Why didn't WH send a high ranking official?

jericho

I thought France acted like chumps when we needed them the most.

They always have and have a short memory of the U.S. saving them in WW 1 and 2

Still should have shown the world we back them. Especially since we are better than them.

Still should have shown the world we back them. Especially since we are better than them.

I say screw France. They had a chance after 9/11 to stand up and say it with their chest. They chose otherwise.

At the same time.....why Holder was in Paris and didn't attend is pretty stupid.

I hope this thread doesn't get political, in a way to bash the other party or an administration that one does not like.

I don't care who is in the Whitehouse, the best thing, from a security standpoint, is do not send any high ranking official! It's just asking for assassination attempt.

How many people were in this march? About 4 million? Not very safe to have a high ranking government official there, as well as if the US sent someone, there would have been bigger concerns for the march as the US is the ones who the terrorists would want to get more than anyone else.

We didn't save France in WW I. They did fine on their own and laid 3.4 million on the battlefield which was over 4 percent of their population. I think too many get the two world wars confused and clump them into one.

I hope this thread doesn't get political, in a way to bash the other party or an administration that one does not like.

I don't care who is in the Whitehouse, the best thing, from a security standpoint, is do not send any high ranking official! It's just asking for assassination attempt.

How many people were in this march? About 4 million? Not very safe to have a high ranking government official there, as well as if the US sent someone, there would have been bigger concerns for the march as the US is the ones who the terrorists would want to get more than anyone else.

Playing devils advocate. Why didn't other countries seem to mind?

I'm assuming because there is no bigger target than a US target?

White House has admitted they made a mistake and should have sent a higher ranking official. It's apparently a bigger deal here than in France though. They just misjudged as it sounds like safety didn't play in to their decision.

The WH initially made it sound like 36 hour notice wasn't sufficient time for security measures.

The WH initially made it sound like 36 hour notice wasn't sufficient time for security measures.

Makes sense to me if that is the case. Had they sent someone for show and then something happened to that person then people would be saying "why did they send someone without proper security measures in place?"

Makes sense to me if that is the case. Had they sent someone for show and then something happened to that person then people would be saying "why did they send someone without proper security measures in place?"

Skeptics wondered how other countries could figure that out but the US couldn't.

Skeptics wondered how other countries could figure that out but the US couldn't.

There are going to be skeptics regardless. I'd say our security measures are more complex than theirs and I'd argue we have more to protect than them seeing as how we likely have more enemies than any of them.