Best Run States

75center

Oil at the top of the list which is no shock.

I recently moved to NW Minnesota and part of the Fargo, ND Metro area so I am now officially part of #1 and #5! For as rural as ND is, it is amazing what people get paid. I went to a meeting recently and the surplus of money they have is absurd. We are talking a few billion dollars worth that they have no clue what to do with.

Minnesota is about as an employee friendly state you will find.

I recently moved to NW Minnesota and part of the Fargo, ND Metro area so I am now officially part of #1 and #5! For as rural as ND is, it is amazing what people get paid. I went to a meeting recently and the surplus of money they have is absurd. We are talking a few billion dollars worth that they have no clue what to do with.

Been hearing about ND's economy for a couple years. 2.9% unemployment these days is strong!

I was surprised as well. Their numbers hold up nicely, looks like it's driven by shale oil. I also would have expected their foreclosure rate to be higher.

IF they would look at the broad scope and the unfriendly business nature of the state as a whole, I'd be shocked if it wasn't last.

IF they would look at the broad scope and the unfriendly business nature of the state as a whole, I'd be shocked if it wasn't last.

On all these various lists they limit their rankings to a specific few categories. That way they can keep publishing the various lists to get hits I guess.

Minnesota is crazy-serious about education as well. It's all those Scandi-wegians.

Been hearing about ND's economy for a couple years. 2.9% unemployment these days is strong!

Crazy to say this, but the economy is almost too good around here. There are more jobs available in the Metro area than there are people. Think about that. About a quarter-million folks in the area. It's a struggle to find highly skilled labor.

It is as cold as can be, but do not let anyone tell you there are no jobs available in America. Bull. You may have to relocate to a Siberia like place, but there are a multitude of jobs in the upper Midwest.