Driving etiquette

kyyank

People that drive in others' blind spot deserve to be run off the road, IMO.

Deuce, if I happen to be in your blind spot in a lane parallel to yours, how am I going to know it? Everybody's different. You'll just have to check those mirrors and get that neck turned around to double-check. :smug:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deuce, if I happen to be in your blind spot in a lane parallel to yours, how am I going to know it? Everybody's different. You'll just have to check those mirrors and get that neck turned around to double-check. :smug:

If I'm in your blind spot its because the joker in front of me won't get outta my way long enough for me to go by.

I'm talking about people that just ride there for no apparent reason. You know if you are in somebody's blind spot, and if you don't, you shouldn't be driving. Any time I think I may get caught in somebody's blind spot, I either speed up or slow down to avoid it.

I'm talking about people that just ride there for no apparent reason. You know if you are in somebody's blind spot, and if you don't, you shouldn't be driving. Any time I think I may get caught in somebody's blind spot, I either speed up or slow down to avoid it.

I respectfully disagree and I'm a hell of a driver. Unless you are a semi with huge mirrors and the old "if you can't see me in my mirrors, I can't see you" sign on the truck; I'm not worrying about your blind spot, that's on you. Car mirrors aren't that big that I can always apply the "semi" mirror rule. If I'm in a xpressway lane next to you and you want over in my lane, it's on you to make sure it's clear to proceed not on me. But, if I'm about a car length behind you on either side and I see you signal, I either move over or slow down to allow you over.

I respectfully disagree and I'm a hell of a driver. Unless you are a semi with huge mirrors and the old "if you can't see me in my mirrors, I can't see you" sign on the truck; I'm not worrying about your blind spot, that's on you. Car mirrors aren't that big that I can always apply the "semi" mirror rule. If I'm in a xpressway lane next to you and you want over in my lane, it's on you to make sure it's clear to proceed not on me. But, if I'm about a car length behind you on either side and I see you signal, I either move over or slow down to allow you over.

Every vehicle has a blind spot, regardless of size. Sure, everyone should look before changing lanes, but riding in someones blind spot is dangerous and just irresponsible, IMO.

If you're riding in someone's blind spot for longer than a couple seconds, that's on you. That's lack of awareness. Sure, it is compounded by the other driver's lack of awareness (or failure to check the blindspot), but there's no reason to be riding in someone's blind spot for longer than necessary.

I have absolutely no shame in cutting traffic lines. I have been burned several times, where I can’t get over and ultimately end up going the wrong way (NB on I-75 in Ft. Washington Way when I want to go SB on 75); however, I’d rather do that then sit in line the entire time. It’s my own cost-benefit analysis.

Plus, with the number of drivers distracted by cell phones, radios, whatever, it’s very easy to find somebody that will either let you over or just be completely oblivious.

If you're riding in someone's blind spot for longer than a couple seconds, that's on you. That's lack of awareness. Sure, it is compounded by the other driver's lack of awareness (or failure to check the blindspot), but there's no reason to be riding in someone's blind spot for longer than necessary.

Not a "lack of awareness" if I have no place to go because of the traffic around me. I just might not be understanding Deuce's point because I've never had a problem with anyone in this area. Could be I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill here. I usually agree with just about everybody's rant when it comes to driving.....well most posters.