MLB Playoff Picture

Tell ya what, if the AL ends up with a four-team playoff bracket that looks like this:

A's vs. Angels

Tigers vs. Orioles.

That could be fun to watch. Good teams with good pitching. Angels have been a force since the break though. They gotta be the favorite.

In the NL, I'm not sure. Senators have pitched really well for a month plus now. Cards are doing what they do, get hot late. Dodgers and Giants trade being hot back and forth.

Not sure who is really good in this league.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A's are looking awful tonight. The longer this goes, the more I want to stick a fork in them. Tepesch has held them to 2 runs through 5, the offense looks awful, and the Rangers have already chased Kazmir.

I think the Angels are the class of the AL, but I don't know how they'll do in a playoff series given the fact that they've replaced Richards with smoke and mirrors so far. Once things get down to it in a tight playoff series, they'll start to miss him, especially when it comes to the amount of innings they'll have to throw their bullpen.

That might not catch up with them right away, especially given the fact that the team facing them will have had to have come out of a one-and-done game before they even get to that series, but it's something I can see getting them once they get to the ALCS (if not sooner).

As an A's fan, I'll hold out hope that they catch fire. Maybe the Rangers are just playing free and loose right now given the fact that they have a new manager, have just swept the Braves, and, most importantly, have some guys who are young, hungry, and are getting their shot at sticking around in the majors with this being their audition, they've just got on a roll of their own.

Regardless, the last few weeks have been a hot dumpster fire if you are an A's fan, no two ways about that.

A's appear to be a big train rolling down a short track (train wreck coming). But, they did take two of three from the Mariners over the weekend, and haven't lost any ground in the wild card race for about a week. May end up playing at KC, may end up hosting. But I feel slightly better about them than I did a week ago.

The Angels are a boss, but they'll still have work cut out for them in October. Too many good teams in the AL.

In the National League, I think it's whoever is hot at the moment. Nationals, Cards, or Dodgers could all win it.

Lots of talk around the beltway about an Orioles/Nationals World Series. That would be pretty cool. We've seen a subway series, a bay-area series, a Show Me State series, why not this?

Guess the folks in SoCal would be pretty primed for an Angels/Dodgers series. Seats may fill by the third inning for those bad boys.

They're stupid. Freddie is on the hot seat IMO.

Gattis and BJ will be gone this offseason.

Sucks the season with Santana was wasted.

Who in the heck would take BJ? And Gattis was one of our only hitters, why move him? I realize Bethancourt is supposed to be better defensive but they need offense.

Wonder how Justin will handle BJ getting moved...

A's are up on Texas and can clinch a playoff berth with a win and a Seattle loss. Unfortunately, Josh Donaldson came up grabbing his leg after diving on a ball. He later pulled up hard scoring from 2nd on a hit.

Oakland is killing the ball right now and are up 6-1 in the top of the 5th. ESPN ran an article on them today about how their struggles might not matter come playoff time and just as I got my hopes up... yep. Donaldson.

Life as an A's fan this year... it's like the reverse of being a Cubs fan and thinking, "we may not be good now, but look at what we're building". This was the A's year if there was one, they took a rental on Lester, and the wheels are coming off. Just when things look up, the bottom falls out again.