My Top 26 Players in NKY at each position to this point of the year. IMO

This is still the TOP 26 players in NKY thread right? Stokes and Burns, again nice players not top 26 level, sorry. That's what this tread is about, the best 26 players at each position, in NKY.

I didn't say Stokes or Burns should be listed as one of the top 26. You misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying they have been more of a consistent WR's for Beechwood and your boy is a better LB is all.

I never said they should be on your list.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to make sure this is right, you'd put Slusher at LB, over Deaton, Woolf, Owens, and Pitzer, right? OK, then who would Slusher start over of these 4 other players at LB?

Then maybe he doesn't make the list then.

Or maybe you do what BGP does each year and also include a category for ATH which is what Slusher is. He's good wherever you put him.

This is still the TOP 26 players in NKY thread right? Stokes and Burns, again nice players not top 26 level, sorry. That's what this tread is about, the best 26 players at each position, in NKY.

Top 26 players or Top 26 at each position, each position that is a lot of players....

OK, but getting offers doesn't mean he's the best TE. There will be some players in the state of KY that get offers because of there size, and there size only. I think Hedger is a nice player, but just because you get an offer or signed with a school, doesn't make you the best at your position. I'd agree he's probable the best TE in NKY. Relax.

At camps hedger wasn't the only 6'5 230lb TE that showed up. In fact most are that size. Kids from all over the U.S. So it's more than size only. when you compete vs 15 20 TEs that are your size.

Did you see what Slusher did against Cov. Cath this past weekend on Off. and special teams? Watch the tape, then get back with me. NO way he's a better LB, then receiver, NO WAY!

Sorry, but I agree that Slusher is better at LB than WR. And I don't disagree with you that he is very good at WR. But he is better at LB.

I also vouch for Stokes at TE. He is the best receiver at TE I have seen this year.

Sorry, but I agree that Slusher is better at LB than WR. And I don't disagree with you that he is very good at WR. But he is better at LB.

I also vouch for Stokes at TE. He is the best receiver at TE I have seen this year.

I would take Stokes over Hedger at TE. Much much more athletic..

So D-1 coaches dont take the best kids? Kids are getting over looked?

They take the kids who have the physical traits to play. That doesn't mean that those kids are outplaying every other kid at their position in high school. They often are but there are kids who don't have the size or speed that are out there outplaying the recruits. We see it every year. Don't know if it's happening in this case or not, just saying it's a possibility and TE is a tough position to determine due to the lack of use by most schools. I think it is the most under utilized position in high school. Don't understand why.

Hedger is a much better blocker. TEs Blocks 90% of the time.

Depends on the offense. Same could be said w/ a lot of the guys on the list. When you get to the last 16ish, you could start subbing kids, potentially. The ones picked generally play in a system that highlights them better or play for better teams that allow them to get into position to do impressive things. It is the situation where, if you take player A from Team A, he would perform better if he was put on Team B and Player B would suffer on Team A.

So D-1 coaches dont take the best kids? Kids are getting over looked?

Anyone who thinks that D-1 players are always the best at their positions are being naive.

D-1 looks at size #1 and speed etc.

Just because someone is going D-1 does not always mean he is the best in the area at that position. There are plenty of kids who don't attend camps etc and will never get noticed because of that yet they are among the best at their positions etc.

Anyone who thinks that D-1 players are always the best at their positions are being naive.

D-1 looks at size #1 and speed etc.

Just because someone is going D-1 does not always mean he is the best in the area at that position. There are plenty of kids who don't attend camps etc and will never get noticed because of that yet they are among the best at their positions etc.

Wont get noticed beacuse of size/speed or are you saying kids are D-1 they just dont get noticed???