St. Xavier (OH) 24 Lasalle (OH) 21

Another interesting score - at least for HHS fans - is the Elder-Moeller score tonight. Moeller beat Elder 26-17. Two turnovers doomed Elder - Moeller had none. Elder was up 7-3 in the second quarter when QB Ramsey hit a receiver on a long pass...looked like he was going in for a score but got tackled on the two yard line and fumbled ball into the end zone with Moeller recovering. Instead of Elder going up 14-3, Moeller got the ball back and made it 7-6 at half time. Elder fumbled the second half kickoff and Moeller scored on the next play to go up 13-7. Those two plays completely turned the game around.

Didn't X kick a field goal as time expired to win it? I thought I heard that on the radio.

Less than 30 seconds to go I believe. Sounds like it was a great game. Lasalle had over 300 yards rushing and lost! That does NOT happen very often at any level of football.

The GCL is very interesting this year and tough to figure out.

It is sort of like the NFL...instead of "on any given Sunday" it is "on any given Friday night". Take Elder for example. They beat St. Ed's, who was the number one ranked team in the state and very highly nationally ranked in some poles at the time...but could very possibly go 0-3 in the GCL! Crazy...