Doug Bibby (Central) Not Coaching LIT Semifinal against Ballard

Interesting....

@kyhighs: Details to come, but Doug Bibby will not be coaching the Central boys' basketball team in the LIT today.

@kyhighs: According to Central AD Marlon Miller, Mike Romaine will assume head-coaching duties in today's LIT semifinal against Ballard.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People speaking out about it...

@kingwarren2: That LRT is just ANOTHER example of Police harassment. That rule about bringing food into an arena has NEVER applied to athletes

@kingwarren2: That cop was just trying to start something. Now coach bibby is suspended, but what happens to the cop?

What does the venue have to do with not following rules? Jeff. Co preaches "Character first." Whats wrong with the coach saying that's the rule I will give you some money to get something at the concession stands and bring this up with my AD and LIT committee later? End of story and coach would be on the sideline. Valley is becoming a great site.

The kids playing for Jefferson Co Schools. Why not let them eat their food so they can perform for JCPS and their sponsors. This is a early morning game, the kids from Central played late last night.

Plus a police is harnessing a player that the coach is responsible for. Why not let a $5 meal come through the gate? They guy is about to play ball.

What does the venue have to do with not following rules? Jeff. Co preaches "Character first." Whats wrong with the coach saying that's the rule I will give you some money to get something at the concession stands and bring this up with my AD and LIT committee later? End of story and coach would be on the sideline. Valley is becoming a great site.

Was the no food in the gym rule a Valley gym rule, an LIT rule or a JCPS rule?

Do they not feed the kids after games at the LIT? Why should a player be made to buy food at the concession stand? That's pretty funny to me. I ain't mad at Bibby at all. I can understand fans not bringing in food but cut the players a little slack.

Wait, I missed that. Were they players forced to buy food at the concession stand?

There is a clear sign on the doors that says no food or drink in the gym. I have no problem with a kid from a team bringing in food. However the workers at the gate are giving a job and they do it. If you have never worked a gate at a big event you should. It wont be a pleasant experience. Everyone tries to sneak in, give you phony passes, say they are coaches of the team even though you have to have a LIT pass or ticket to get in, and blame you for the cost and senior citizens complaining of no discount. As for feeding the teams would be great but it doesn't happen. All the money goes back to the teams per round. Heard Doss got to the game 10 minutes before starting. How about getting your team together early and having a team meal together. Like I said earlier, You handle this professionally and bring it up for discussion afterwards and make changes as needed.

There is a clear sign on the doors that says no food or drink in the gym. I have no problem with a kid from a team bringing in food. However the workers at the gate are giving a job and they do it. If you have never worked a gate at a big event you should. It wont be a pleasant experience. Everyone tries to sneak in, give you phony passes, say they are coaches of the team even though you have to have a LIT pass or ticket to get in, and blame you for the cost and senior citizens complaining of no discount. As for feeding the teams would be great but it doesn't happen. All the money goes back to the teams per round. Heard Doss got to the game 10 minutes before starting. How about getting your team together early and having a team meal together. Like I said earlier, You handle this professionally and bring it up for discussion afterwards and make changes as needed.

Keep in mind that Central played late last night which means kids did not get home til late but have to be back early in the morning keep in mind Valley loacation to where the kids live). This kid was coming in as a team, so there should not have been a question he was with the team. Why is there a major issue about a kid about to play bringing his breakfast to the game? Why is the coach character being questioned for protecting his kid intention for wanting to eat breakfast before a big game? The team was coming in a team gate, so why major police presence? Every thing about Valley & LIT screams money.....

All excuses for not handling a situation right. I don't have a problem with a kid from a team bringing in food and would okay it if I was on a gate. But Im not going to give a coach a pass for this in the name of standing up for a $5 meal. I don't understand why we cant handle things the right way.