Brewers @ Reds series (4/27 - 4/29/15)

Did I hear right that Bruce had three walks last night? I know he had the HR. Be nice if somehow he was seeing the ball better.

He had 3 walks, the HR, and a SF, Frazier had 3 walks and a HBP, and Pena was on base 4 times I believe.

Only guy to bat that didn't reach base was Votto. Go figure. :lol2:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had 3 walks, the HR, and a SF, Frazier had 3 walks and a HBP, and Pena was on base 4 times I believe.

Only guy to bat that didn't reach base was Votto. Go figure. :lol2:

I was watching the play when Pena legged out a double. Guy would have been out by a mile haha but the man covering the base dropped the ball. Can blame the big fella for trying to pick up a two bagger, doesn't happen often for him and thankfully it was like 7-1 at the time.

On the replacement for Homer:

Cingrani - Supposedly his lack of appearances was because he is the long man in the bullpen. That being the case, I could see him getting the start.

Lorenzen - Not being on the 40 man roster is a problem that will likely keep hi8m from getting the start unless they decide Homer is done for the year and move him to the 60 day DL. I believe if a player goes to the 60 day DL, it opens a spot on your 40 man roster.

Iglesias - I agree with the posters above that this is most likely the Thursday starter. I don't see throwing on short rest after a 70 pitch outing on Sunday as preventing him from starting. In fact, why did he only throw 70 pitches? Is it possible the Reds purposely limited him to 70 pitches in that outing so he would be available for Thursday if needed?

There are really 4 options right now IMO

Dylan Axelrod (not on 40 man): 1-1, 2.89 ERA, .212 OBA, 0.96 WHIP

Michael Lorenzen (not on 40 man): 2-1, 2.84 ERA, .270 OBA, 1.26 WHIP

Raisel Iglesias (on 40 man): 0-1, 3.86 ERA, .306 OBA, 1.39 WHIP

Jon Moscot (not on 40 man): 2-0, 1.54 ERA, .214 OBA, 1.03 WHIP

You never know with the Reds. They brought up Pedro Villarreal, and started him last year.

You never know with the Reds. They brought up Pedro Villarreal, and started him last year.

Very true, but the guy on their 40 man that they would do that with this year would be Holmberg, who's been awful at AAA. Lucky for us, he pitched last night so he's not a real option.

Iglesias is the best option only because he's already on the 40 man. Gregg needs to go, and you can add any 1 of the remaining 3...

Iglesias is the best option only because he's already on the 40 man. Gregg needs to go, and you can add any 1 of the remaining 3...

Gregg and Badenhop both need to go.

I would also put Homer on the 60-day DL, and then they could add one of the other guys.