Doug Bibby (Central) Not Coaching LIT Semifinal against Ballard

Do they not feed the kids after games at the LIT? Why should a player be made to buy food at the concession stand? That's pretty funny to me. I ain't mad at Bibby at all. I can understand fans not bringing in food but cut the players a little slack.

No they don't and because they really scrimped on the lobby area when they built the gym the line for the 1 concessions window if ridiculous. But you better believe that they have a hospitality room for the ADs so that they don't have to wait in the lines or pay for food.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the venue have to do with not following rules? Jeff. Co preaches "Character first." Whats wrong with the coach saying that's the rule I will give you some money to get something at the concession stands and bring this up with my AD and LIT committee later? End of story and coach would be on the sideline. Valley is becoming a great site.

Sure it is if you forget about the extremely small pubic restrooms, the ridiculously laid out lobby with 1 concession window and the terrible parking.

No they don't and because the really scrimped on the lobby area when they built the gym the line for the 1 concessions window if ridiculous.

That's really weird. I've been to less prestigious tournaments than the LIT and the players were always fed after the game by the host school. I thought all tournaments did that. Having accessible food for the players is something I feel should be a necessity at all tournaments.

Edited by PurplePride92

That's really weird. I've been to less prestigious tournaments than the LIT and the players were always fed after the game by the host school. I thought all tournaments did that. having accessible food for the players is something I feel should be a necessity at all tournaments.

Pretty sure the KOB feeds kids, as well as the Lexcath tourney. Legacy Nissan Classic had a NICE spread for media/coaches and took care of the players as well.

Hell, even the Lloyd tourney feeds the coaches, media, and players. The organizers of the LIT should be embarrassed.

That's really weird. I've been to less prestigious tournaments than the LIT and the players were always fed after the game by the host school. I thought all tournaments did that. having accessible food for the players is something I feel should be a necessity at all tournaments.

How hard is it to get a pizza chain to sponsor the tournament and provide pizza for players ? Amateur hour on event planning.

How hard is it to get a pizza chain to sponsor the tournament and provide pizza for players ? Amateur hour on event planning.

There is plenty of food being provided by sponsors - it goes to the Jefferson County AD's and others in the blocked off hospitality room for the "LIT Committee."

Are teams required to play in this?

If not, I'd seriously re-consider being apart of this next year if I'm Central's AD.

The smallest schools opt out. But 6th/7th regions schools are not allow to play during LIT week unless you are in the tournament. If you don't make the tournament, you can play a game on Thursday during LIT week (only 20 teams make the tournament, so your schedule is blank for the week until the tournament schedule comes out).

The smallest schools opt out. But 6th/7th regions schools are not allow to play during LIT week unless you are in the tournament. If you don't make the tournament, you can play a game on Thursday during LIT week (only 20 teams make the tournament, so your schedule is blank for the week until the tournament schedule comes out).

Is that a county/JCPS rule that you can't play during that week if you don't participate in the event?

If so, I can tell why this is so poorly ran...too many politics involved.

Central's participation and success in this year's LIT was becoming a great story, and now this.

I would be interested in knowing whether the officer involved was from Louisville Metro or the City of Valley Station.

I don't believe Valley Station has its' own force. All games I attended out there has been Louisville Metro Police.

Is that a county/JCPS rule that you can't play during that week if you don't participate in the event?

If so, I can tell why this is so poorly ran...too many politics involved.

It is JCPS Athletics rule.. If you don't make the tournament, you can try to find a game for Thursday of that week.

Sure it is if you forget about the extremely small pubic restrooms, the ridiculously laid out lobby with 1 concession window and the terrible parking.

And the terrible traffic getting there.

I have worked on accepting the fact that I will have to go to this place to watch the LIT and regional tournament games, but this will never be a great site. JCPS made plenty of bad decisions, beginning with the location, and that will never change.