Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former NKU Coach Bezold claims NKU owes him money

Featured Replies

Obviously, this will bring up more of the details prceeding his firing. Was his firing a smoke screen because he was going to resign than retire from the position? Resigning from a flowering program doesn't look good especially when the administration knows it could tarnish the candidate search. Alot more here than meets the eye, imo. Did Bez accept the firing because he knew what the possible ramifications were? If so, classy move on his part for the betterment of the program and shame on them for holding back payment.

 

If it goes to trial I am sure we will learn a lot.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like Bezold was under the same sort of "contract/agreement" that BCG was at UK.

It sounds like Bezold was under the same sort of "contract/agreement" that BCG was at UK.

Which was what? In this day and age, who would work in a job like that without a contract?

Which was what? In this day and age, who would work in a job like that without a contract?

 

Ask the UK fans. They should remember how all that thing worked with Gillispie. I believe they called it an "agreement in principle" or something to that effect.

The most interesting part is money tied to the basketball camps with held by former AD Scott Eaton. This going to court could uncover even more corruption from Eaton.

I still say Eaton was creative with the attendance at 9th region tourneys. But anyway if the camps were profitable and Bezold did not get paid that should be easy to prove.

 

NKU just loves digging in a financial hole deeper and deeper because of athletics. Whatever money they saved by jumping to Horizon League probably will be ate up by hiring new coaching staff and this lawsuit.

As an NKU Alum the school hasn't given me much to be proud of as of late.

Ask the UK fans. They should remember how all that thing worked with Gillispie. I believe they called it an "agreement in principle" or something to that effect.

 

"Memorandum of understanding", as I recall.

Agreed. And by all accounts despite some of the craziness that has seemed to come from there I've heard that it is an excellent place to attend college. We all have our flaws I guess.

 

As someone who spent a year there, I'd beg to differ. No offense to anyone who went there, but as someone who wasn't from NKU, the classes were a joke, on average, the professors were clueless save for the few who were with P&G and moonlighting by teaching accounting, the campus is nicknamed "Concrete Hell", and absolutely nothing fun goes on socially, either on campus or in the vicinity. If you want to go to a commuter school where most everyone else is perfectly fine with still hanging out with the people they knew in high school and there aren't traditional things like football games or on-campus events that make other schools fun, then yea, it's awesome.

 

The only redeeming qualities I saw in it was that it was fairly cheap, the classes were incredibly easy, and because so many people commute and all of that, the gym is never crowded, so you have something to do to pass the time while you are stuck there during the week. Oh yea, and there's tunnels underground that connect some of the buildings, so you don't have to go outside when it's cold.

 

Know I'll probably get bashed for this and that some people love NKU. To that, I'd say, to each his own, but obviously just wasn't for me.

Quick take after reading the article:

 

Working without a contract makes part one of the complaint tough, but a letter similar to what BCG had at UK would suffice. Also, was he working under a year-to-year contract with the expectation of receiving a long-term deal?

 

On the vacation and sick days, NKU dropped the ball on this. When you fire a employee who's been there as long as Bezold was, you know part of the deal is you pay the untaken vacation and sick time. Bad oversight (at best) on NKU's part.

 

On camp pay, again without a contract, that's a slippery one. Assistants at NKU rely heavily on camp money to supplement their salary. Bezold obviously also gets a cut. Did he receive some money, but not what he believed he was owed. Did he receive no money, and if so for how many years? Did his assistants get the money they were scheduled to for camps?

 

Lots of questions, and this could turn into another big black eye for NKU. I'm guessing a settlement is reached sooner rather than later, but you never know.

 

NKU needs to stop finding its way into the news for financial issues rather quickly.

I realize that when a coach gets fired ( IMO unfairly) often times bad blood starts to boil. With that being said, Dave Bezold is a class act and always has been. When he has to sue you, I'd bet my last dollar that you have totally screwed up. For all coaches heading into NKU, good luck, you have an up hill battle with the DI transition, and now a tougher league in DI, and a president who has no idea what he is doing. I don't know when his contract is up, but it won't be renewed, and then the new president is going to want his new AD, instead of the puppet on a string in that position now.

Enough talk about the arena, the metropolitan area, etc. NKU saw DI money and wanted a piece of it, and that has led to trying to compete with half the budget they really need, charges against a former AD, and a coach who was loyal to that place for 25 years suing them.

This may well be the worst athletic department in college sports.

It's easy to bash NKU on social media, but do we really have all the facts? NO. Can you blame NKU for what Scott Eaton did, I think not it can happen anywhere and it does. Does NKU owe Bezold money, maybe but there are ex-employees in almost every company that sue for one reason or another. If NKU owes Dave money then it will get worked out and it's none of our business.

Ok so Bezold never signed a contract? I'm shocked by that. My opinion is Bezold failed to produce a winning team and wasn't good at recruiting. NKU shouldn't owe him a thing.

It's easy to bash NKU on social media, but do we really have all the facts? NO. Can you blame NKU for what Scott Eaton did, I think not it can happen anywhere and it does. Does NKU owe Bezold money, maybe but there are ex-employees in almost every company that sue for one reason or another. If NKU owes Dave money then it will get worked out and it's none of our business.

 

I can blame NKU for Eaton because anyone who new the program new he wasn't qualified of fit to be AD. Even if he didn't steal he should of never been AD.

As someone who spent a year there, I'd beg to differ. No offense to anyone who went there, but as someone who wasn't from NKU, the classes were a joke, on average, the professors were clueless save for the few who were with P&G and moonlighting by teaching accounting, the campus is nicknamed "Concrete Hell", and absolutely nothing fun goes on socially, either on campus or in the vicinity. If you want to go to a commuter school where most everyone else is perfectly fine with still hanging out with the people they knew in high school and there aren't traditional things like football games or on-campus events that make other schools fun, then yea, it's awesome.

 

The only redeeming qualities I saw in it was that it was fairly cheap, the classes were incredibly easy, and because so many people commute and all of that, the gym is never crowded, so you have something to do to pass the time while you are stuck there during the week. Oh yea, and there's tunnels underground that connect some of the buildings, so you don't have to go outside when it's cold.

 

Know I'll probably get bashed for this and that some people love NKU. To that, I'd say, to each his own, but obviously just wasn't for me.

 

Won't bash but I completely disagree. I loved my experience at NKU. I personally think you're wrong on many accounts, including the gym never being crowded haha! And I very much enjoyed the socializing that took place at NKU.

 

Did you make an attempt to get involved in anything?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.