UK 2012 vs. UK 2010- Boogie says...

NKY Bandit

To say Teague and Lamb would only have major major issues against Wall and Bledsoe and only repeat it again once is an insult to major issues.

Offensively or defensively, 2012 couldn't hold 2010.

Love MKG, but as I said earlier (TL:DR), I don't see him grabbing a rebound, taking off down the floor with Wall or Bledsoe already a few steps out in front, and going all the way for one of the transition baskets that he got so often in college. I'd imagine we'd see 1 or 2 of those volleyballed and/or taken the other way for 2.

If we're talking head-to-head, too many matchup problems for 2012 to try and compete with 2010.

Wall vs. Teague. (Wall, easy)

Bledsoe vs. Lamb. (Bledsoe. But then again he was known for getting lost on 3 point shooters and Lamb could light him up)

Davis vs. Cousins. (I still say Davis. He could play on the perimeter and blow by Boogie. He was player of the year as a freshman. He is having a great start to an NBA career. Even better than Boogie's first two seasons)

MKG vs. Miller/Liggins/Dobson. (MKG all day, everyday. Better defender than even Liggins. Shot descently. Rebounded better. Great on the break)

Jones vs. Patterson. (Jones. Patterson was fine but he was not the physical specimen Jones is. Jones could score and rebound as well as PPat and he swatted more shots. Jones had more Blocks than Cousins)

I still see 2012 as the better Team.

Bench was far better in 2010.

Throw in FT's (2010 shot 67% and 2012 shot 72%.)

3 point shooting: (2012 38% and 2010 33%).

Turnovers: (2010 had 547 and 2012 had 453 while playing 2 more games)

2010 had highlight reel moments. 2012 had solid moments.

2012 wins IMO.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patterson, Orton, and Liggins are all in the league 4 (going on 5) years later. Patterson got a nice contract with Toronto. Orton's biggest question marks since coming into the league regard the health of his knee. Liggins has always found a way to stick around, often on good teams.

From JokersWild24

Orton has averaged less than 3 pts a game over his career. Less than 3 rebounds as well. His problem isn't the knee, it's the talent.

Liggins has logged more time in the D League than the NBA. He played in only 1 game with Miami last season.

Wall vs. Teague. (Wall, easy)

Bledsoe vs. Lamb. (Bledsoe. But then again he was known for getting lost on 3 point shooters and Lamb could light him up)

Davis vs. Cousins. (I still say Davis. He could play on the perimeter and blow by Boogie. He was player of the year as a freshman. He is having a great start to an NBA career. Even better than Boogie's first two seasons)

MKG vs. Miller/Liggins/Dobson. (MKG all day, everyday. Better defender than even Liggins. Shot descently. Rebounded better. Great on the break)

Jones vs. Patterson. (Jones. Patterson was fine but he was not the physical specimen Jones is. Jones could score and rebound as well as PPat and he swatted more shots. Jones had more Blocks than Cousins)

I still see 2012 as the better Team.

Bench was far better in 2010.

Throw in FT's (2010 shot 67% and 2012 shot 72%.)

3 point shooting: (2012 38% and 2010 33%).

Turnovers: (2010 had 547 and 2012 had 453 while playing 2 more games)

2010 had highlight reel moments. 2012 had solid moments.

2012 wins IMO.

Would Davis be able to guard Boogie? Boogie is arguably the best center in the NBA right now. Davis is a PF at best. No way is he strong enough to stop Boogie offensively and who did Davis play against in college that was at the Demarcus Cousins level?

So what does the 2010 team do with Terrence Jones? He's the forgotten man in this equation. Rim protector. Scorer. Defender. 2012 set a TEAM record for blocked shots in the history of the NCAA.

I think Jones has trouble trying to match-up with Patterson and keep him off the block. In the next post, I mentioned going high-lo with Cousins/Patterson and having Davis drawn away from the rim and chasing Cousins, leaving Jones at the rim to stop Patterson or letting them take their chances with Jones trying to defend Cousins to 12' and effect his shot.

I think Patterson is more than able to hold his own against Jones. On the other end, I don't know how well Jones actually protects the rim, but he'd need his full bag of tricks to stop Cousins if he had to rotate onto him when Davis helped off and to stop Wall and Bledsoe with the full heads of steam they'd have beating Lamb and Teague off penetration all night.

I think Jones has trouble trying to match-up with Patterson and keep him off the block. In the next post, I mentioned going high-lo with Cousins/Patterson and having Davis drawn away from the rim and chasing Cousins, leaving Jones at the rim to stop Patterson or letting them take their chances with Jones trying to defend Cousins to 12' and effect his shot.

I think Patterson is more than able to hold his own against Jones. On the other end, I don't know how well Jones actually protects the rim, but he'd need his full bag of tricks to stop Cousins if he had to rotate onto him when Davis helped off and to stop Wall and Bledsoe with the full heads of steam they'd have beating Lamb and Teague off penetration all night.

Jones had more blocks than Cousins. Both years.

Jones had 43 n 47 steals. Boogie had 37.

I know Cousins is a beast but maybe we all need to re-examine the stats again.

Would Davis be able to guard Boogie? Boogie is arguably the best center in the NBA right now. Davis is a PF at best. No way is he strong enough to stop Boogie offensively and who did Davis play against in college that was at the Demarcus Cousins level?

He played against Royce White, Cody Zeller, Jeff Withey, Thomas Robinson, Tyler Zeller, John Henson, Patrick Young, Quincy Acey.

I don't think any of them are Boogie. But then again, how does Cousins match up vs Davis?

Truth is, the way Cal's teams switch, it's more important how versatile can each player be.

It's a no brainer for me, 2012 all the way. 10 had more talent but 2012 simply refused to lose. They'd win 2 of 3 IMO.

I'm more interested in comparing Champions against Champions. 2010 don't have the clout to make a judgement on 2011, 12 or even 14.

Jones had more blocks than Cousins. Both years.

Jones had 43 n 47 steals. Boogie had 37.

I know Cousins is a beast but maybe we all need to re-examine the stats again.

Jones vs. Patterson. That's the point of this matchup. Patterson is too strong and physical to let Jones' shot blocking ability take over.

I know Jones might have had more blocks than Cousins, but I'd give Cousins a much better chance at blocking Patterson's shot than I would Jones. I would guess that quite a few of Jones' blocks came where he was chasing down plays in an up and down game, not ones where he was one on one with a 4 or 5 in the post who tried to go up over him. Likewise, I'd also imagine that plenty of Jones' blocks in his 2 years also came from him spending more time guarding 3's as well.

Look at him in Houston. The way you're using his stats, how do you explain that he and Dwight Howard (widely considered one of the best shot blockers in the league), didn't leave the Rockets with better rates of protecting the rim?

Davis himself would struggle with Cousins, and I don't see Jones coming on a help rotation as bothering him. We're talking about a big man who was 5th in the NBA in per while still being 3rd in the league in usage. I know Davis had a slightly better overall PER than Cousins, but he was also used on 20% of the team's possessions as compared to 30%. No way he'd have been able to sustain those numbers if he'd been asked to increase his usage rate by 150%.