Brewers @ Reds series (4/27 - 4/29/15)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night Marty said that it is likely that Bailey is done for the year. I would let Cingranni have a go at it, learn and improve for next season. Just an opinion. Lets see how Lorenzen goes today. Losing Bailey will be tough to overcome, especially if they trade Cueto, then you have 4 guys that are #5 's having to picth on a consistent basis, and the way we struggle at the dish sometimes, it could get ugly.

Bought a couple from vendor. May have been you? Do you know Sherman the usher?

Might have been, my name is Parker but I'm sure you don't remember the vendors name. If it was me, thank you, and if it wasn't, I thank you anyway for buying from the vendors!

If I saw his face, I'm sure I do. I don't know most of their names but typically say hello to them.

Last night Marty said that it is likely that Bailey is done for the year. I would let Cingranni have a go at it, learn and improve for next season. Just an opinion. Lets see how Lorenzen goes today. Losing Bailey will be tough to overcome, especially if they trade Cueto, then you have 4 guys that are #5 's having to picth on a consistent basis, and the way we struggle at the dish sometimes, it could get ugly.

I agree. I would like Lorenzen and Cingrani both in the rotation. Get rid of Marquis (no future) and trade Cueto for some bats. Let's see what these kids can do for next year.

Cingranni looked pretty good against the Cubs the other night. Cingranni was a starter in the rotation last year until he was injured, I would think he gets another shot. He only started a handful of games last season, the year before he was fine. He is a lefty, he would be the only lefty starter in the rotation. If Parra is on the DL I would think they keep him in the pen though. Bailey is done for the year, the 60 day DL is trying to rehab him, like some other teams have done. Yankees with Tanaka for example. Surgery he would be ready for next season, if this 60 day thing doenst work then you lose him half the year next year also. I don't like this decision at all. Should of singed Cueto and let Bailey walk, another Walt decision that will bite us in the long run

Cingranni looked pretty good against the Cubs the other night. Cingranni was a starter in the rotation last year until he was injured, I would think he gets another shot. He only started a handful of games last season, the year before he was fine. He is a lefty, he would be the only lefty starter in the rotation. If Parra is on the DL I would think they keep him in the pen though. Bailey is done for the year, the 60 day DL is trying to rehab him, like some other teams have done. Yankees with Tanaka for example. Surgery he would be ready for next season, if this 60 day thing doenst work then you lose him half the year next year also. I don't like this decision at all. Should of singed Cueto and let Bailey walk, another Walt decision that will bite us in the long run

The 60 Day DL has nothing to do with whether they are trying to rehab him or if he undergoes surgery. He's part of their 40 man roster. You don't just get to drop him from that roster if he is done from the year. If you put him on the 15 Day DL you can only replace him with someone on your 40 man roster. If you put him on the 60 Day DL he goes off the roster until activated and you can add a player to your 40 man roster. There is no Season DL.

I understand the 60 day DL, I know they are hoping that rehab and rest will improve and he can pitch this season, Phillies are doing the same thing with Cliff Lee. The 60 Day allows players to be brought up. I found this article about Cingranni, I just think at 25/26 years old you have let him pitch, he has loads of upside, its obvious we can expirement with him,

For his career, mostly as a starter, Cingrani’s four-seam fastball has missed the bats of 23.8 percent of the batters who swung at it. That’s the fifth-highest whiff rate for any pitcher who has thrown at least 1,000 pitches since PITCHf/x started tracking pitches in 2008. To give up on the starting career of a pitcher with that kind of potential for dominance before he’s 30, let alone 26, is to trade in half the possible reward within that arm for a 10 percent reduction in risk. He might lack a useful second or third pitch right now, but if given time to fail and adjust and work on things while the team turns it around, he could well find a cutter or a splitter or who-the-Hell-knows-what in a year or two, and if that happens, the ceiling on pitchers with his fastball profile has naked people painted on it.

Hamilton CF

Cozart SS

Frazier 3B

Bruce RF

Phillips 2B

Byrd LF

Negron 1B

Barnhart C

Lorenzen P

17 days and counting....

That's looks like an ugly lineup with Votto out. I think I read there hasn't been extra base hit out of the 4 hole all year. Ouch. With Parra going on DL, are they bringing up another pitcher?

I found that article at on Fox Sports about Cingranni. For Brian Price to have been our pitching coach he sure acts like he doesnt know pitching anymore. Cingranni won games at the major league level as a rookie, let him learn his way through this miserable season that we are going to have. Yes he struggled last season but was also hurt most of the season.

I found that article at on Fox Sports about Cingranni. For Brian Price to have been our pitching coach he sure acts like he doesnt know pitching anymore. Cingranni won games at the major league level as a rookie, let him learn his way through this miserable season that we are going to have. Yes he struggled last season but was also hurt most of the season.

Maybe if we had a strong bullpen that could come in when he has thrown a high pitch count by the fifth inning, but our bullpen blows. Starting Cingranni just means more innings where we all get to watch Badenhopp, Gregg, and etc. Not something I'm thrilled about doing.