Hellbird

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[h=2]McIlroy takes time for young fan after PGA's first round[/h]

He’s the #1 golfer in the world and more importantly a fine young man. Those two don’t always go together. He could have easily ignored us and we would have understood — after all, he is trying to win a major championship. But he didn’t ignore us because he has character and recognizes the importance and his responsibility as an ambassador of the game. He took just a minute of his time to create an experience that we won’t forget.

The man is one of the best drivers in golf, drives his own car and was going to pump his own gas. And he’s even driving on the wrong side of the road compared to how he learned to drive in Northern Ireland. Success has not gone to his head, and I hope that it never does. If he keeps his feet on the ground, it’s hard to say how much of his potential that he will achieve.”

I will be there on Saturday, likely behind #14, probably in a pink shirt, most assuredly with a 9 year old boy wearing some other country's soccer jersey.

It was mentioned earlier on this thread that to volunteer at The Senior event next season it cost $130, what was the cost to volunteer at this PGA? Are hotels pretty much booked at this event and next season's? How far in advance do you have to sign up to volunteer? Thanks.

It was mentioned earlier on this thread that to volunteer at The Senior event next season it cost $130, what was the cost to volunteer at this PGA? Are hotels pretty much booked at this event and next season's? How far in advance do you have to sign up to volunteer? Thanks.

I talked to a volunteer on we'd and she said it was $190 to volunteer this year.

As far as next year, you'd have to go to the website and volunteer. I believe it's at Whistling Straights next year.H

ere

is the link for next years event volunteer page.

https://ems.pgalinks.com/volunteers/index.cfm?sid=1431

It looks like it will be around $205

I was there Friday. Rain in the morning, off and on drizzle the rest of the day. Muddy conditions but a lot of fun. My brother and I quickly learned that it's not easy following groups and walking the up and down terrain of Valhalla. We parked ourselfs at the par 3 # 14 hole for about 2 hours, then watched another hole, a par 4, from the area in the fairway where the drives usually ended up. Then for the last 3 hours we sit close to the rope next to the green on # 18 and watched all the golfers finish their round. Great experience.

My brother tried to take a phone picture of Tiger and before he knew what was going on a golf official was standing right in front of him pointing his finger and telling him he knew better than that, to put his phone away because it wasn't allowed, lol.