Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Juniors

Featured Replies

Will is good in basketball too, right?

Do you have any idea if he has a better chance or more interest to play baseball or basketball in college?

 

Baseball is his sport.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baseball is his sport.

Cool, I wanna get out and see him play this season.

Cool, I wanna get out and see him play this season.

 

He's impressive.

Andrew Trame and CJ Seay from Scott are some people to mention. Andrew is a great hitter but sometimes has some shaky defense. CJ pitched well for the Eagles last year and will probably be their ace this year (also like to mention he's gotten a little bigger so that might translate to some velocity). He will also be starting first base so we'll get a measure of hit hitting and fielding abilities.

Trame was mentioned, but I haven't heard about Seay before... I will def be keeping an eye out for him. Sounds like a good player.

I could see him playing NAIA or D3 unless his measurables improve a lot in a year. He is definitely a very good hs player.

 

I'm going to pick on you a little bit :)

 

The jump between NAIA and D3 can be significant. I know it's anecdotal, but I personally watched two NAIA pitchers at a school here in KY touch low 90's in a simple fall workout. Thus, they weren't at their peak velos as they would be in April. Not many D3 schools can trot that out.

 

And the aforementioned NAIA school did not even qualify for the post season.

 

Point is, there is (usually) a big difference between NAIA and D3.

 

Sorry for the interruption...

I'm going to pick on you a little bit :)

 

The jump between NAIA and D3 can be significant. I know it's anecdotal, but I personally watched two NAIA pitchers at a school here in KY touch low 90's in a simple fall workout. Thus, they weren't at their peak velos as they would be in April. Not many D3 schools can trot that out.

 

And the aforementioned NAIA school did not even qualify for the post season.

 

Point is, there is (usually) a big difference between NAIA and D3.

 

Sorry for the interruption...

Yep, a lot of people don't realize how weird college baseball can be... There are several JUCO baseball programs that are stronger than many D1 programs. As you said, there are a lot of strong NAIA programs out there.

 

That's why many of these kids will get interest from schools in every "level".

 

As a norm, even if that's possible to say... Lol!

I'd say in general the order would go D1, D2 and NAIA, then D3...

But JUCO is all over the map... Top notch programs and weaker ones.

 

NAIA can be really varied too... Really strong competition mixed with weaker programs as well.

That's why it's so important IMO that a kid really look into the program that's recruiting him (and how he fits into their plans) more so than which division it competes in. Definitely can be confusing. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree 1000% as to JUCO. We just don't think about them in this area. However, many major D1 schools recruit a significant portion of their guys from JUCO. I know that 4 pitchers in the 2015 class have all committed to play at John Logan in Illinois. Kudos to them for thinking outside the box that KY kids often do not consider.

 

To that end, there is D1 and D2 JUCO. Kids can get a great deal with JUCO (low tuition - scholarship isn't going to cover everything), get your core stuff in, and you demonstrate that you can (not might) be able to play college baseball. If you are getting it done at a D1 JUCO, someone is going to give you a scholarship.

These NKY juniors will be at the PBR Winter Prospect Showcase this weekend:

Alex Goodridge - Ryle

Dawson Hogan - Campbell Co

Andrew Louden - Ryle

Andrew Trame and CJ Seay from Scott are some people to mention. Andrew is a great hitter but sometimes has some shaky defense. CJ pitched well for the Eagles last year and will probably be their ace this year (also like to mention he's gotten a little bigger so that might translate to some velocity). He will also be starting first base so we'll get a measure of hit hitting and fielding abilities.

 

Seay will not be the ace. He will probably be the #4 behind Andrew Trame, Jake Ohmer and Zach Mahan

Seay will not be the ace. He will probably be the #4 behind Andrew Trame, Jake Ohmer and Zach Mahan

 

No idea who Mahan is. Didn't play last year for them. If anybody would be the ace besides Seay, it would be Trame.

No idea who Mahan is. Didn't play last year for them. If anybody would be the ace besides Seay, it would be Trame.

 

I believe Mahan is the transfer from a small christian school that I mentioned in a previous post. He is apparently around 6' 4" or so and throws in the 80's. I can't confirm as I haven't seen him live and in person. I've only heard is throws hard, but is very raw.

 

I don't know if Seay is the ace, but he's no worse than the #2. He is tall, and has decent velocity. He's not the best mechanically, and has somewhat awkward arm action, which has caused him to be inconsistent with location over the years. He has improved, and with his size, has a high ceiling.

 

Ohmer throws mostly offspeed stuff, and stay in the strike zone. He has gotten much bigger, so he may pick up some velocity this year. Still, he's probably a 3 or 4 starter.

These NKY juniors will be at the PBR Winter Prospect Showcase this weekend:

Alex Goodridge - Ryle

Dawson Hogan - Campbell Co

Andrew Louden - Ryle

 

Goodridge and Louden both made PBR top pitcher velocity list for the event at 78mph.

Goodridge and Louden both made PBR top pitcher velocity list for the event at 78mph.

 

You will most likely see the higher velocity next month at the Pre-Season All- State next month.

You will most likely see the higher velocity next month at the Pre-Season All- State next month.

Absolutely, there'll be some bigger numbers and bigger names at that one. A lot of the kids at this event were first timers for PBR... I think the highest pitching velocity at this event was 83mph.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.