Interesting tidbit about the super district

All Tell

PA has separate tournaments for public schools and catholic schools. T and X should be in a gcl type league with the Indy Cathedrals, Moellers and LaSalles of the world. Beating your chests winning KY 6A is like a varsity squad celebrating a win over a pee wee team. After 50 years of domination why is there no response from the rest of 6A? Simply rotating tournament brackets is a joke. Everyone knows that you are playing for second place, including the kids in your feeder. Compelling public schools to compete with T and X is a major reason for mediocrity in 6A. Kids want a reasonable chance to compete for titles, and without that, 6A schools will continue to hemorrhage talent. KHSAA has given 6A the middle finger for 50 years. Its time to return the favor!

Okay, so what about Male and Manual? Exiling Trinity and St. X wouldn't stop those two schools from fielding great teams. If they dominated the new class would they be removed as well? What kind of message does it send when you kick out a team for being 'too strong'? That's the kind of 'participation award' nonsense that does nothing but feed egos without requiring real work.

Scott County values their 6A championship trophy because they had to defeat the best team Louisville had to offer. Nobody removed that competition from the schedule; they beat all comers and *earned* that trophy.

How hollow would victory be if a team only won because they never had to face the best in getting there? If teams want their accomplishments to mean something it can't be because the team that could beat you was removed so you can win.

I have more respect for those that dare to climb the mountain, believing they can win, struggling with all their might, than those who would sit at the bottom, complaining that it's impossible.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think anybody in 6A would have a problem competing with HHS. HHS is not T or X. The theme of the thread is the dominance of the super district in 6A. I'm simply agreeing with that theme, but challenging the lack of response to it.

As posted earlier - KHSAA has been pushed to try to 'fix' this 'problem' since at least the 1970s. At the end of the day in the current format only 6 teams claim state championships. If you look at the results since going to 6 classes the 'dominance' is not just 6A anymore. Personally I think that more emphasis should be placed on district and regional accomplishments - but most seem to just want that one trophy and ignore other significant accomplishments for a school program - like winning district or region for the first time in school history. Or winning back-to-back district or regional championships for the first time. Or winning 4 straight region championships for the first time. Its not all about the overall championship - or shouldn't be.

Teams that 'do not have a shot' at state should still have goals to shoot for and work towards those as they are building blocks and worthy in themselves. Not everyone can get the final trophy.

Every kid wants a title. The way to get it is NOT to remove all the hurdles in the way so everyone can win a ribbon! There are thousands of kids that don't become champions. Why would you want to remove the best instead of striving to beat the best? I really don't understand this new world we are in. People feel entitled to win titles! Winning championships should not be easy!! This is the attitude that drives me crazy in NKY.

Great! Now just sign up for one of the NKy 6a coaching positions and make it happen! I see your buddy Lickert has made tremendous progress with their 4th place finish this year and their only 6A win over Boone!

Put your money where your mouth is, bud!

I don't think anybody in 6A would have a problem competing with HHS. HHS is not T or X. The theme of the thread is the dominance of the super district in 6A. I'm simply agreeing with that theme, but challenging the lack of response to it.

Funny you say that. After seeing the season play out now, I'm not sold on the fact that the Cov Cath/Dixie outcome was as much as a fluke that some want us to believe. Cov Cath was the only real measuring stick on Dixie's schedule and they didn't fair well. Might have been closer, but not 100% sure that Dixe wins. So if Dixie is the best 6A team in 20 years, then they weren't able to beat Cov Cath, who has been dominated by HHS. The NKY 6A schools haven't played HHS in years. (other that CC lately). So they have no idea what HHS is all about. Saying you wouldn't be worried about HHS is saying you could compete with GCL teams and we saw what happened against GCL "like" teams.

Great! Now just sign up for one of the NKy 6a coaching positions and make it happen! I see your buddy Lickert has made tremendous progress with their 4th place finish this year and their only 6A win over Boone!

Put your money where your mouth is, bud!

What in the world does Lickert and Camp Co have to do with this???? Are you deflecting again?? I don't have time to coach football, I already coach in high school. Different sport!

As posted earlier - KHSAA has been pushed to try to 'fix' this 'problem' since at least the 1970s. At the end of the day in the current format only 6 teams claim state championships. If you look at the results since going to 6 classes the 'dominance' is not just 6A anymore. Personally I think that more emphasis should be placed on district and regional accomplishments - but most seem to just want that one trophy and ignore other significant accomplishments for a school program - like winning district or region for the first time in school history. Or winning back-to-back district or regional championships for the first time. Or winning 4 straight region championships for the first time. Its not all about the overall championship - or shouldn't be.

Teams that 'do not have a shot' at state should still have goals to shoot for and work towards those as they are building blocks and worthy in themselves. Not everyone can get the final trophy.

Certainly schools can celebrate district and regional titles. However, here in NKy you have smaller schools just miles from you campus in ridiculously watered down classes that regularly appear in title games. You try and sell that your program on the basis of playing better competition, but every kid wants a trophy now.

What in the world does Lickert and Camp Co have to do with this???? Are you deflecting again?? I don't have time to coach football, I already coach in high school. Different sport!

Why put standards on others you are not willing to put on yourself? You are the one who asserts that 6A publics could get to the level of T and X based upon better coaching and effort. You are more than willing to hold SK and Dixie to those standards , but you want to give CC a pass. You are a hypocrite!

Certainly schools can celebrate district and regional titles. However, here in NKy you have smaller schools just miles from you campus in ridiculously watered down classes that regularly appear in title games. You try and sell that your program on the basis of playing better competition, but every kid wants a trophy now.

Louisville doesn't have any small school options? You have heard of Central, Desales and LCA, right?

Tand X offer assistance for kids from disadvantaged families, right?

Are you insinuating only Black children are disadvantaged? There were plenty of my class-mates who were just as "disadvantaged" as me, who were white. Oh, I graduated from X.

Why put standards on others you are not willing to put on yourself? You are the one who asserts that 6A publics could get to the level of T and X based upon better coaching and effort. You are more than willing to hold SK and Dixie to those standards , but you want to give CC a pass. You are a hypocrite!

Who gave CC a pass??? You brought up CC. I have talked NKY 6A the entire time. I'm talking about all of them. Dixie and SK just happen to be the best we have right now so they get most of the attention. And it's a lot more than just better coaching and effort!!! You keep saying that. It's a complete culture change. And if you know who I am, you would know that I do practice what I preach, as in the results of my team. Won't go into that unless you want to hear it.

And, on the other hand, some schools (like Trinity) do CHOOSE to educate children who even some public schools have chosen NOT to educate (i.e. children with disciplinary problems). We CHOOSE to offer a Trinity education to anyone who can pay the tuition, with or without aid. We are not exclusive.

Thank the Lord for Saint Xavier. :lol: I turned out great.

Who gave CC a pass??? You brought up CC. I have talked NKY 6A the entire time. I'm talking about all of them. Dixie and SK just happen to be the best we have right now so they get most of the attention. And it's a lot more than just better coaching and effort!!! You keep saying that. It's a complete culture change. And if you know who I am, you would know that I do practice what I preach, as in the results of my team. Won't go into that unless you want to hear it.

There is nothing relevant between girls softball and 6A football. You criticize, but put nothing constructive on the table. Other than you famous scheduling arguments what would you do to improve the competitiveness of 6A programs? Stop being a loud mouthed critic and put something constructive on the table for a change!