13th Region Pairings

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you make it this far no team is lucky to be playing, they are doing something right. LC beat Pineville on thier home floor they earned the right to play in the region. It is not their fault what district they play in. It seemed most of the districts have weak teams in them since LC made it because they are weak. Lynn Camp has beaten at least two teams in each of the other districts. 49th Red Bird and Jackson, 50th Whitley and Williamsburg, 51st Pineville and Knox Central, and 52nd Cumberland and Evarts.

All those teams LC beat, in case you havent noticed, are the bottom of the rung when it comes to the 13th. Not to mention that both Red Bird and Jackson also beat LC later on in the season.

Lynn Camp has 1 good region win, and that is against P'ville. Besides that, they shouldnt even still be playing.

I have to disagree with you on this one. The Campers deserve to be here. Granted, the Campers aren't one of the top five in the region, they a a good team WHEN they share the ball. It seems like they ahve two different teams at time.

Now I know why UK's football team never imrpoves, the players stay on Bluegrasspreps.com all the time....I just kidding. I talked to your dada the other day by the way.

I have to disagree with you on this one. The Campers deserve to be here. Granted, the Campers aren't one of the top five in the region, they a a good team WHEN they share the ball. It seems like they ahve two different teams at time.

Now I know why UK's football team never imrpoves, the players stay on Bluegrasspreps.com all the time....I just kidding. I talked to your dada the other day by the way.

:laugh: No, not all of them. Just those interested in getting involved in KY HS sports later on in life.

So did I. I am taking it you talked to him at the SL Bell game or SL Corbin game???

All those teams LC beat, in case you havent noticed, are the bottom of the rung when it comes to the 13th. Not to mention that both Red Bird and Jackson also beat LC later on in the season.

Lynn Camp has 1 good region win, and that is against P'ville. Besides that, they shouldnt even still be playing.

Lynn Camp beating Pineville is what got them into the regional tournament. I personally believe that Pineville was the best team in Bell Co. and the Wildcats beat them on their own floor in a do or die game. So...................they obviously deserve to be in the regional tournament and I'm with LC99 that they could play with anyone in the region with the exception of South and maybe Barbourville, who are the two most talented teams in the region!

Congrats to Lynn Camp and good luck against South!

Lynn Camp beating Pineville is what got them into the regional tournament. I personally believe that Pineville was the best team in Bell Co. and the Wildcats beat them on their own floor in a do or die game. So...................they obviously deserve to be in the regional tournament and I'm with LC99 that they could play with anyone in the region with the exception of South and maybe Barbourville, who are the two most talented teams in the region!

Congrats to Lynn Camp and good luck against South!

Lynn Camp cant play with any of the teams in the region tourney, period. What makes you even think they can? Because they beat Pineville, who beat Corbin. :sssh: Comeon man. Here is LC's season for you.....Harlan destroyed them by 19, Bell beat them by 14, Barbourville waxed them twice. P'ville destroyed them by 20 earlier in the season.

I understand that their win over P'ville is what got them into the region tourney and a win is a win, you cant take that away from LC. That is exactly why I said it is the only notable region win that Lynn Camp has at this point, and it will be the only notable region win that Lynn Camp will have this season.

So P'ville is the best team in Bell Co.??? That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard all year. :rolleyes: Are we forgetting Bell Co., a team that is STILL PLAYING, and playing as good as any team in the region right now (besides SL of course)?

Pineville was the result of a cake schedule, period. Not taking anything away from them. They were a solid team, capable of playing with anyone in the region at times, and Coach Strange did a wonderful job. If they had played Bell it would have been the same ole story it has been for as long as I can remember.

Just because P'ville beat one good region team (Corbin), and then LC upsets P'ville because, doesnt mean LC can hang with the best in the region. LC beating P'ville is a complete anomoly.

I guess you would say that P'ville is the best in Bell Co. considering P'ville did beat Corbin late in the season. :sssh: Something that Bell Co. didnt do early in the season, but that they would do at this point.

Barbourville is the second most talented team in the region??? Are we forgetting Bell, a team that beat Barbourville late in the season? Are we forgetting Clay or NL? Sure Barbourville is good, but not at all the second most talented. They are right in line with about 6 other teams in this region as far as talent goes.

I guess you would say that Barbourville is the 2nd most talented considering they won Corbin's Cumberland Falls Invite. :sssh:

Ok 14..... You love to debate things...... Have you ever heard of matchups? Some teams simply play better against certain others due to the make up of their respective team.........you can not say because team A beats team B, that Team A would beat team C who lost to team B........ South is the best...we all agree with you there. After that Clay because they are good and playing at home....other than LC being 8 due to inconsistency..... I think we could make a case for any of the other being 3 thru 7....matchups are the key....let's hope when this settles the teams that earn it this week....those that are playing the best basketball right now...get to play for all the marbles. Give us fans a break and let us support our hopes that South can be beaten....kinda like UK beating Florida, LSU, Tennessee,Alabama, Auburn, Louisville in football.... we have to believe to keep our hopes up...

Ok 14..... You love to debate things...... Have you ever heard of matchups? Some teams simply play better against certain others due to the make up of their respective team.........you can not say because team A beats team B, that Team A would beat team C who lost to team B........ South is the best...we all agree with you there. After that Clay because they are good and playing at home....other than LC being 8 due to inconsistency..... I think we could make a case for any of the other being 3 thru 7....matchups are the key....let's hope when this settles the teams that earn it this week....those that are playing the best basketball right now...get to play for all the marbles. Give us fans a break and let us support our hopes that South can be beaten....kinda like UK beating Florida, LSU, Tennessee,Alabama, Auburn, Louisville in football.... we have to believe to keep our hopes up...

I am not saying that "because team A beat team B that team A can beat team C who lost to team B." I am not saying anything like that at all. If you think that then you are misunderstanding me.

I totally understand matchups, and that is why I think LC is totally undermanned and overmatched when playing any team in the region tourney.

I agree. SL is the best, followed by EITHER Bell or Clay. Probably Clay considering the region is at Clay, but Bell is as hot as any team at this point.

I dont think you can make a good argument that 2-8 are even. I think you can make a good argument for 2-7 being even. But IMO SL and LC are the 2 outliers. SL is the definitive best and LC is the definitive worst. Everyone else is pretty much even, with Clay having a slight advantage since they play at home. If you want to see how I think the teams are ranked and why, then check out the 13th region rankings thread.

I am not saying that LC cant play with the 2-7 teams, because anything is possible, and that is why they play the games. However this is extremely unlikely, and its even more unlikely that they would win against any of those teams.

If someone can make a good argument for LC being able to win against any team in the regional tourney then please make it. Besides their win over P'ville and the close game they had against Clay, there is no legit argument for them being able to EVEN play with any team in this regional tourney.

Since the New Year LC has lost to Barbourville, Jackson Co, Red Bird, Clay, and Harlan. 3 of those teams are sitting at the house right now. Barbourville waxed LC twice.

Lynn Camp isnt that good IMO. They got lucky and beat P'ville, who also isnt that good IMO, and was the most overrated 20 win team in the region. Who did they beat besides Corbin???

The only way to think that LC could possibly upset SL, or play with any other team in the region, is blind faith and irrational hope. I totally respect that....... but I just think its unrealistic.

Lynn Camp cant play with any of the teams in the region tourney, period. What makes you even think they can? Because they beat Pineville, who beat Corbin. :sssh: Comeon man. Here is LC's season for you.....Harlan destroyed them by 19, Bell beat them by 14, Barbourville waxed them twice. P'ville destroyed them by 20 earlier in the season.

I understand that their win over P'ville is what got them into the region tourney and a win is a win, you cant take that away from LC. That is exactly why I said it is the only notable region win that Lynn Camp has at this point, and it will be the only notable region win that Lynn Camp will have this season.

So P'ville is the best team in Bell Co.??? That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard all year. :rolleyes: Are we forgetting Bell Co., a team that is STILL PLAYING, and playing as good as any team in the region right now (besides SL of course)?

Pineville was the result of a cake schedule, period. Not taking anything away from them. They were a solid team, capable of playing with anyone in the region at times, and Coach Strange did a wonderful job. If they had played Bell it would have been the same ole story it has been for as long as I can remember.

Just because P'ville beat one good region team (Corbin), and then LC upsets P'ville because, doesnt mean LC can hang with the best in the region. LC beating P'ville is a complete anomoly.

I guess you would say that P'ville is the best in Bell Co. considering P'ville did beat Corbin late in the season. :sssh: Something that Bell Co. didnt do early in the season, but that they would do at this point.

Barbourville is the second most talented team in the region??? Are we forgetting Bell, a team that beat Barbourville late in the season? Are we forgetting Clay or NL? Sure Barbourville is good, but not at all the second most talented. They are right in line with about 6 other teams in this region as far as talent goes.

I guess you would say that Barbourville is the 2nd most talented considering they won Corbin's Cumberland Falls Invite. :sssh:

Corbin played Pineville and Bell Co. within a week's time, not one early in the season and one late in the season, in fact they were both in the middle of the season. Of all the district winners, Bell would have been the best draw for Corbin without a doubt.

I'm not a Barbourville fan, but I see them as the #2 team in the region. They have more offensive threats than any of the other teams and their 2-3 zone is very effective when they play it aggressively. Their strength of schedule hurts them though.

Why cut down Lynn Camp on their accomplishment of making it to the region, it is a very good thing for their school and it should be viewed as a positive and not the joke you make it out to be. An anology that you might understand would be the UK football team making it to a bowl game and the rest of the SEC knocking it because UK only beat weak non-conference teams and the bottom tier teams in the conference.

Here are my picks for the 13th region tourney, winners in boldface.

North Laurel vs Bell County

South Laurel vs Lynn Camp

North Laurel vs South Laurel

Barbourville vs Cawood

Corbin vs Clay County

Barbourville vs Clay County

FINALS

South Laurel vs Clay County

Corbin played Pineville and Bell Co. within a week's time, not one early in the season and one late in the season, in fact they were both in the middle of the season. Of all the district winners, Bell would have been the best draw for Corbin without a doubt.

I'm not a Barbourville fan, but I see them as the #2 team in the region. They have more offensive threats than any of the other teams and their 2-3 zone is very effective when they play it aggressively. Their strength of schedule hurts them though.

Why cut down Lynn Camp on their accomplishment of making it to the region, it is a very good thing for their school and it should be viewed as a positive and not the joke you make it out to be. An anology that you might understand would be the UK football team making it to a bowl game and the rest of the SEC knocking it because UK only beat weak non-conference teams and the bottom tier teams in the conference.

I think the best draw for Corbin, or any team in the region for that matter, would not have been Bell, it would have been Lynn Camp, and then probably Cawood. Bell is as hot as any team at this point, and as inconsistently as Corbin as been playing, Bell is not who the Hounds wanted to face.

As far as Barbourville goes..... yes there strength of schedule hurts them, and so does there loss to Bell Co if we are taking your point of view. If Bell Co. isnt even the best team in the county, as you asserted earlier, then Barbourville's loss to Bell looks pretty bad.

I think you can make an argument for B'ville being the #2 team, but at this point, I dont think they are the #2 team. It will be interesting to see how they fair in the region tourney. They may not even get past Cawood. Then again Bell may not get past North.

I am not trying to cut down Lynn Camp's accomplishment of making it to the region tourney. Is it a crime to believe that Lynn Camp is totally overmatched and that they cant win against any of the teams in the region tourney? Just because my opinion differs from yours doesnt mean that I am trying to make a joke of anything.

As far as your UK analogy...... if we made it to any bowl game I wouldnt give a rats behind what any other SEC team had to say about it. I am pretty sure that Lynn Camp doesnt give a hoot what I am saying about there trip to the region tourney.

Some people on this board love to get sooooooooo personal with there comments, as well as take some things I say wayyyyyyyy too personal. I am simply arguing KY HS sports, and have no hard feelings or personal interests whatsoever. If you disagree with me thats cool, but understand that I call them like I see them (and I try to be as objective, and level headed as possible), and if that offends someone then just ignore my posts.

I think the best draw for Corbin, or any team in the region for that matter, would not have been Bell, it would have been Lynn Camp, and then probably Cawood. Bell is as hot as any team at this point, and as inconsistently as Corbin as been playing, Bell is not who the Hounds wanted to face.

As far as Barbourville goes..... yes there strength of schedule hurts them, and so does there loss to Bell Co if we are taking your point of view. If Bell Co. isnt even the best team in the county, as you asserted earlier, then Barbourville's loss to Bell looks pretty bad.

I think you can make an argument for B'ville being the #2 team, but at this point, I dont think they are the #2 team. It will be interesting to see how they fair in the region tourney. They may not even get past Cawood. Then again Bell may not get past North.

I am not trying to cut down Lynn Camp's accomplishment of making it to the region tourney. Is it a crime to believe that Lynn Camp is totally overmatched and that they cant win against any of the teams in the region tourney? Just because my opinion differs from yours doesnt mean that I am trying to make a joke of anything.

As far as your UK analogy...... if we made it to any bowl game I wouldnt give a rats behind what any other SEC team had to say about it. I am pretty sure that Lynn Camp doesnt give a hoot what I am saying about there trip to the region tourney.

Some people on this board love to get sooooooooo personal with there comments, as well as take some things I say wayyyyyyyy too personal. I am simply arguing KY HS sports, and have no hard feelings or personal interests whatsoever. If you disagree with me thats cool, but understand that I call them like I see them (and I try to be as objective, and level headed as possible), and if that offends someone then just ignore my posts.

Corbin had to play a district winner and they could not play South, so the choices would be Bell, Barbourville or Clay Co. Due to match-ups, Bell would be better for Corbin because they are not nearly as physical as the other two and teams that have played physical(Jackson Co., Pineville, South Laurel, Clay) have caused problems for Corbin.

I agree that if UK wins 6 games and makes it to a bowl, I don't care who they beat and that was the same point that I was trying to make for Lynn Camp making it to the region. Their trips to the region have been so few and far between that I feel that they should be congratulated on this one, so maybe I took what you were saying out of context.

We are a joke we know that, we don't belong, and will never get any respect, and we are use to being put down. We are not a power program, nor has anyone implied that. Les hit the nail on the head, when LC plays as a team, they are good team, when they lose their composure and play selfish they are not. We are not a basketball power, this is only the third time in school history we have made the region, and Coach Pennington is trying to build a program, and it can't be built overnight, baby steps are need to be taken with a program that has struggled over the years like LC, and it took a step forward by making it to the region. I still believe that LC can play with all but two teams in the region. I never said beat, I said play with, and what I mean is play within 10 points when they are playing as a team. Since we don't play the others, and play a team that has beaten every team they have faced in this region by double digits, I guess will never know how LC would have played the others in the region tourney.