Doug Bibby (Central) Not Coaching LIT Semifinal against Ballard

So they expect players to eat concession stand fare prior to a game or do without once they enter the arena? Doesn't sound like healthy eating to me. Of course I only know what I read on here but wonder if it wouldn't be better to let him coach tonight and then upon further investigation penalize Coach Bibby if he actions warrant it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that Central played late last night which means kids did not get home til late but have to be back early in the morning keep in mind Valley loacation to where the kids live). This kid was coming in as a team, so there should not have been a question he was with the team. Why is there a major issue about a kid about to play bringing his breakfast to the game? Why is the coach character being questioned for protecting his kid intention for wanting to eat breakfast before a big game? The team was coming in a team gate, so why major police presence? Every thing about Valley & LIT screams money.....

This is my mindset.

All excuses for not handling a situation right. I don't have a problem with a kid from a team bringing in food and would okay it if I was on a gate. But Im not going to give a coach a pass for this in the name of standing up for a $5 meal. I don't understand why we cant handle things the right way.

Why is it automatically assumed that it was handled right on the part of those who approached the player and coach? How do we know something out of the way wasn't said? Why is it assumed the people in the wrong are the player and coach? Obviously something happened to get Coach Bibby irate to the point he was cited and eventually suspended.

Why is it automatically assumed that it was handled right on the part of those who approached the player and coach? How do we know something out of the way wasn't said? Why is it assumed the people in the wrong are the player and coach? Obviously something happened to get Coach Bibby irate to the point he was cited and eventually suspended.

If it was Trinity, there would have not been a issue. The Louisville Police would not have been involved..

If it was Trinity, they would have thrown the food in the garbage and went on in the gym. No need for the police.

Updated story... With coach side of things.. Overzealous police and badly ran event... JCPS is about money and not about the kids.

Central coach Bibby cited by police, suspended from LIT | USA Today High School Sports | USA Today High School Sports

Sounds like somebody was mad that Central crashed the party and sent Trinity home. Unless we were there nobody knows who was wrong in the way the situation was handled. I am sure even though I was not there that the "authorities" had no business making a big deal of a player bringing food into the facility. That is plain ignorant and somebody trying to insert their control & power which Coach Bibby challenged. Regardless how he did so does not make him a low character guy.

Jerry Wyman and the L.I.T. are quickly becoming a major joke. When a tournament the size of this can not provide players a meal someone is lining their pockets deeply. A couple less metro officers and rent a cop guards of the 2dozen or more they have could pay for a lot of food for players. Lets remember the people are there to watch the kids!!!! not JW and the mules.