Patriots Punishments

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So per the NFL sexual assault is the same level as deflating footballs.

You aren't comparing similar offenses. This is on field cheating affecting integrity of play.

Is getting busted for cocaine or domestic abuse better than gambling ? No but based on the on field affect on the game baseball punished Pete Rose harder than they did people with those other offenses.

Look for a vigorous legal challenge from Brady. The Wells report is weak and the NFL has had similar incidents with much less hooray! If there is one guy that has the resources to stand up to the NFL, its Brady.

The Union will fight this not Brady. They would do the same for any player.

I always thought Goodell was an idiot after his handling of everything last year. Now I know he is an idiot. As Mo Egger said this afternoon, the appropriate punishment for this "crime" should have been suspension for the first quarter of the first pre-season game.

The Vikings-Panthers got caught heating the footballs last year and got a $25k fine. Aaron Rodgers has admitted to over-inflating the footballs and gets nothing. The Patriots get a million dollar fine, lose a first round pick next year and another pick in 2017 and Brady gets four games (hopefully reduced). Absolutely insane punishment...

I always thought Goodell was an idiot after his handling of everything last year. Now I know he is an idiot. As Mo Egger said this afternoon, the appropriate punishment for this "crime" should have been suspension for the first quarter of the first pre-season game.

The Vikings-Panthers got caught heating the footballs last year and got a $25k fine. Aaron Rodgers has admitted to over-inflating the footballs and gets nothing. The Patriots get a million dollar fine, lose a first round pick next year and another pick in 2017 and Brady gets four games (hopefully reduced). Absolutely insane punishment...

NFL was very clear in their release why they gave a stiff punishment.

They took into account past Patriot fractions. They also said the Patriots and Brady weren't forthcoming with all the information and requests for interviews that were requested.

Love it or Hate it the NFL sent a message you cooperate during investigations or get punished. Also after reading the report it's obvious it happened. Robert Kraft and the rest of Patriots called the NFL out a few months ago. Call out your boss and see what happens to you at work.

I really think the NFL is going to regret dragging the NFLPA into this. Not something you want to do because it is a no-win for the NFL. If the 4 games (and other sanctions) stick thru various legal battles then the bad pub and distractions from the real football topics make the NFL the loser. If the 4 games do not stick then the NFL has opened the door for various appeals for any suspensions. This is going to get very ugly.

The loss of a first ruins pick sure didn't slow them down the last time and neither did the money fine.

Siting their playmaker will matter the first four games.

Would have liked to see an 8 game suspension.