Doug Bibby (Central) Not Coaching LIT Semifinal against Ballard

The suspension was a compromise to keep him from jail. The police was taking him to jail.

This is consistent with what I heard elsewhere - that the police agreed not to take Coach Bibby to jail so long as he was not allowed back into the gym on Saturday.

I hope the report that there is a tape of what happened is true.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Just follow procedures and bring concerns to the table. I also heard today from an LIT worker, that Valley has it all on tape. They have cameras so maybe we will see. I was told that the coach would not stop and let it go and the police officer put his arm on the coach shoulder saying, "coach you have bigger fish to fry today let it go." Coach elbowed the officer in the chest and was arrested. Jerry Wyman asked if it could be handled differently and they agreed to cite him instead of taking him to jail.

Interesting, no reason for the officer to touch the coach at all IMO.

The suspension was a compromise to keep him from jail. The police was taking him to jail.

If what he did warranted an arrest then he should have been arrested. Hearing this makes me think even more that an officer went on a bit of a power trip.

We had a situation with a fan in the King of the Bluegrass this year. The police got the tournament director and told him to get the person out of the gym or he was going to arrest them. The fan left on thier own…by far the best way to handle the situation.

You choose the behavior you choose the consequences…both good and bad.

We had a situation with a fan in the King of the Bluegrass this year. The police got the tournament director and told him to get the person out of the gym or he was going to arrest them. The fan left on thier own…by far the best way to handle the situation.

You choose the behavior you choose the consequences…both good and bad.

There's the difference.

• 8 months later...

Doug Bibby was found not guilty and cleared of all charges.

I was just listening to him tell his story on 790AM. If his version is true...wow. He alleges that two security guards and a secretary lied on the witness stand (presumably under oath).