HHS 4 Cincy St. X 2

This game is huge for HHS. A lot people might think otherwise. What people don't know is that they are playing without 5 seniors for 5 games because of their unannouced spring break trips. It also is hurting the JV because they are having to send players up to varsity to fill in. I'm glad to see the coaches sticking to their guns with this issue.

This game is huge for HHS. A lot people might think otherwise. What people don't know is that they are playing without 5 seniors for 5 games because of their unannouced spring break trips. It also is hurting the JV because they are having to send players up to varsity to fill in. I'm glad to see the coaches sticking to their guns with this issue.

Tdy, I don't know the particulars, but if players left for spring break and did not tell the coach they were going on spring break, they should be disciplined and I agree that the coach should stick to his guns.

With or without those players, beating St. X is a great accomplishment. I also agree its proof things are heading in the right direction.

While I don't want to turn this thread into a public-private debate, I will point out something that a lot of people in this forum not from N. Ky. may not be aware of. Highlands used to have a very strong baseball team. For various reasons, including but not limited to spring football, the baseball program declined rather severely. A good athlete and baseball player transferring to CovCath last year for the well known reason that he wanted to play for a good baseball program was the last straw. Rather than complaining that the transfer was for athletic intent, the administration at Highlands realized that the problem was at Highlands and made changes to return the baseball program to its former stature. They brought in a new head coach with a very successful past. Dale worked with the baseball program during the spring football period and encouraged kids to play baseball. I'm sure there have been other things the school has done to renew its committment to the baseball program.

I've not yet had the opportunity this year to watch the Birds play baseball, but hope to do so in the near future. Good luck Birds. And thanks Tdy for the updates.

I'm so glad to hear that a new focus has been put onto the baseball program! Hopefully, this will be the beginning of great things for HHS baseball. I too want to make an effort to see them play. Maybe "somebody" could get me a schedule of the remaining games. ;)

I'm so glad to hear that a new focus has been put onto the baseball program! Hopefully, this will be the beginning of great things for HHS baseball. I too want to make an effort to see them play. Maybe "somebody" could get me a schedule of the remaining games. ;)

Go to the Boosters website and print off the schedule. It is more current than the one listed on the KHSAA website.

A good athlete and baseball player transferring to CovCath last year for the well known reason that he wanted to play for a good baseball program was the last straw. Rather than complaining that the transfer was for athletic intent, .

1. Assuming we're talking about the Sainola boy, the 'athletic intent' issue is moot, right?

2. I liked what I saw when I watched HHS and CCH and that was without the wayward boys who went south.

3. No reason HHS should not ALWAYS be a contender in the 9th.

1. Assuming we're talking about the Sainola boy, the 'athletic intent' issue is moot, right?

I believe that is correct. Some programs are more concern about the students well being and not the competition. Alot of schools should follow the example set at Highlands. Construct a solid program and let the chips fall were they may.;)

I believe that is correct. Some programs are more concern about the students well being and not the competition. Alot of schools should follow the example set at Highlands. Construct a solid program and let the chips fall were they may.;)

Easy now, my friend.

Even if the Sainola boy wore a shirt that said "I'm transferring for athletic purposes", its moot because he has never played a varsity sport.