Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Run States

Featured Replies

It's that too. All of your outstanding and dazzling posts have been posted in this thread............
:lol:

 

fc,550x550,royal_blue.jpg

Crazy to say this, but the economy is almost too good around here. There are more jobs available in the Metro area than there are people. Think about that. About a quarter-million folks in the area. It's a struggle to find highly skilled labor.

 

It is as cold as can be, but do not let anyone tell you there are no jobs available in America. Bull. You may have to relocate to a Siberia like place, but there are a multitude of jobs in the upper Midwest.

 

Why should anyone inconvenience themself to work? :idunno:

Oil at the top of the list which is no shock.

 

I recently moved to NW Minnesota and part of the Fargo, ND Metro area so I am now officially part of #1 and #5! For as rural as ND is, it is amazing what people get paid. I went to a meeting recently and the surplus of money they have is absurd. We are talking a few billion dollars worth that they have no clue what to do with.

 

Minnesota is about as an employee friendly state you will find.

 

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but that would be one of my worst nightmares. I am sure you had a good reason to move there, but I can't think of one.

Illinois is right where it belongs. That state sucks.

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but that would be one of my worst nightmares. I am sure you had a good reason to move there, but I can't think of one.

It's actually a huge tourist locale in this part of the country due to the lakes and hunting if you are in to that sort of thing. The winters will suck but the summer's are awesome.

Oil at the top of the list which is no shock.

 

I recently moved to NW Minnesota and part of the Fargo, ND Metro area so I am now officially part of #1 and #5! For as rural as ND is, it is amazing what people get paid. I went to a meeting recently and the surplus of money they have is absurd. We are talking a few billion dollars worth that they have no clue what to do with.

 

Minnesota is about as an employee friendly state you will find.

In all fairness, to get paid that you do have to live in ND. :D
In all fairness, to get paid that you do have to live in ND. :D

 

Yes, there are downsides to it. ;)

As well as parks and recreation. They also have a lot of lakes in case you've never heard that.

 

I spent pretty much all of July 2001 in the twin cities due to a major hail storm. I really was amazing how many of the homes I had to inspect that were on a lake. I really liked the western suburbs out around Lake Minnetonka. The people seemed really nice for the most part and the area was beautiful. That time of year it was daylight until around 10:00 P.M. The manager of the claims branch I was working for offered me a chance to stay on full time. I probably would have considered it, if I wasn't 3 weeks away from getting married, and the locals had already scarred me of what it would be like from September to May.

I spent pretty much all of July 2001 in the twin cities due to a major hail storm. I really was amazing how many of the homes I had to inspect that were on a lake. I really liked the western suburbs out around Lake Minnetonka. The people seemed really nice for the most part and the area was beautiful. That time of year it was daylight until around 10:00 P.M. The manager of the claims branch I was working for offered me a chance to stay on full time. I probably would have considered it, if I wasn't 3 weeks away from getting married, and the locals had already scarred me of what it would be like from September to May.
I can't get over how nice the people are around here. Further north where I am during the peak times it will be light 19 hours of the day. Of course now that we are approaching winter solstice the hours of light are from 8-4:30. Lack of Vitamin D.

Being I grew up in Texas I am glad it is in the top 10 but I grew up during the end of oil boom and oil bust. When it busts it busts ugly but I am hoping it doesn't happen but it will eventually but when it does there will be A LOT of people (friends & family) who will be hurting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.