Oh snap, these Harvard profs are upset over the impact of Obamacare on them.

You know...you're just now talking to me again. I'm not going to argue with you. Like I said...whatever happens, happens. I'm not going to wail, or gnash my teeth (which are sparkly, thank you very much). And I DAMN sure am not going to subject BGP to the nightmare that has been the P&R rhetoric over the last 6 years.

The R's have it. Let's see what they got. I am preparing and expecting the worst. I'll ride the storm out, as if it turns out as I fear, this too shall pass. If something good comes out of it, I'll give a big virtual fist bump to the BGP faithful.

I have resolved in 2015 to NOT indulge in hyperbole, or overblow political issues, and to be respectful to others here in my discussions.

Shall be fun. :D

Same for me. I have no interest in the divide.

You know...you're just now talking to me again. I'm not going to argue with you. Like I said...whatever happens, happens. I'm not going to wail, or gnash my teeth (which are sparkly, thank you very much). And I DAMN sure am not going to subject BGP to the nightmare that has been the P&R rhetoric over the last 6 years.

The R's have it. Let's see what they got. I am preparing and expecting the worst. I'll ride the storm out, as if it turns out as I fear, this too shall pass. If something good comes out of it, I'll give a big virtual fist bump to the BGP faithful.

I have resolved in 2015 to NOT indulge in hyperbole, or overblow political issues, and to be respectful to others here in my discussions.

Shall be fun. :D

13 plus years that I've been here. It was going strong waaaaay before the current administration.

13 plus years that I've been here. It was going strong waaaaay before the current administration.

It's always been there, but it has been OVER THE TOP the last 2-3 years in particular. I resolve not to participate in that manner any longer.

Most here should be fairly happy and fairly tame. The only people not uber-conservative that are left are ...me...PP2, mcpapa...anyone I'm missing?

It's always been there, but it has been OVER THE TOP the last 2-3 years in particular. I resolve not to participate in that manner any longer.

Most here should be fairly happy and fairly tame. The only people not uber-conservative that are left are ...me...PP2, mcpapa...anyone I'm missing?

There are a couple more of us pinko tree-hugging doves around. Not too many, though.

I'm always shocked when the Dems win ANYTHING!

I don't see it as any worse than ever, it's always been bad.

I really believe that this divide, while always there, really got going good in the aftermath of the 2000 election. So many people on the left were certain that Gore had had the election stolen from him that they were not going to give Bush a chance and since that was the first election that took place in the electronic age all the rhetoric was ratcheted up. By the same token I think that there are many on the right that feel like Bush was treated so badly by the left that there was no chance they were going to give Obama a break and IMVHO Obama's actions and some of his rhetoric have brought some of this on himself.

Back to the topic at hand, I find it hilarious that this bastion of academia that strongly supported Obamacare are now upset with it because it's going to have negative ramifications for them. Everyone else be damned, we weren't supposed to be negatively impacted by this.

Raises hand

Don't forget about Big Green Horse, Science Friction and a few others who occupied the far left seats. Speaking of which, they have been quiet lately it seems.

How can these supposed smartest guys (and gals) in the room teach when they live in such a protected bubble so different than the real world.

Whining about a $250 PP deductible? They have no clue that $1,000 is now common. $1,000 per person deductible. And it was getting there before ACA.

No wonder the financial model for ACA is toxic.

Some things are good in ACA. But the it is financially nonviable. Companies and organization will shift more and more to individuals after the WH stops illegally moving deadlines (with the wink and nod of Congress - that will likely continue since the alternative is sort of MAD scenario).

The cards are dealt - they are not going back in the deck.

It's no worse than when Bush was in office, just perceived to be worse by some.

Yes, you're missing Habib, TB&G annnnnnnndddddd...................Mt Ref.