Admission

What does you high school charge to get into a game if anything. In NKY, I've been to CCH and it was $7 for myself and two kids, and at Scott it was $14 for 2 adults and three kids. What happened to the family price or am I way out of touch. I don't mind paying if my school can reep the benifits of admission also.

Boone Co charges $3 for adults and $1 for students. For baseball this is how most teams pay the umpires. There is not much of a budget for baseball at most schools. You have to raise it or get it at the gate.

What does you high school charge to get into a game if anything. In NKY, I've been to CCH and it was $7 for myself and two kids, and at Scott it was $14 for 2 adults and three kids. What happened to the family price or am I way out of touch. I don't mind paying if my school can reep the benifits of admission also.

Are you saying that HHS does not charge? I think they would be in the minority.

Are you saying that HHS does not charge? I think they would be in the minority.

No they don't. At the parents meeting, it was brought up about charging admission to help with expenses and one parent griped about it. There haven't been any home games yet so I'm not sure if they are or not. If they do, which I hope they do because it will ease the financial burden on me, don't hold the condition of the field against any current members of the program. It is, lets say a little undesirable, especially the infield. Next year there are some big plans in the works to fix the field. It was too late to do anything this year.

I don't think they ever have. Their fields have always been in a public park setting.

And the home football game gate totals cushion their general fund to help other sports like baseball, softball, etc. that aren't money makers. Does Highlands pay to use the park field? I think the only time I paid there was during a district game, but then again I can't say that was 100% correct.

Highlands charged admission at Pendry? I thought they played at Tower Park and NCC played at Pendry.

Clarification: It was an NC home soccer game. My point is that a high school team playing at a public park was able to collect admission revenue.

Clarification: It was an NC home soccer game. My point is that a high school team playing at a public park was able to collect admission revenue.
Only because they chose to and the park officials (I assume) allowed it. I would assume, charging admission in a public park is tricky business.

Only because they chose to and the park officials (I assume) allowed it. I would assume, charging admission in a public park is tricky business.

Tricky? I guess it depends on the layout of the park in relation to where the event is.

At Pendry, the admission was not collected at the park entrance but , rather, right by the field as you walked "in".

Highlands does charge admission at Tower Park, at least for the girls games that I saw when they played NDA......