LHL: Cordia Appeals KHSAA Penalties

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continue to fight it in court. It really seems silly IMO. Just had 10 violations removed and they get to play this year...after severe violations. Take your medicine and move forward.

Agreed. What can they gain by going to court? Even if they went to court and won wouldn't most of this season be over already? Time, energy, focus and money should be elsewhere.

With only 15 games to play, do you risk using 6-7 in the tournament and schedule only 7-8 regular season games? What if you lose in the regional All A tournament and wasted games anticipating going further? What if you get to the state final of the ALL A and exceed the 15 games? Also, probably need to consider keeping your contracts with existing teams.

You do it because it gives the kids something to play for and they can still have an opportunity to capture some type of title.

They probably know the All A Games they would/wouldn't win within 2-3 games and could probably fill in the rest of their games with the 3-4 games (that they'd likely be off if they guessed, at most) that they had to rush to fill in.

I wouldn't have any problem with playing them, but I would venture to say that they will be pretty much a traveling team for those 15 games as well. I don't know too many coaches who will be looking for a game & will be willing to drive to them. I would see it the other way around just from my standpoint. They need the rest of the teams in the KHSAA to play a game right now more than the majority need Cordia.

Will be interesting to see if they will still play their district schedule & since they have a post-season ban, will those games be counted against their district counterparts in regards to seeding.

A lot of things still to figure out honestly.

Honest question: if you were a head coach in Kentucky and had an opening on your schedule, would you play a game against Cordia this season?

Yes.

If I'm Lexington Catholic and the Lexington-Fayette Publics won't play me but I want a game to simulate their athleticism, then I call Rhodes. They already played one another last year and Rhodes might be willing to be sold on doing a return game in Lexington since that'd be a bigger stage to get some of his kids exposure.

I wouldn't have any problem with playing them, but I would venture to say that they will be pretty much a traveling team for those 15 games as well. I don't know too many coaches who will be looking for a game & will be willing to drive to them. I would see it the other way around just from my standpoint. They need the rest of the teams in the KHSAA to play a game right now more than the majority need Cordia.

Will be interesting to see if they will still play their district schedule & since they have a post-season ban, will those games be counted against their district counterparts in regards to seeding.

A lot of things still to figure out honestly.

All great points.

That's just plain dumb, IMO.

Why?

They've already took the fight this far and have a ton of sunk costs. They've already gotten some of the penalties eroded.

They aren't going to be able to build their program playing only 15 games per year and no postseason, so why not? What do they have to lose?

People were acting like it was stupid for them to even appeal, but they've already had the KHSAA themselves (the organization who brought the charges in the first place) overturn a significant number of their findings.

As of now, I'd even speculate as saying that the KHSAA might have dropped the least severe penalties as window dressing and have dragged it on this long so that they wouldn't have lots of time to settle it in court before the season started.

All that said, it's still a fact that Cordia has taken them to court twice and won both times (and the last time was in Franklin County, despite people being misinformed and thinking it was some favorable hometown Judge or something).

Yes.

If I'm Lexington Catholic and the Lexington-Fayette Publics won't play me but I want a game to simulate their athleticism, then I call Rhodes. They already played one another last year and Rhodes might be willing to be sold on doing a return game in Lexington since that'd be a bigger stage to get some of his kids exposure.

Concerning the ban, no matter what, I would say that the Fayette County schools have contracts that run thru this year, so even if they do go back to a regular season schedule ban, they will have to play out the contracts.

If I am Cordia and I'm stuck with the penalties, I try to play as many King of the Bluegrass, LIT, Republic Bank Classic events as I can. I try to schedule Lexington Catholic given what's going on in the 11th.

If there are tournament games that go over/under, then I know that some teams will be having games cancelled due to weather later in the year and I give myself some breathing room and take a wait and see once the cancellations roll in and other teams are in the same situation I'm in insofar as having to scramble to get games in.

Concerning the ban, no matter what, I would say that either the Fayette County schools have contracts that run thru this year, so even if they do go back to a regular season schedule ban, they will have to play out the contracts.

Definitely. I'm just saying that schools like Catholic who other area programs aren't exactly lining up to play but can still provide top flight competition would be my first look.