Pulaski County Football Field

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cancelled for both fields as of right now...Southwestern folks staying pretty quiet for now.

Two fields is a chunk of change to pay out at once.

I've been told this money is from the building fund and can't be used for books or payroll. I've also been told this was to come out of the general fund, which is another deal altogether with system facing budget issues to the point of losing a few teachers the last couple of years.

To be sure there is A LOT of crying going on right now...at Pulaski.

Talked to someone today that said the push back from the board may have been a reluctance by some to allow soccer to use the fields also... Could be a Title IX issue.

That shouldn't be an issue. All the BOE has to say is that it is a multi-purpose field for everyone's use. Boy's and girl's soccer, softball, middle school soccer/football and little league football all use the turf field at Boyle County.

That shouldn't be an issue. All the BOE has to say is that it is a multi-purpose field for everyone's use. Boy's and girl's soccer, softball, middle school soccer/football and little league football all use the turf field at Boyle County.

Thats not how things work in Pulaski Co.

Thats not how things work in Pulaski Co.

If it's true that they only want the field for football use then I don't feel sorry for them anymore. Those fields cost too much money for only one team to be able to use it. I'd be shocked and disappointed if this is the mentality at Pulaski County and the reason for the NO vote.

Trying to find out what the issue really is, but so far everyone is being pretty mum.

FWIW I've seen administrators promise the moon and stars (talking to you Somerset Independent Schools) in the past and then the board not approve the money for it. I don't believe any upgrade is ever going to happen until I see a shovel go in the ground and a third party on scene to do the work.

Trying to find out what the issue really is, but so far everyone is being pretty mum.

FWIW I've seen administrators promise the moon and stars (talking to you Somerset Independent Schools) in the past and then the board not approve the money for it. I don't believe any upgrade is ever going to happen until I see a shovel go in the ground and a third party on scene to do the work.

Exactly. I know you remember well the incident with the lights 6 years ago at Somerset. They have just now got the new lights ready to install and we were told that they'd be fixed by the next year.

Its a darn shame too. I think Pulaski has a great stadium, just needs a better playing surface. Southwesterns isnt bad either. Turf would help both these schools and their feeder schools.

Around $2 million to do two fields...that's a lot of jack to throw out if things are even a little tight.

That seems astronomically high in comparison to what other schools have been able to do their turf for?

Isn't the standard going rate around 150K-200K for a turf renovation?

Pulaski trying to subcontract this to the Union or something?

That seems astronomically high in comparison to what other schools have been able to do their turf for?

Isn't the standard going rate around 150K-200K for a turf renovation?

Pulaski trying to subcontract this to the Union or something?

I don't know what the exact number is, just basing it off of estimates I saw a few years ago for one field. $150K for renovation? Not sure what that is, but tearing out old grass and preparing field and drainage and then installing new turf is quite a bit more than that...I was a little high with initial estimate it seems...Field Turf is around $750K installed depending on logos and end zone design...so it's around $1.5M for two fields