probably be for most of us who talk sports on BGP).

Wasn't trying to bash NKU, just saying I didn't really enjoy my time there and get accused of lying about it.

Should have just kept to myself, as one of the two cardinal rules of BGP are: 1.) you can't say anything negative about a UK player, and 2.) you can't say anything negative about the Northern Kentucky area.

One person really bashed you, the others simply disagreed. No big deal.

Here's bashing:

NKU is a joke compared to UK and U of L. It's a joke people are so butt-hurt and defending it, but that tells you something in and of itself about the inferiority complex.

When I told people I was going there they'd laugh and say, "No Knowledge University".

I had over a 3.7 going to class as few times as possible because campus life was so great.

The "Skyline" bar that the school is known for is so fun, it probably holds all of 300 people at capacity.

No football. Just getting Division 1 basketball, and that's a big deal.

And yes, the 100 level classes at UK were just as tough, if not tougher than my Master's level classes at NKU, and I'll stand by that. If nothing else, they were probably tougher because my grades at NKU were definitely better.

Hope I didn't leave anything out, and definitely didn't mean to insult the ~25% (or whatever # that I don't care to look up) of the student population there who actually lives on campus and treat it like a college experience.

I haven't seen one person try to claim the school is on par with UK or UofL.

It's not the joke you make it out to be either.

I'm not at all shocked that you didn't like it. I'm actually rather shocked someone such as yourself would even consider attending a school that is so clearly beneath your status.

Apropos of nothing but funny to me (because my wife is an NKU grad and several of my closest friends are likewise, including Walt Kelsey (officially Mike) who is one of their all-timers): when "Snapped" did a special on the Amy Bosley story they referred to NKU as the "local community college"...I rib those folks about that all of the time. It is obviously FAR from true, but it was such a demeaning and inaccurate comment, I remind them of it whenever possible. Kelsey was livid about it and tweeted them to correct it. I LOVE that passion for his alma mater.

Bezold couldn't get it done and now he wants to blame the university. He was never going to last at NKU, he was isn't a very good coach.

I don't see where he is blaming the University for any success or failure. The guy just wants the money he feels they owe him. If NKU owes him money, then they should pay him. It has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It's about doing what's right. And if they do owe him money, then shame on NKU. If it's found they don't owe him money, then you can say it's sour grapes.

I don't see where he is blaming the University for any success or failure. The guy just wants the money he feels they owe him. If NKU owes him money, then they should pay him. It has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It's about doing what's right. And if they do owe him money, then shame on NKU. If it's found they don't owe him money, then you can say it's sour grapes.

Based on the reputation of the NKU leadership team and the reputation of Bezold, my guess is its "shame on NKU"...

Apropos of nothing but funny to me (because my wife is an NKU grad and several of my closest friends are likewise, including Walt Kelsey (officially Mike) who is one of their all-timers): when "Snapped" did a special on the Amy Bosley story they referred to NKU as the "local community college"...I rib those folks about that all of the time. It is obviously FAR from true, but it was such a demeaning and inaccurate comment, I remind them of it whenever possible. Kelsey was livid about it and tweeted them to correct it. I LOVE that passion for his alma mater.

He sure could shoot the basketball.

Based on the reputation of the NKU leadership team and the reputation of Bezold, my guess is its "shame on NKU"...

Not going to be the first time and probably won't be the last time that NKU was sued for similar reasons. Just hasn't been someone with a higher profile like Bezold had.