9th Region Top bench players to watch

Since I've noticed a few names missing from the Top 10 players list, I thought I start one asking for the players or bench players to look out for this upcoming season. Players like Gambrel (Conner), McClendon (Holy Cross), Ford (Boone) & Jones (Ryle) that are strong players & do a lot for the team but don't get the respect/spotlight they deserve!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start with the team I know and go from there.

You listed

Gambrell - Stud - take her on any team.

McClendon - Stud - Love her game. Gets better every time I see her.

Ford - Very nice player on both sides of the ball

Jones - Great length and athleticism

Here's my added.

McKenzie Liegh - HHS (really unbelievable shes not on the list. Heck, at the Louisville camp, everyone was asking if Jeff (walz) was looking at her and if thats why HHS was invited!

Alex Combs - HHS - Probably ask good (in different ways) as half the list.

Haley Coffey - HHS- One of the players (like Gabrel) that doesn't get any recognition because she doesn't score a lot. Has the ability to score, but understands her role

Schwartz - Ryle - Love her game. Has learned over the years to see the floor and with her length and shooting ability, makes it tough on the opposition.

Stall - ND Has turned into a really nice player. Shoots lights out and improved ballhanding

Kennedy Baugh - ND Very nice role player. Can do a little of everything and a very good athlete.

Mo Gully - Holmes Looking for a break out year from her. She has all the tools and gets better every time she takes the floor.

Janea Harris - Holmes - Just a player full of energy. Don't want her guarding me! Super fast and can finish.

Tyra Englmon - Holmes - Stud in the making, if not already. Really strong player.

Jaynice Stovall - Holmes - Lighting fast. No lazy passes when shes on the floor and has the ability to blow your doors off!!!

Hanna Tubbs - Holmes - Possible player of the year!!!

Alexus Mayes - Holmes - Been a top player for two years for NCC.

Lexi Held - upcoming stud. I know there are others on Cooper but I can't remember. Sorry!!!

Ali Johnson - Beechwood - Has all the offensive tools and even plays defense! Getting D1 looks as a soph and not even on the list!

Macy Steumpel - Beechwood - 1000 point scorer as a sophomore! Did it against us!

Devan Cheatum - Lloyd - I think she is a really nice player.

Ansley Davenport - NCC - I look for her to have a nice year. The studs are gone and it's time for her to step up and I think she will.

Kylie Orr - Newport - Been a solid player for about 3 years and she still only a JR! Plays bigger than she is and has good court vision.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but that's all I got for now! So sorry if I missed someone!

IS THIS BETTER DG21???

You listed

Here's my added.

McKenzie Liegh - HHS (really unbelievable shes not on the list. Heck, at the Louisville camp, everyone was asking if Jeff (walz) was looking at her and if thats why HHS was invited!

Haley Coffey - HHS- One of the players (like Gabrel) that doesn't get any recognition because she doesn't score a lot. Has the ability to score, but understands her role

Schwartz - Ryle - Love her game. Has learned over the years to see the floor and with her length and shooting ability, makes it tough on the opposition.

Stall - ND Has turned into a really nice player. Shoots lights out and improved ballhanding

Kennedy Baugh - ND Very nice role player. Can do a little of everything and a very good athlete.

Mo Gully - Holmes Looking for a break out year from her. She has all the tools and gets better every time she takes the floor.

Janea Harris - Holmes - Just a player full of energy. Don't want her guarding me! Super fast and can finish.

Tyra Englmon - Holmes - Stud in the making, if not already. Really strong player.

Jaynice Stovall - Holmes - Lighting fast. No lazy passes when shes on the floor and has the ability to blow your doors off!!!

Lexi Held - upcoming stud. I know there are others on Cooper but I can't remember. Sorry!!!

Ali Johnson - Beechwood - Has all the offensive tools and even plays defense! Getting D1 looks as a soph and not even on the list!

Macy Steumpel - Beechwood - 1000 point scorer as a sophomore! Did it against us!

Ansley Davenport - NCC - I look for her to have a nice year. The studs are gone and it's time for her to step up and I think she will.

Kylie Orr - Newport - Been a solid player for about 3 years and she still only a JR! Plays bigger than she is and has good court vision.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but that's all I got for now! So sorry if I missed someone!

IS THIS BETTER DG21???

Already forgot one...the other Mayhause twin is good too!

That's 22 "other" players that in my opinion are worth recognition and could have an argument to being on the list. Some more of an argument than others, but all would bring a nice resume to the table.

That's 22 "other" players that in my opinion are worth recognition and could have an argument to being on the list. Some more of an argument than others, but all would bring a nice resume to the table.

No argument here , all very nice players !:thumb:

You listed

Here's my added.

IS THIS BETTER DG21???

I think you have a strong list there and there are no doubt many others. As the Raider Cheerleader, you might be combining two players at Ryle as Jump has the length at 6'2...strong inside defender that can score in the paint.. Jones sees the floor well and can knock down the 3 as well as drive.

I think you have a strong list there and there are no doubt many others. As the Raider Cheerleader, you might be combining two players at Ryle as Jump has the length at 6'2...strong inside defender that can score in the paint.. Jones sees the floor well and can knock down the 3 as well as drive.

I did! Sorry about that! You have too many 6'2" girls with pony tails!!! I know both well!

You listed

Here's my added.

Take it easy there Jon Gruden - everyone's a stud who has all the tools, is full of energy, lightning quick, and gets better all the time ? If there's 23 girls that good in NKY, then a local team would win state every year, and D1 coaches would be buying, not leasing condos here. I understand your enthusiasm in wanting to recognize players, but not everyone is going to be a top 10 player - or even top 20.

Take it easy there Jon Gruden - everyone's a stud who has all the tools, is full of energy, lightning quick, and gets better all the time ? If there's 23 girls that good in NKY, then a local team would win state every year, and D1 coaches would be buying, not leasing condos here. I understand your enthusiasm in wanting to recognize players, but not everyone is going to be a top 10 player - or even top 20.

Well you better read it again. Don't think I said ALL of them had ALL of those things. And when referring to "studs", some were noted as upcoming studs. And I'm ranking and describing them as they are compared to the others in the 9th...like the thread is titled. And if you're not aware, the 9th and NKY has some really nice talent coming up in the next couple years and they are starting to filter in now.

But just because...I call two kids studs and they are for the 9th and how they contribute. And two others upcoming studs because they are incoming freshman that are going to be very good. So I use the "stud'' reference 4 time for 23 players and two are those are noted as future. So I'm not buying what you're selling. And if you knew the players I listed, I would be just about anyone that knows them all would say I am pretty close to spot on with most of them.

Where you are mistaking is you are blanketing everything I said about individuals across them all. Just because I say a kid is lighting fast and can finish doesn't mean I think she is a D1 prospect and scouts are camping out. I shared what I felt are the good points of the individuals. And they are all pretty much spot on.

Ask the rest of the board that knows what they are talking about...

Oh...I think you meant to say...thanks RCC9 for taking the time to answer the post and recognize some of the other girls that deserve it!

I agree with your assessment of Leigh. Is there a tougher player to match up with in the 9th? She can play out of the post, has good handles and shoots the 3 very well.

I agree. And not to keep tooting her horn, but she is also fast and can get out and trap without being vulnerable to getting beat to the basket. She is a perfect big for what HHS does. Could be a little stronger to the basket at times, but she knows I would tell her that to her face. Spent many hours beating her with football pads!

I agree. And not to keep tooting her horn, but she is also fast and can get out and trap without being vulnerable to getting beat to the basket. She is a perfect big for what HHS does. Could be a little stronger to the basket at times, but she knows I would tell her that to her face. Spent many hours beating her with football pads!

Knowing McKenzie, she probably just smiled. Great kid...perhaps a little to nice when it's time to lace them on.

She always has and will have great potential because of her length and athleticism.

Physicality, in the past, has been a weakness for her in some situations (post offense and defense). She is certainly more of a "finesse" player. But this makes her very dangerous when a big is trying to guard her on the perimeter.

I could be wrong on this, but the way I see it, her perimeter game improving more than her post game probably helps her if she wants to play in college. A 6' wing player would be more valuable than a 6 footer that plays post only.

Knowing McKenzie, she probably just smiled. Great kid...perhaps a little to nice when it's time to lace them on.

She always has and will have great potential because of her length and athleticism.

Physicality, in the past, has been a weakness for her in some situations (post offense and defense). She is certainly more of a "finesse" player. But this makes her very dangerous when a big is trying to guard her on the perimeter.

I could be wrong on this, but the way I see it, her perimeter game improving more than her post game probably helps her if she wants to play in college. A 6' wing player would be more valuable than a 6 footer that plays post only.

Great insight...and you know I know her well and I can tell you she is gaining strength in the post and playing much more aggressive. Still needs to get a little "meaner" IMO, but still only a JR!! But she is dangerous if you don't have a mobile big to guard her! One of our best three point shooters on our team and a quick first step!

Great insight...and you know I know her well and I can tell you she is gaining strength in the post and playing much more aggressive. Still needs to get a little "meaner" IMO' date=' but still only a JR!! But she is dangerous if you don't have a mobile big to guard her! One of our best three point shooters on our team and a quick first step![/quote']

I too hope she works on strength and confidence! I told the wife she is to nice. I am a fan watch out if she realizes how good she could be. I have the same problem in our household on the boys side. There is talent in the 9th for those of us that are always in the opposite gym, I appreciate learning the girls names if I can catch a game.