13th Region Pairings

You guys laugh, but I don't think you give Coach P enough credit. Some of your Redhound faithful talk about him the way the 18-percenters talk about Tubby. I've seen what he has to work with, and for Corbin to get to the Sweet 16 last year was a minor miracle, and for them to be considered by some (me included, now) the 2nd-best team in the region is also pretty impressive. Nothing against the rest of the Corbin kids, but outside of Crawford, there's not much there. And despite that, I would still tab the Redhounds as the most likely candidate to knock off SL.

I would agree. It seems like every year all I hear is how terrible Coach P is. Yet every year, somehow, Corbin is right in the thick of it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arent you the one who predicted it would happen in the district tourney as well! :D

I think SL had a pretty "off shooting night" the second timed they played Corbin this year, at Corbin, yet they won by 17. It will take more then a "off" night for SL for any 13th region team to beat them. It take the combination of SL being off, and the opposing team playing their best ON game ever!!!

Far from Nastrodamus you are!

Hey, ya gotta believe .............no matter what.......If I had been right I would have been a nastrodamus:D True believers ....believe :laugh:

Do I think The Hounds will still win the 13th ......yes sir, it will be a cake walk :walk: :devil:

Hey, ya gotta believe .............no matter what.......If I had been right I would have been a nastrodamus:D True believers ....believe :laugh:

Do I think The Hounds will still win the 13th ......yes sir, it will be a cake walk :walk: :devil:

I agree.... true fans, regardless of the situation, should believe.

However, when I am making my predicitions I try not to look through "rose colored classes." I love faithful fans, but I hate irrational biasis.

I believe Bell Co. has a great shot of making it to the finals, depending on the draw. I am as faithful to the blue and white as anyone. However, I dont see them beating SL, although anything is possible.

I think there is alot to be said for reason and logic, and any rational fan would have to say it is a long shot for any team in the 13th region to pull it out.

It is gonna be far from a cake walk for anyone to beat SL, especially a team that has already had 3 shots at them, and lost convincingly in each shot.

You guys laugh, but I don't think you give Coach P enough credit. Some of your Redhound faithful talk about him the way the 18-percenters talk about Tubby. I've seen what he has to work with, and for Corbin to get to the Sweet 16 last year was a minor miracle, and for them to be considered by some (me included, now) the 2nd-best team in the region is also pretty impressive. Nothing against the rest of the Corbin kids, but outside of Crawford, there's not much there. And despite that, I would still tab the Redhounds as the most likely candidate to knock off SL.

He has done a very good job without a tremendous amount of talent. There are times when I wonder how the Hounds have done as well this year as they have when you consider what all they last from last year. They lost Parks, Noble, Lawson, Dixon, Ware and Freeman who comprised six of the top nine spots in minutes played last year and only have four upperclassmen getting any playing time this year. The credit has to go to the coaching staff and also to the players who buy into the system and do to the best of their abilities what the coaches ask them to do.

Coach P. does not worry about recognition though, he just wants to develop his players both on and off the court and winning will come as a result of this.

I agree.... true fans, regardless of the situation, should believe.

However, when I am making my predicitions I try not to look through "rose colored classes." I love faithful fans, but I hate irrational biasis.

I believe Bell Co. has a great shot of making it to the finals, depending on the draw. I am as faithful to the blue and white as anyone. However, I dont see them beating SL, although anything is possible.

I think there is alot to be said for reason and logic, and any rational fan would have to say it is a long shot for any team in the 13th region to pull it out.

It is gonna be far from a cake walk for anyone to beat SL, especially a team that has already had 3 shots at them, and lost convincingly in each shot.

We lost 3 times........:sssh:

What is that supposed to mean??? I havent even mentioned Wright in this thread.

I am not the only person who thinks SL is the clear cut favorite to win this region, with every other team having little to no chance of beating them.

As far as Coach Wright goes, I have the utmost respect for the man. He is as great a person as he is a coach. He is a Christian man who practices what he preaches. I recognize talent when I see it, and Coach Wright is the best coach in the region, hands down. To do what he has done with a "bunch of non athletic East KY boys" is pretty impressive.

Wright is a very good coach no doubt, but it's not like he's had no talent. Didn't this current group win AAU championships at several levels before they got to high school? I know I've been hearing about them for years.

There are a number of good coaches in the region, and Wright doesn't have the market cornered on being a "great person" either.

Wright is a very good coach no doubt, but it's not like he's had no talent. Didn't this current group win AAU championships at several levels before they got to high school? I know I've been hearing about them for years.

There are a number of good coaches in the region, and Wright doesn't have the market cornered on being a "great person" either.

I never said he had no talent. I said he had a "bunch of non athletic East Ky boys", which is the big misconception across the state.

I totally agree that there are a bunch of good coaches in this region, that are also great people.

This isnt even the "13th region coach of the year" thread, so I dont know why anyone would bring up Wright. However, I think if you come into the 13th region at the #1 team, go undefeated through the entire season despite the bulls eye on your chest, and then win the 13th region title (which remains to be seen), then Coach Wright deserves the coach of the year award.