Johnson Central 65 BetsyLayne 61 OT

Another gutsy performance by Johnson Central. The Golden Eagles took advantage of a host of Betsy Layne mistakes. But I will say that Johnson Central played some pretty good defense as well. It was good to see McCarty start shooting the ball better and the Golden Eagles made some big free throws down the stretch. Tyler Whitaker knocked down some big free throws at the end.

One note...Brandon Kidd was held to 4 points in the game and those points came in the first half.

Congrats Eagles.

Two games that I thought Central would win pretty easy but didn't. Survive and move on. The breaks have gone Centrals way and I really think they will go to RUPP. Pikeville in the first round was a great draw. Betsy Lane instead of PCC was a nice suprise. Valley instead of Belfry or Paintsville is icing on the cake! I think the Eagles represent the 15th next week. Congrats to JC.

Thacker and his foul trouble was a big difference. Also, JC having 30 FT's didn't hurt either.

LOL

I dont know how many free throws that BL attempted, but Johnson Central did not use the 30 attempts to their advantage that is for sure. I dont know what the final FT % was for the game but near the end of regulation they had only shot 44% at the line as a team.

LOL

I dont know how many free throws that BL attempted, but Johnson Central did not use the 30 attempts to their advantage that is for sure. I dont know what the final FT % was for the game but near the end of regulation they had only shot 44% at the line as a team.

Try 22-35 for Johnson Central while Betsy Layne shot 6-15. :irked:

That's not to make excuses for Betsy Layne. B. Case for Betsy Layne missed FT's that should've sealed it up for the Bobcats. And of course, the Bobcats gave the game away late in the OT, with no pressure on the inbounds and an open layup on the other end for Fannin.

Try 22-35 for Johnson Central while Betsy Layne shot 6-15. :irked:

That's not to make excuses for Betsy Layne. B. Case for Betsy Layne missed FT's that should've sealed it up for the Bobcats. And of course, the Bobcats gave the game away late in the OT, with no pressure on the inbounds and an open layup on the other end for Fannin.

That is still just 63% for the game for JC and 40 % for BL. That's not great shooting by either team. Do you know how many shots were taken during regulation and how many were taken during the OT?

I also thought that JC gave BL several opportunities to take the win in the OT and regulation.Both teams had a couple of bad spurts.

That is still just 63% for the game for JC and 40 % for BL. That's not great shooting by either team. Do you know how many shots were taken during regulation and how many were taken during the OT?

I also thought that JC gave BL several opportunities to take the win in the OT and regulation.Both teams had a couple of bad spurts.

22-6 made at the line is still huge...BL had the game won and gave it away...bottom line is a bad team will be representing the 15th in Rupp...they probably will wear their unis on the bus and keep it running...

22-6 made at the line is still huge...BL had the game won and gave it away...bottom line is a bad team will be representing the 15th in Rupp...they probably will wear their unis on the bus and keep it running...

Correct me if I misinterpreted your quote. Are you saying that BL would have represented the 15th Region better than either Johnson Central or Shelby Valley?

You sure are a class act Leager.