Bill O'Reilly Questions John Calipari On "Hip-Hop, Rap Stuff, Hustlers"

HammerTime

Bill O'Reilly Questions John Calipari On "Hip-Hop, Rap Stuff, Hustlers"

Video in the link...

Here is some of the conversation.

I mean, you are a good guy coach but — now, the coaching has coarsened, you teach at the University of Kentucky it's coarsened. I don't know if you listen to this rap stuff and hip hop stuff. Has that changed their attitude? I mean, how do you impose discipline on kids who are pretty much gonna do what they want to do.

>They trust — you have got to have trust first that they look at me and say is he about me. That's what this book is about. They know that i'm about them and the decisions i make are in their interest, not my own, which is why I have a lot of kids leaving. I'm not influencing them to stay. I will tell them I want to keep copying you but i'm not going to hold you back. That's a big part of this. Do they trust you enough? Do they look at you and say he is going to do right by my? If i tell a kid to starks you know the people around them are going to say he is just trying to win more games. I have got to let them make their decisions.

Do they act differently toward you? Do these use four letter words towards you.

>No, no.

None of that?

>No.

So you impose strict discipline on that.

>Yes. Here is what I would tell you. These kids come from good homes. People will say well he doesn't have a father. Some of the best kids I coach were raised by a grandmother who was so firm that they understood.

So you evaluate their character before you give them the scholarships.

>If I walk in a home and a young man disrespects his mother or grandfather, grandmother in front of me, I'm out. Because if that's the case, he respects no one. He is not going to respect me.

Okay. How do you keep them away from temptation with the hustlers everywhere?

>Who?

So they go out with a girl and the girl said hey you raped me. There is drugs everywhere. They are giving the kids drugs for free. How do you keep them away from that?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even get what he is trying to say.

Well the one about getting kids from single parent family homes and what not didn't really make sense. By the one about keeping them away from the vices of college did.

I'm watching it a second time & I thought the first question he asked--the one about how you coach kids who are going to do what they're going to do--was a really poor stereotype-laced question & Cal handled it well.

The rest of it didn't bother me a bit. Even Cal acknowledges the truth of the "temptation" question & says he has to have the talk about how if you come to Kentucky, you can't "smoke, drink, chase, do all that stuff." Cal also talked about the housing situation & told O'Reilly that the players had to be separated "because of what you (O'Reilly) said." He also says the team takes NBA security with them on the road because the bad guys can't get to them on campus, but they try to get them on the road, so they take the security "to protect them."

I'm watching it a second time & I thought the first question he asked--the one about how you coach kids who are going to do what they're going to do--was a really poor stereotype-laced question & Cal handled it well.

The rest of it didn't bother me a bit. Even Cal acknowledges the truth of the "temptation" question & says he has to have the talk about how if you come to Kentucky, you can't "smoke, drink, chase, do all that stuff." Cal also talked about the housing situation & told O'Reilly that the players had to be separated "because of what you (O'Reilly) said." He also says the team takes NBA security with them on the road because the bad guys can't get to them on campus, but they try to get them on the road, so they take the security "to protect them."

Nah....how do you keep them away from the hustlers?

O'Reilly should have just asked what he really meant. How do you as a white man manage keep all those negroes in line nowadays without using a whip?

Nah....how do you keep them away from the hustlers?

O'Reilly should have just asked what he really meant. How do you as a white man manage keep all those negroes in line nowadays without using a whip?

He said at the beginning of the interview that these were predominantly African American players he was asking about.