Former NKU Coach Bezold claims NKU owes him money

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't bash but I completely disagree. I loved my experience at NKU. I personally think you're wrong on many accounts, including the gym never being crowded haha! And I very much enjoyed the socializing that took place at NKU.

Did you make an attempt to get involved in anything?

Yes, plenty. I was in one of the campus student political organizations, but was told to leave by the President for being a "pretender"... his reasoning was that I refused to miss my master's level classes to go door-to-door campaigning with them two weeks in a row.

Kind of glad to have not been in College Republicans there though, as it was the year they famously misspelled 'Republicans' or something really simple like that on their big banner on campus.

After that I worked with a media organization on campus, and the people were really nice, some friends in it and all that, but they really didn't do much chilling outside of work and were never really around campus on weekends.

I think it's way different going to NKU when you didn't grow up in the NKY area than going there if you did.

Daylight and dark from my experiences at UK and during law school down here.

I loved it so much I would literally wait until Monday or Tuesday evening to drive up and leave at lunch on Thursday or Friday by the end of my time there. Still made Dean's List with being there as little as possible by the second half of the second semester. When I was there, I'd be in the gym literally 3 or 4 hours a day playing basketball or running upstairs on the small track. I know it wasn't necessarily a ghost town or anything, but not really like waiting 2-3 games back at the Johnson Center when you go in the evening at UK.

Edited by JokersWild24

As someone who spent a year there, I'd beg to differ. No offense to anyone who went there, but as someone who wasn't from NKU, the classes were a joke, on average, the professors were clueless save for the few who were with P&G and moonlighting by teaching accounting, the campus is nicknamed "Concrete Hell", and absolutely nothing fun goes on socially, either on campus or in the vicinity. If you want to go to a commuter school where most everyone else is perfectly fine with still hanging out with the people they knew in high school and there aren't traditional things like football games or on-campus events that make other schools fun, then yea, it's awesome.

The only redeeming qualities I saw in it was that it was fairly cheap, the classes were incredibly easy, and because so many people commute and all of that, the gym is never crowded, so you have something to do to pass the time while you are stuck there during the week. Oh yea, and there's tunnels underground that connect some of the buildings, so you don't have to go outside when it's cold.

Know I'll probably get bashed for this and that some people love NKU. To that, I'd say, to each his own, but obviously just wasn't for me.

Would it crush you to know that I had a great experience at NKU? And would it further crush you to know that you missed out on Skyline (not the chili)?

Would it crush you to know that I had a great experience at NKU? And would it further crush you to know that you missed out on Skyline (not the chili)?

I've thoroughly enjoyed many beers in that establishments. Still slide up there every once in a while randomly.

Yes, plenty. I was in one of the campus student political organizations, but was told to leave by the President for being a "pretender"... his reasoning was that I refused to miss my master's level classes to go door-to-door campaigning with them two weeks in a row.

Kind of glad to have not been in College Republicans there though, as it was the year they famously misspelled 'Republicans' or something really simple like that on their big banner on campus.

After that I worked with a media organization on campus, and the people were really nice, some friends in it and all that, but they really didn't do much chilling outside of work and were never really around campus on weekends.

I think it's way different going to NKU when you didn't grow up in the NKY area than going there if you did.

Daylight and dark from my experiences at UK and during law school down here.

I loved it so much I would literally wait until Monday or Tuesday evening to drive up and leave at lunch on Thursday or Friday by the end of my time there. Still made Dean's List with being there as little as possible by the second half of the second semester. When I was there, I'd be in the gym literally 3 or 4 hours a day playing basketball or running upstairs on the small track. I know it wasn't necessarily a ghost town or anything, but not really like waiting 2-3 games back at the Johnson Center when you go in the evening at UK.

I used to have a blast at NKU and around there and I didn't even go to NKU. :D

Ok so Bezold never signed a contract? I'm shocked by that. My opinion is Bezold failed to produce a winning team and wasn't good at recruiting. NKU shouldn't owe him a thing.

Except he did finish his career at NKU with a winning record and 4 trips to the D2 tourney. No they haven't won since the move to D1, but without being eligible to play in the NCAA tourney and playing in a terrible conference, I don't know that anyone could have done much better in that situation. Absolutely impossible to recruit talented D1 guys in that situation. I know you're bent out of shape about NKU not having any NKY kids on the team, but sorry, it is what it is. If the new guy wants to win, he better not spend much time recruiting in NKY either.

As someone who spent a year there, I'd beg to differ. No offense to anyone who went there, but as someone who wasn't from NKU, the classes were a joke, on average, the professors were clueless save for the few who were with P&G and moonlighting by teaching accounting, the campus is nicknamed "Concrete Hell", and absolutely nothing fun goes on socially, either on campus or in the vicinity. If you want to go to a commuter school where most everyone else is perfectly fine with still hanging out with the people they knew in high school and there aren't traditional things like football games or on-campus events that make other schools fun, then yea, it's awesome.

The only redeeming qualities I saw in it was that it was fairly cheap, the classes were incredibly easy, and because so many people commute and all of that, the gym is never crowded, so you have something to do to pass the time while you are stuck there during the week. Oh yea, and there's tunnels underground that connect some of the buildings, so you don't have to go outside when it's cold.

Know I'll probably get bashed for this and that some people love NKU. To that, I'd say, to each his own, but obviously just wasn't for me.

Wow, I don't think a thing you posted is factually accurate, but hey, that's never stopped you before has it? :lol2: Never change Joker, never change. :thumb:

Wow, I don't think a thing you posted is factually accurate, but hey, that's never stopped you before has it? :lol2: Never change Joker, never change. :thumb:

Sorry, I guess I should have said NKU was just as fun as UK, has all the social life of it, and is an even better school. Sorry for my honest assessment of a commuter school.

Sorry, I guess I should have said NKU was just as fun as UK, has all the social life of it, and is an even better school. Sorry for my honest assessment of a commuter school.

Outside of frat houses a decade ago Lexington was a much more boring town outside of College sports than going to school in Greater Cincy. The bars down there either still do or used to close at 1am or earlier. Night life is pretty bad in Lexington.

I always enjoyed weekends in NKY much more than Lexington. Now Louisville that is a different story.

Outside of frat houses a decade ago Lexington was a much more boring town outside of College sports than going to school in Greater Cincy. The bars down there either still do or used to close at 1am or earlier. Night life is pretty bad in Lexington.

I always enjoyed weekends in NKY much more than Lexington. Now Louisville that is a different story.

2:30 am now, as well as all alcohol sales lasting until then. I can only speak to each while I was there, and the sports scene was a big part of Lexington for me (as it'd probably be for most of us who talk sports on BGP).

Wasn't trying to bash NKU, just saying I didn't really enjoy my time there and get accused of lying about it.

Should have just kept to myself, as one of the two cardinal rules of BGP are: 1.) you can't say anything negative about a UK player, and 2.) you can't say anything negative about the Northern Kentucky area.

2:30 am now, as well as all alcohol sales lasting until then. I can only speak to each while I was there, and the sports scene was a big part of Lexington for me (as it'd probably be for most of us who talk sports on BGP).

Wasn't trying to bash NKU, just saying I didn't really enjoy my time there and get accused of lying about it.

Should have just kept to myself, as one of the two cardinal rules of BGP are: 1.) you can't say anything negative about a UK player, and 2.) you can't say anything negative about the Northern Kentucky area.

I'm pretty sure you said your classes were a joke and easy. No need to back track on it now. I know a bunch of people who graduated from UK and my NKU diploma holds up really well against their diploma, actually better in most cases. Of course NKU doesn't have the campus life of a University twice it's size but it is and probably always will be a commuter university. If you would have done your due diligence you'd have known that before your dissappointing experience.