Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 70 East Carter 55

Featured Replies

Congratulations to the young Elliott County team.

Great win for the Lions.

 

East Carter 55

21/57 FG (36.8%)

4/14 3PT (28.6%)

9/12 FT (75%)

34 REB

12 TO

 

Elliott County 70

26/50 FG (52%)

4/17 3PT (23.5%)

14/24 FT (58.3%)

39 REB

7 TO

 

I think these are correct.

 

:dancingpa

This was a good game. It was close early, but Elliott switched to a full-court trapping press which seemed to be the turning point of the game. The officials seemed more nervous than the players and did a pretty poor job in this game. That was no excuse for either team as the refs were just bad all-around. The first three quarters resembled a football game and then all of a sudden in the fourth quarter, they started calling everything. Either way, number 23 for East Carter played a good game and probably should have shot a little more in the middle quarters and Elliott had great games from several of their players. I'm not sure how many points Ferguson had, but I feel it was in the 20's.

About what I expected. How many points did Fergoson have

 

I was nervous early - East Carter led after the first quarter, but Elliott turned it around in the second and took control in the third. I would guess that Ferguson had around 25, give or take a few.

I heard 24 for Ferguson, an excellent game by an excellent player. The referees were nervous. A few times tonight a technical should have been called against Weddington. In particularly the pointing at the scoreboard incident and when he took the charge on Burge, and then proceded to tell him about it.

The turning point in the game was the press. East Carter's guards choked under the pressure. It was two dribbles the corner, pick it up, and then turn it over. Weddington was too tough to see over. I also thought that East went away from their game plan after the 1st quarter. They simply did not have the fire power to stay with Elliott, as few teams do. Their controlled offense seemed to deflate Elliotts energy in the 1st quarer, but for some reason they went away from it.

Elliott played hard and deserved to win. Best of luck Thursday, and in Morehead.

Good win for Elliott. Ferguson had 24 and Evan Faulkner 22. Elliott's press really took east out of the game and Elliott controlled the boards. Ferguson had a monster game inside and Evan Faulkner hit 3-4 three-pointers including two in a row from the corner that sealed the game. Burge tried to take over for East late in the game and hit some big shots. Elliott-West should be a good game. Elliott has beaten them twice this year, but I look for West to play the same good defense that they did against Morgan County. Both teams may suffer a little of a let down after highly charged wins. By the way, the officials called about the same as they have all season. I thought the youngest one may have been in a little over his head.

Good win for Elliott. Ferguson had 24 and Evan Faulkner 22. Elliott's press really took east out of the game and Elliott controlled the boards. Ferguson had a monster game inside and Evan Faulkner hit 3-4 three-pointers including two in a row from the corner that sealed the game. Burge tried to take over for East late in the game and hit some big shots. Elliott-West should be a good game. Elliott has beaten them twice this year, but I look for West to play the same good defense that they did against Morgan County. Both teams may suffer a little of a let down after highly charged wins. By the way, the officials called about the same as they have all season. I thought the youngest one may have been in a little over his head.

 

I made a joke with the people sitting with me that the youngest one didn't appear to be old enough to buy cigarettes. There are a few good refs in the 16th, but for the most part you are correct - it was the same as all season.

Congrats to Elliott County!! I figured that Elliott would win and that we would have a MC and Elliott final. But with MC out, it will be interesting to see if West can pull another upset!!

 

Either way, they both have their ticket to Morehead though.

I heard 24 for Ferguson, an excellent game by an excellent player. The referees were nervous. A few times tonight a technical should have been called against Weddington. In particularly the pointing at the scoreboard incident and when he took the charge on Burge, and then proceded to tell him about it.

The turning point in the game was the press. East Carter's guards choked under the pressure. It was two dribbles the corner, pick it up, and then turn it over. Weddington was too tough to see over. I also thought that East went away from their game plan after the 1st quarter. They simply did not have the fire power to stay with Elliott, as few teams do. Their controlled offense seemed to deflate Elliotts energy in the 1st quarer, but for some reason they went away from it.

Elliott played hard and deserved to win. Best of luck Thursday, and in Morehead.

 

I guess 25 was a good guess. I knew he was up there around the mid-20's. The refs really did seem nervous. There was one play that I remember specifically when I think one of them blew the whistle and had all intentions to call a foul, but he went to pieces and called a walk... It was like he couldn't get his hands to do what he wanted or something, so he just called a walk. Then they pretended to not see (I assume they ignored it because everyone else in the gym saw it) Weddington point his fingers in a player's face, then taunt the crowd, and then point at the scoreboard. I was cheering for Elliott, but I think at least a warning was in order on several occasions. I also noticed various times throughout the game when players exploded over calls and then confronted the refs or questioned them and that seemed to be acceptable behavior - at least in this game anyways.

Congrats to Elliott County!! I figured that Elliott would win and that we would have a MC and Elliott final. But with MC out, it will be interesting to see if West can pull another upset!!

 

Either way, they both have their ticket to Morehead though.

 

Who all do we have in the regional tourney at this point? The ones I remember are Greenup, Menifee, Rowan, West, Elliott, and Ashland. Was the other one Russell and then either Boyd/Fairview?

Who all do we have in the regional tourney at this point? The ones I remember are Greenup, Menifee, Rowan, West, Elliott, and Ashland. Was the other one Russell and then either Boyd/Fairview?

 

 

 

Yes

Yes

 

Now, they way this season has gone, we will probably have a regional bracket that looks like this:

 

One side: Menifee, West Carter, Greenup, Ashland

 

Other side: Elliott, Boyd/Fairview, Russell, Rowan

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.