Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Juniors

Featured Replies

What about the Garrett Wilson kid from Bullitt East? I heard he put up some really good numbers at PBR events and at U of L's team camp?

 

I have not yet seen Wilson... But I've heard and read great things about him!

As you can probably tell from reading the thread, most of us that have commented thus far reside in the 9th region. So, those are the kids I'm most familiar with.

I know Wilson has impressed at PBR for sure though.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Seay when he was younger, pretty good arm, but back then soccer seem to be his money ball. Does he still play soccer?

 

Yes, he's the goalie for the Eagles. Soccer is his favorite sport but

Yes, he's the goalie for the Eagles. Soccer is his favorite sport but

Meant to say that he is the goalie for the Eagles. Soccer is his favorite sport but I think baseball might have the higher ceiling for him if he works on it.

Does he only project as a first baseman? If he has some speed, he may be viewed as a potential outfielder... Does he pitch?

The other thing with power: does it look like he's gonna add size to his frame? If he's lanky, most likely they'll project him to add power after getting into their strength and conditioning program at the college level.

 

Will would not be described as "lanky", never has been. He and Combs at BW are kind of built similarly, Will probably even is a little thicker these days, saw Brayden the other day and surprised how thin he was, looks like he is working hard on his baseball body, which is a good thing. I think, like Clyde, Will will show show improvement on the power side. He does have a tendency to drag his hands through the zone, causing a lot of base hits in the 6 hole or bouncers up the middle. IMO that is just quality instruction, hard to imagine a kid with that size and ability not having some pop. He also runs surprisingly well, not sure he gets credit for that. I think arm strength will have to improve if he would be an OF at the next level, did have a serious arm injury a couple years back that IIRC took him off the mound.

 

Another name to watch for is Alex Goodrich at Ryle. He has done very well at all levels, and this should be the year he gets a shot at the varsity level. Good command and has adequate velo to compete at the varsity HS level around here. Not sure what Ryle has coming back, but I would think as a junior now he will see some innings.

 

Will also throw the Teegarden (sp) kid at Boone in there. I know he started last year, but probably was a little overmatched at points. He won't be this year. Very good glove and love his approach at the plate. He and Purnell should make a great tandem.

Will would not be described as "lanky", never has been. He and Combs at BW are kind of built similarly, Will probably even is a little thicker these days, saw Brayden the other day and surprised how thin he was, looks like he is working hard on his baseball body, which is a good thing. I think, like Clyde, Will will show show improvement on the power side. He does have a tendency to drag his hands through the zone, causing a lot of base hits in the 6 hole or bouncers up the middle. IMO that is just quality instruction, hard to imagine a kid with that size and ability not having some pop. He also runs surprisingly well, not sure he gets credit for that. I think arm strength will have to improve if he would be an OF at the next level, did have a serious arm injury a couple years back that IIRC took him off the mound.

 

Another name to watch for is Alex Goodrich at Ryle. He has done very well at all levels, and this should be the year he gets a shot at the varsity level. Good command and has adequate velo to compete at the varsity HS level around here. Not sure what Ryle has coming back, but I would think as a junior now he will see some innings.

 

Will also throw the Teegarden (sp) kid at Boone in there. I know he started last year, but probably was a little overmatched at points. He won't be this year. Very good glove and love his approach at the plate. He and Purnell should make a great tandem.

 

Good insight on Heppler. If he's that big and strong, then power should for sure naturally develop.

I've heard of the Teegarden kid for a few years, but Goodrich is a new name for me to follow. Ryle always seems to have a few kids step up and play well, so it will be interesting to see what Goodrich does.

Teegarden is actually a sophomore. He was called up last season because of injuries in the infield. He became the starting 2nd basemen and played SS when Purnell pitched. IMO, They are one of the better combos up the middle.

I expect Ricky Raisor will have a monster season on the mound. Kid has great stuff.

Evan Slone, I think, while he has been really good, will have a monster season at the plate and on the mound.

 

I like these two players a lot... Ricky Raisor got some great varsity experience at the end of the season for HHS. His pitching has really developed.

 

I agree that Evan Slone will have a great season provided that there are no set backs from his eye injury. That eye is the only thing that concerns me. But he plays the game hard and I know he's put on about 10 lbs of muscle during the off season too.

Ethan Elmore will be a solid pitcher for Boone and Jordan Thacker should show pretty well in relief.

Ethan Elmore will be a solid pitcher for Boone and Jordan Thacker should show pretty well in relief.

 

Both are great kids with a lot of potential to help out on the mound this year.

There will be a lot of solid Junior prospects at the PBR "pre-season all-state showcase" in a couple of weeks. I'm sure they will release the list of invites before long...

Not much of a baseball guy but I like Hunter Lawson at Grant

There will be a lot of solid Junior prospects at the PBR "pre-season all-state showcase" in a couple of weeks. I'm sure they will release the list of invites before long...

 

He's sent out so many invitations asking for people. We received one but decided not to attend this event. He's still asking for people to attend as of a tweet this week. Gotta remember PBR like many other camps is out to make money. They just do a good job of promoting. I will say I do like when he tweets out hey keep looking at this kid or that kid, this kid had a good showing, etc. To me the invitee list doesn't mean much.

He's sent out so many invitations asking for people. We received one but decided not to attend this event. He's still asking for people to attend as of a tweet this week. Gotta remember PBR like many other camps is out to make money. They just do a good job of promoting. I will say I do like when he tweets out hey keep looking at this kid or that kid, this kid had a good showing, etc. To me the invitee list doesn't mean much.

 

Some kids had to cancel due to injury and stuff. PBR events don't cost a fortune, plus the kid gets a video and a scout evaluation which are both valuable for a kid that wants to play at the next level.

No need for kids to go to every event, but PBR definitely runs some of the best around.

The following Juniors will be in Lexington tomorrow working out for PBR....

preseason all-state showcase roster

 

Last Name First Name B/T HT WT Position School Class

 

Abbott Jacob R/R 6'0 175 SS/RHP Lafayette 2016

 

Arflack Landon L/R 6'4 215 1B Western Hills 2016

 

Beavers Nate R/R 6'2 168 RHP/2B Woodford County 2016

 

Boggs Jackson R/R 6'0 165 OF Lafayette 2016

 

Boils Vincent R/R 5'11 195 C Southwestern 2016

 

Boothe Will R/R 5'11 155 SS/RHP Muhlenberg County 2016

 

Borman Drew R/R 5'11 170 OF/RHP Conner 2016

 

Brown Christopher R/R 5'11 185 RHP/3B Allen County Scottsville 2016

 

Bush CJ R/R 6'1 210 1B Lexington Catholic 2016

 

Childress Hunter R/R 5'10 155 SS Nelson County 2016

 

Chilton Bryan R/R 6'0 182 C Christian County 2016

 

Cobb Colton R/R 5'9 185 C Model Laboratory 2016

 

Coleman Carson R/R 6'2 175 SS/RHP Lexington Catholic 2016

 

Cunningham Tyler R/R 5'10 165 C Greenwood 2016

 

Dacci Cam R/R 6'1 170 SS Henry Clay 2016

 

Damron Brock R/R 5'11 185 SS Boyd County 2016

 

Elias Aidan R/R 6'2 170 OF/RHP Sayre 2016

 

Embs Kori L/R 6'0 165 OF Bishop Brossart 2016

 

Enlow Colin R/R 5'11 210 3B Woodford County 2016

 

Fieger Kyle R/R 5'11 165 RHP Beechwood 2016

 

Floyd Josh R/R 6'4 175 RHP Warren Central 2016

 

Gooding Jackson R/R 5'11 175 SS Bowling Green 2016

 

Hammers Bradley R/R 5'9 165 C Garrard County 2016

 

Hayden Andrew L/L 6'4 185 LHP Daviess County 2016

 

Higgins Michael R/R 6'1 165 RHP South Oldham 2016

 

Holland Logan R/R 6'0 165 1B Lafayette 2016

 

Holland Kelsey R/R 5'8 180 C Montgomery County 2016

 

Horsley Tyler R/R 6'1 190 RHP Ballard 2016

 

Howard Trevor R/R 6'3 210 3B Southwestern Pulaski 2016

 

Howe Allen R/R 6'1 190 RHP/2B Trinity 2016

 

Hughes Noah R/R 5'7 180 C Scott County 2016

 

Johnson Seth R/R 6'1 160 OF/RHP Franklin Simpson 2016

 

Kennemore Lane R/R 5'10 165 SS Mayfield 2016

 

Kopriva Ben R/R 6'0 178 3B Trinity 2016

 

Lineberry Isaac R/R 6'0 200 C McCracken County 2016

 

Maple Tanner R/R 5'11 180 1B/RHP Greenwood 2016

 

Martin Grant R/R 6'2 196 C Prestonsburg 2016

 

May Lindon R/R 6'4 170 RHP Henry Clay 2016

 

McGraw Rick R/R 5'9 155 3B/RHP Christian County 2016

 

Nunnelley Wyatt R/R 5'9 165 C Henry Clay 2016

 

Pawley Brandt L/R 5'11 155 2B Central Hardin 2016

 

Pope Reid R/R 6'0 185 OF/RHP McCracken County 2016

 

Purnell Jeffrey R/R 6'3 175 RHP/SS Boone County 2016

 

Raisor Ricky R/R 6'1 175 RHP Highlands 2016

 

Redmon Blake R/R 5'8 155 2B/RHP Franklin County 2016

 

Redmon Parker R/R 6'5 180 RHP Scott County 2016

 

Robbins Josiah R/R 6'1 178 SS Boyle County 2016

 

Schneider Derek R/R 6'2 225 C McCracken County 2016

 

Slone Evan L/R 5'9 163 SS Ludlow 2016

 

Stephens Ty R/R 5'8 145 OF Lexington Christian 2016

 

Stone Adam R/R 6'3 200 C University Heights Academy 2016

 

Thatcher Luke R/R 6'3 170 OF East Jessamine 2016

 

Watkins Langston L/L 5'10 170 OF Louisville Male 2016

 

Wegenast Zach R/R 5'10 180 2B Holy Cross 2016

 

Wimber Will R/R 5'10 165 2B Reitz Memorial (Indiana) 2016

 

Ziegelmeyer Jake R/R 6'3 205 RHP/1B Ryle 2016

 

A ton of talent will be on display... Several 2015 and 2017 kids will also be there... Man, I wish I could see this one!

^^^^ Being from Northern Kentucky, I have seen and been impressed by: Borman, Fieger, Purnell, Raisor, Slone and Ziegelmeyer...

And I've heard of many of the others that will be there tomorrow.... Impressive kids on and off the field. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.